Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.2

[DE]Danielle

21 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

Sad. Please revert this. It completely made sense for the speedy wave to travel faster, to help bring in far-away enemies more quickly. People only complained because they don't understand the way the ability works, that it's an expanding wave that gradually tags enemies.

No people complained because the slow moving field would linger and continue priming more and more enemies as they spawned (even within its existing radius) and the change made it so the field did one quick pass and only primed one batch of enemies which meant it had to be spam casted which cost triple the energy because it moved 3x faster. If you want to minimize delays you should cast it in advance of the "next wave" timer so it is already half expanded by the time enemies spawn.

21 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

Nova was one of the easiest characters to build and never had energy management problems. And as far as tedious goes, what part of "relegated to defense" do you not understand? I spent the last twenty four hours playing Nova on the new mission type in steel path and I had an absolute blast with the new mechanics. Now it's all gone and I'll never get to enjoy that again. I've never seen a frame get nerfed so hard so fast before.

Changing it back is not a nerf. And yes the primary purpose of speedva always was to speed up defense missions and to bring in more enemies in survival, disruption and other such mission types to increase the drop and kill rate. The change broke that purpose. The whole point of adding it as a hold cast was so it can continue fulfilling that purpose without needing negative strength builds. They fixed it to continue serving that purpose instead of making it worse for that purpose. The change is what would be considered a nerf to this purpose.

What you are looking for was never the original behavior of the frame or the intention of the rework. What were you using it for anyway? If you were moving forward toward enemies what were you speeding them for? So they could get to you a half second sooner in an exterminate mission? Might as well use day form equinox for that, it even has an augment that spreads the effect on kill. If it was for priming them for the double damage then Molecular fission now has the extra effect of making null stars prime enemies. Throw on the augment for her 1 on top and you can send null stars with heat procs on enemies at will and get both priming and armor halving.

If they change it back to move 3x faster then it needs to cost 3x less to compensate for the triple casting frequency.

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 9

Yo, are you guys aware of the the issue with relics in survival missions having to be opened twice?
After you complete the first rota, you get to select the next relic then you are stuck in a 10 second timeframe where the timer is stuck and after 5 seconds it counts down again and re-opens the relic selection screen. This happens on every subsequent rota and even though it doesn't consume an extra relic or anything more harmful it's really annoying for anyone wanting to enjoy some endurance survival runs and having to wait for the extra screens and extra inputs every 5 mins. It doesn't seem to happen in Void Cascade

Edited by Hustensoehnchen
  • Like 3

Hey speaking about nova changes, please give a look into rest and rage (only for rage, aka the mini version of sped up molecular prime) which is not applicable to eximus as well and so does it's damage vulnerability, being the only in game right now that cannot do so.

If Nova 4's can sped up eximus and also have its damage, I think it's pretty much fair to let rage have that, as imo it is pretty spammy and low base range, def not as efficient as molecular prime in such task.

2 minutes ago, Amolistic. said:

Hey speaking about nova changes, please give a look into rest and rage (only for rage, aka the mini version of sped up molecular prime) which is not applicable to eximus as well and so does it's damage vulnerability, being the only in game right now that cannot do so.

If Nova 4's can sped up eximus and also have its damage, I think it's pretty much fair to let rage have that, as imo it is pretty spammy and low base range, def not as efficient as molecular prime in such task.

equinox needs a whole rework

• Like 4

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed indefinitely stacking unintended amount of Health from a combination of the Strain Consume mod and any of the following: Helminth Charger, Nidus Maggots and Pathocyst. 

Is Pathocyst and Nidus maggots maggots supposed to synergize with this mod set? If so, then is would still be bugged as their seems to be no interaction. 

Edited by Bilsaruu

34 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

It was a bad change and it is a good thing they reverted it. The slow moving lingering field would prime new enemies as they spawned in or out of it. When it was moving too fast it would prime a few enemies and disappear which meant you had to cast it 3x as often to get similar amounts of priming.

Maybe a way to have the best of both worlds would be a sort of bell-curve timed expansion.

It would start fast at the beginning but then get exponentially slower when reaching the end of the duration, possibly increasing the ability duration a bit to compensate for the big slowdown at the end.

• Like 2

Just now, Hustensoehnchen said:

Yo, are you guys aware of the the issue with relics in survival missions having to be opened twice?
After you complete the first rota, you get to select the next relic then you are stuck in a 10 second timeframe where the timer is stuck and after 5 seconds it counts down again and re-opens the relic selection screen. This happens on every subsequent rota and even though it doesn't consume an extra relic or anything more harmful it's really annoying for anyone wanting to enjoy some endurance survival runs and having to wait for the extra screens and extra inputs every 5 mins. It doesn't seem to happen in Void Cascade

I literally just mentioned this. While it's not game breaking, it is extremely annoying and ruining my enjoyment of my favorite game modes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

It's not a nerf, and yes the primary purpose of speedva always was to speed up defense missions and to bring in more enemies in survival and other mission types to increase the drop and kill rate. The change broke that purpose. The whole point of adding it as a hold cast was so it can continue fulfilling that purpose without needing negative strength builds. They fixed it to continue serving that purpose instead of making it worse for that purpose.

It's a nerf through and through. The new mechanics fixed Nova and improved her gameplay and them changing it back to the old behavior means Nova is back to being boring again. I don't want Nova to be boring and neither does anyone else. All this talk about energy just means you are just annoyed that the new mechanic had real consequences and that you couldn't just sit in a spot and spam cast Molecular prime over and over and over again without having to manage your energy. At the same time, the new mechanics breathed new life into Nova that was much needed and having a frame get nerfed this hard this fast did not help.

1 minute ago, JargenBakt said:

It's a nerf through and through. The new mechanics fixed Nova and improved her gameplay and them changing it back to the old behavior means Nova is back to being boring again. I don't want Nova to be boring and neither does anyone else. All this talk about energy just means you are just annoyed that the new mechanic had real consequences and that you couldn't just sit in a spot and spam cast Molecular prime over and over and over again without having to manage your energy. At the same time, the new mechanics breathed new life into Nova that was much needed and having a frame get nerfed this hard this fast did not help.

What new mechanics? 

All the new faster wave did was tag lesser enemies than the old one for no real benefit for most players. 

• Like 7

Fixed common Conservation targets having extremely high spawn rate when called with an Echolure.

Cool so no compensation for those of us that wasted 5 hours farming extinct critters.  :shockednotshockedface:

Of course I still need Delicate pobbers - and oh - whats this? Now there are no spawns at all for pobbers?

i-HWCbqrP-X2.png

So I noticed an issue with Koumei. If you are a client, you only get the same 3-4 challenges each time with no reprieve. 

Ex: I've only ever gotten "Kill enemies from {XX}m away" (both 10m/20m), "Kill enemies while airborne", "Kill enemies while sliding", and "Kill enemies during wall latch". The wall latch one gets especially tiresome and is almost always an instant reroll for me. 

Hoping this gets a speedy fix soon!

EDIT: Please revert the Nova change! It made it easy to know exactly which one you casted and people really enjoyed the faster wave for speed!!!!

Edited by PrincessMittens
Additional fix.

3 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

No it isn't. Nova can still do exactly what she did and how she did it before except now you don't need one positive strength build and one negative strength build. You have both in one, which was the purpose of the change. Forcing her to spam cast an ability that costs 100 energy every 3 seconds is what's a nerf. And if you try to use +60% efficiency/-60% duration to compensate then you are ruining her 4's reach by reducing duration.

Your opinion is the nerf. Go play equinox if you want to run around and speed enemies with you. Thats what her day form is for. Nova has her purpose and it ain't that.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rexis12 said:

All the new faster wave did was tag lesser enemies than the old one for no real benefit for most players. 

That's the point. Speeding up enemies should have consequences. These consequences also made it so that Nova was really enjoyable because the fast wave meant you could use it in normal missions without having to wait around to prime enemies nearby. The old behavior was far too slow to use Nova in general missions and often brought gameplay to a screeching halt. It absolutely necessary and was a very enjoyable change to the character. Like I keep saying, Nova is now boring again when they reverted it back to the old behavior.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

No it isn't. Nova can still do exactly what she did and how she did it before except now you don't need one positive strength build and one negative strength build. You have both in one, which was the purpose of the change. Forcing her to spam cast an ability that costs 100 energy every 3 seconds is what's a nerf. And if you try to use +60% efficiency/-60% duration to compensate then you are ruining her 4's reach by reducing duration.

Your opinion is the nerf. Go play equinox if you want to run around and speed enemies with you. Thats what her day form is for. Nova has her purpose and it ain't that.

It's a nerf. And because it's a nerf it means Nova is back to being as boring as she ever was.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, [DE]Danielle dijo:
  • Fixed indefinitely stacking unintended amount of Health from a combination of the Strain Consume mod and any of the following: Helminth Charger, Nidus Maggots and Pathocyst. 

Could we get a bit more info for clarity here?

Does this mean that Strain Consume no longer takes Pathocyst's and Ravenous' maggots into account, but still maintains its indefinite scaling similarly to Melee Fortification, or that it simply doesn't stack anymore?  Also, could we get more concise mods descriptions, so we know when an upgrade, be mod or arcane, does have stacks that decay one by one until reaching zero (i.e: Deadhead), stacks that are refreshable but if their timer ends all expire in unison (i.e: Ice Storm), and when do they have separate non-refreshable instances (i.e: Fortification)?

Oh, and some form of UI indicator for this new effect of Strain Consume, it's amazing to be able to stack so much health, but I get a bit lost not knowing how long do I have left on my bonus, though with so many icons from buffs and so it's starting to get too bloated.

vor einer Stunde schrieb JargenBakt:

This is ridiculous. The new behavior was totally fine. I was absolutely enjoying how well Nova played with the new fast cast. There was absolutely no need to do this after just dropping it.

Edit: Nova went from being absolutely amazing to same-old boring within the span of a day. This kind of change should have not happened at a whim. Revert the change back to the way it was. The reasoning given is absolute nonsense. Speeding up enemies should come at a cost and now that cost is gone and Nova has gone back to being very boring again.

At what cost? Spamming 4 every 6 seconds over and over again? with 320% duration?   

With less Duration u spam if every what 3 seconds ? 2 seconds?  

Thats super unfun and breaks some builds aswell.

if we only talk about how fast the "4" "spreads" then i agree, the current one feels a bit slower then before but maybe its just the updated animations.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Lyblac said:
  • Fixed equipping certain Sigils (notably the Cephalon Simaris Sigil) making the Ostarus Headgear and Maru Obi Syandana appear as a solid color. 

Oof, I had already gotten my hopes up, thinking that I had decided to change the ephemera for syandanas 😢

Always a shame they have to fix these changes. :(

Would be nice if they asked the community about funny cosmetic bugs such as this one to see if people want to keep it like the Dominion Blade Skin x Zenistar interaction.

3 minutes ago, Junaphine said:

At what cost? Spamming 4 every 6 seconds over and over again? with 320% duration?   

With less Duration u spam if every what 3 seconds ? 2 seconds?  

Thats super unfun and breaks some builds aswell.

if we only talk about how fast the "4" "spreads" then i agree, the current one feels a bit slower then before but maybe its just the updated animations.

That guy is delusional and wants to turn nova into day form equinox and pretends preserving the original intended behavior is a "nerf". Not sure he even knows what nerf means. Sounds like "it doesn't change the frame to a different playstyle that i like" is his definition of a nerf. Maybe he is playing the wrong frame.

He rationalized the need to cast 100 energy every 3 seconds as "speeding up enemies should have consequences" like using your ability is supposed to be a punishment. The "consequence" is you lost 100 energy and they are faster so make sure you don't die. He wants it to completely ruin the whole point of speedva.

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 8