Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusive Weapons Need To Be Slowed Down/throttled Back.

Emeere

All closed beta/open beta games have some exclusives.

It's to show that they've been around for a while (Which is also why I seriously disagree with anyone who says they should return).

But, Warframe honestly doesn't have that many exclusives.

Braton Vandal

Lato Vandal

Snipetron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Brakk

Machete Wraith

I might be missing one or 2, but since Feb (when I joined), there's only been those.

I can't remember which game it was, but I played one a while ago in closed beta that was giving out exclusives every week/fortnight. By the time it hit open beta, there were dozens of CB exclusives.

That being said, I do agree with you when you say they need to dial it back a bit.

Give us badges, cosmetics etc. Dial it back on the weapons.

You're right, we don't have that many, but at the rate we're moving.... By the time this game has launched we'll have dozens!

You're right, we don't have that many, but at the rate we're moving.... By the time this game has launched we'll have dozens!

Currently we have 6 or so. If we move at the rate we're currently on, We'll have 12 by April or may of next Year.

That's only 1 dozen. So, The only way we'll have /dozens/ of exclusives by launch, Is if WF Doesn't go out of Open beta by 2015.

Currently we have 6 or so. If we move at the rate we're currently on, We'll have 12 by April or may of next Year.

That's only 1 dozen. So, The only way we'll have /dozens/ of exclusives by launch, Is if WF Doesn't go out of Open beta by 2015.

Okay fine, I was exaggerating. A dozen unique, exclusive weapons new players can never have seems pretty excessive too me is all.

I am not really perturbed by the presence of exclusive weapons.

This is partially because I own the majority of them, barring the first two

vandals and primed chamber.

Like, I went through the trouble of earning these weapons, I actually don't

use many of them anymore by virtue of "Screw that, this gun shoots lightning"

but I could understand being jealous. Whichever way.

All closed beta/open beta games have some exclusives.

It's to show that they've been around for a while (Which is also why I seriously disagree with anyone who says they should return).

But, Warframe honestly doesn't have that many exclusives.

Braton Vandal

Lato Vandal

Snipetron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Brakk

Machete Wraith

I might be missing one or 2, but since Feb (when I joined), there's only been those.

Just to add onto the list (not exactly exclusives, but you forgot the retired weapons, although we have no idea if they're coming back or not): Machete, ether daggers, gorgon (kind of, can still be gotten), snipetron, ammo boxes/team heals (the old ones), boar, and Lato/Excal/Skana prime

I may be missing one or two also.

They're not all "exclusive exclusives", but because they've retired some of those weapons, so I assume that's what they have become more or less.

As a previous poster mentioned, it's really nothing wrong to feel left out when you miss exclusives. It's called "exclusives" for a reason just as how most TCG treats it like.

And as said, most of the "exclusive" weapons are reskins, albeit more powerful than the standard versions of the weapons. However, there are much better weapons, such as them clan-tech weapons, or ridiculous soma that by far overpowers these "exclusives".

You really don't need these exclusives to play the game. In fact, you can progress most of the content without it. The underlying problem is that you want something that is unobtainable anymore.

That Alabaster skin for Excal Prime was nice... too bad I disconnected from my router before I was able to save it before they patched it...

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but was there a way to save this skin? It got removed from my inventory :/

And as said, most of the "exclusive" weapons are reskins, albeit more powerful than the standard versions of the weapons. However, there are much better weapons, such as them clan-tech weapons, or ridiculous soma that by far overpowers these "exclusives".

Brakk

DISCLAIMER: I love exclusives, honest and true, they make players who were around for special events FEEL special, like they participated in something unique. I have no interest in taking away or making exclusives less exclusive..y(?)

What I'm saying is, we already have (imho) WAY TOO MANY, this game isn't even launched yet, and we have 'exclusive' weapons coming out of the yin-yang! I have many of these exclusives, but my heart goes out to the poor sob two or three years down the line who asks:...

'Wow, cool weapon! What is it? Where can I get one?"

"Oh, This? This is the Akwraithvandalprime Strun, I got it in an event about a year and a half ago, it isn't available anymore~"

"Oh."

For the sake of the future players, we should either throttle back rewards, or restrict them to cosmetic effects/items only!

Doesn't your suggestion go against what you claim to be your concern for "the poor sob two or three years down the line"?

You already have your exclusives, so you want DE to stop giving them out or "restrict them to cosmetic effects/items only" from this point onwards?

I started playing roughly 10 days ago. So coming from a guy who's never had the chance to participate in any of the previous events and doesn't have a single exclusive item, to me all you're saying is: "DE, don't give the newer guys who just started the game after the last event any chance of having any useful exclusive item ever and let us old timers keep the good stuff exclusively for ourselves."

"..this game isn't even launched yet, and we have 'exclusive' weapons coming out of the yin-yang!" - Another way to look at it is: since the game isn't launched yet, it wouldn't hurt to give exclusive items to people who are actively participating in the open beta.

Sure, there really is something wrong with the current model. But simply cutting off exclusives or restricting them to cosmetic-only items from this point forward is not the solution. Doing that will just rob future players of any chance of ever getting a good item.

There are people - like me - who didn't start playing the game earlier simply because they never knew it even existed earlier. Does that make you privileged just coz you knew about it well before any of us did giving you the right to rob us of our chances?

Doesn't your suggestion go against what you claim to be your concern for "the poor sob two or three years down the line"?

You already have your exclusives, so you want DE to stop giving them out or "restrict them to cosmetic effects/items only" from this point onwards?

I started playing roughly 10 days ago. So coming from a guy who's never had the chance to participate in any of the previous events and doesn't have a single exclusive item, to me all you're saying is: "DE, don't give the newer guys who just started the game after the last event any chance of having any useful exclusive item ever and let us old timers keep the good stuff exclusively for ourselves."

"..this game isn't even launched yet, and we have 'exclusive' weapons coming out of the yin-yang!" - Another way to look at it is: since the game isn't launched yet, it wouldn't hurt to give exclusive items to people who are actively participating in the open beta.

Sure, there really is something wrong with the current model. But simply cutting off exclusives or restricting them to cosmetic-only items from this point forward is not the solution. Doing that will just rob future players of any chance of ever getting a good item.

There are people - like me - who didn't start playing the game earlier simply because they never knew it even existed earlier. Does that make you privileged just coz you knew about it well before any of us did giving you the right to rob us of our chances?

You raise some very good points in your post, I'll admit I didn't think of it from that perspective. I don't want anyone to be punished, 

"...Doing that will rob new players in the future a chance of ever getting a good item.." 

That statement caught my eye, you're right. The exclusive weapons ARE good, in my honest opinion, they're TOO, good. Vandals/Primes/ETC were, to the best of my knowledge, thought up as side-grades, not straight upgrades. In my opinion, they shouldn't be as good as they are, and seriously need to be brought into line in the future.

Except not everyone has a computer capable of running warframe right then and there. Plus you can't say "lol they should have go a ps4" because the ps4 wasn't even around then.

Its not always about being lazy there are actual limitations stopping a person such as hardware and money. Infact to assume people are just lazy is rather ignorant.

To be honest giving exclusives out at such an early time, founders included seemed a little wrong. I understand a appreciate how DE wanted to give something to those who supported the game but the game barely got off its feet at the time and it was only starting to show some major signs of progress after the grineer tileset was launched (and was still buggy) and that wasn't too long ago.

Not like they need the exclusives... so many weapons will come out that will blow them away anyway...