Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusive Weapons Need To Be Slowed Down/throttled Back.

Emeere

DISCLAIMER: I love exclusives, honest and true, they make players who were around for special events FEEL special, like they participated in something unique. I have no interest in taking away or making exclusives less exclusive..y(?)

What I'm saying is, we already have (imho) WAY TOO MANY, this game isn't even launched yet, and we have 'exclusive' weapons coming out of the yin-yang! I have many of these exclusives, but my heart goes out to the poor sob two or three years down the line who asks:...

'Wow, cool weapon! What is it? Where can I get one?"

"Oh, This? This is the Akwraithvandalprime Strun, I got it in an event about a year and a half ago, it isn't available anymore~"

"Oh."

For the sake of the future players, we should either throttle back rewards, or restrict them to cosmetic effects/items only!

Do it....Do it for the children, those poor children that were too lazy to play a game better than CoD a few years earlier....

/sarcasm

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You're implying that it's their fault for not joining sooner?

This game does not have serious PvP, exclusives are not game changers.  I rarely see people carrying the event exclusive items anyway.  The Strun Wraith I have, and I mostly carry a Soma to high end missions.  I think the Soma trumps all the exclusive awards anyway.

Yes, you are correct.

Except not everyone has a computer capable of running warframe right then and there. Plus you can't say "lol they should have go a ps4" because the ps4 wasn't even around then.

Its not always about being lazy there are actual limitations stopping a person such as hardware and money. Infact to assume people are just lazy is rather ignorant.

To be honest giving exclusives out at such an early time, founders included seemed a little wrong. I understand a appreciate how DE wanted to give something to those who supported the game but the game barely got off its feet at the time and it was only starting to show some major signs of progress after the grineer tileset was launched (and was still buggy) and that wasn't too long ago.

Edited by Blk_Mage

I agree, to an extent. I think more importantly, DE needs to get their ducks in a row and set up some system of rotating events in order to start actually cycling these damn items.

Setting up a system of Monthly or Bi-Monthly events that pull from a cycle of different Rewards seems like a natural direction to take. 

DISCLAIMER: I love exclusives, honest and true, they make players who were around for special events FEEL special, like they participated in something unique. I have no interest in taking away or making exclusives less exclusive..y(?)

What I'm saying is, we already have (imho) WAY TOO MANY, this game isn't even launched yet, and we have 'exclusive' weapons coming out of the yin-yang! I have many of these exclusives, but my heart goes out to the poor sob two or three years down the line who asks:...

'Wow, cool weapon! What is it? Where can I get one?"

"Oh, This? This is the Akwraithvandalprime Strun, I got it in an event about a year and a half ago, it isn't available anymore~"

"Oh."

For the sake of the future players, we should either throttle back rewards, or restrict them to cosmetic effects/items only!

i think you just gave me a idea for future event rewards *COSMETICS*

I missed the Wraith and the Brakk, loads of other people got them and love them, personally not bothered at all.

I like to think they are earned and when i see people with them, I know that they participated in some event that is part of warframe history.

After a few months of playing warframe i took a break because I as too addicted to it... I missed all the vandal weapons yet made and the original snipetron.... Im mastery rank twelve and iv never gotten to shoot a snipetron... This game is using underhand relationship tactics. "I understand that you feel like I'm taking over your life/need to work harder to keep you interested? Oh I'm vonna make so that if you dont play me everyday you always regret it!!!". No I don't use that sort of logic with girls. No its not a girls responsibility to "keep me interested" where talking about a game lol

No seriously ever since then iv been afraid to take a break and if they want to keep using weapon releases as event exclusives, they really aught to change it so its not exclusive/just really hard to get without attending the event....

If you wanna start talking about its fine I didn't get them or exclusive weapons don't really matter or how its a reward for loyalty and early joining iv heard them all. Every time a person misses a exclusive they will become one of us who suddenly care about this issue and its only a matter of time until you miss one to :)

I have to agree, it's not like it would hurt to have all event weapons availiable once every two months in an event. The only people who would get bothered are the people who for some reasons think it makes them important to have an exclusive weapon.

I don't know how many times I join an MMO, see something awesome that someone has, ask them where I can get it, to be told, "Sorry, it was a timed event from about a year back." Great. I have no chance of ever getting that item? I am okay with items locked behind accomplishment, that's cool. But don't make items that you can only get for one weekend in the life of the game.

All closed beta/open beta games have some exclusives.

It's to show that they've been around for a while (Which is also why I seriously disagree with anyone who says they should return).

But, Warframe honestly doesn't have that many exclusives.

Braton Vandal

Lato Vandal

Snipetron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Brakk

Machete Wraith

I might be missing one or 2, but since Feb (when I joined), there's only been those.

I can't remember which game it was, but I played one a while ago in closed beta that was giving out exclusives every week/fortnight. By the time it hit open beta, there were dozens of CB exclusives.

That being said, I do agree with you when you say they need to dial it back a bit.

Give us badges, cosmetics etc. Dial it back on the weapons.

Edited by Nugget_

Being event only does not mean that the weapon won't appear in the game again, it just means that it won't appear in the marketplace or as a standard mission drop.

DE have implied that these will appear in future events, the only things that are truly exclusive are the items that were bonuses for spending cash on the game or weapons that have been completely removed.

DE have implied that these will appear in future events, the only things that are truly exclusive are the items that were bonuses for spending cash on the game or weapons that have been completely removed.

Pretty sure Rebecca has flat out said (on many occasions) that the Braton Vandal/Lato Vandal will not be returning.

No idea on the state of the Wraiths, though.

I can imagine they are being treated in the same way.

Honestly the only exclusive things that DE should make are cosmetics. Its one thing to not want  to miss a single weapon this glorious game has to offer ( which is my view since im trying to collect ALL the weapons ) and its another thing entirely to base rank and progress off these exclusives on top of the fact you missed them. Its a double slap in the face to people who miss them. Not only do you miss out on a cool weapon or a chance to try something new but you miss out on mastery and level. Also before you ask im not a hippocrate, Yes im a founder and yes if they re released the founders stuff ( hopefully in the distant future along with all the other exclusives, including some I have missed. namely the braton/ lato vandal and the boar ) I wont rage, because I know whats its like to be left wanting something I cant get. 

I agree, to an extent. I think more importantly, DE needs to get their ducks in a row and set up some system of rotating events in order to start actually cycling these damn items.

Setting up a system of Monthly or Bi-Monthly events that pull from a cycle of different Rewards seems like a natural direction to take. 

This is actually a pretty reasonable idea (even if I have pretty much every exclusive weapon, even the horrible yellow Braton skin).

It begs the question though, who are you and what have you done with Blatantfool ?

All closed beta/open beta games have some exclusives.

It's to show that they've been around for a while (Which is also why I seriously disagree with anyone who says they should return).

But, Warframe honestly doesn't have that many exclusives.

Braton Vandal

Lato Vandal

Snipetron Vandal

Strun Wraith

Brakk

Machete Wraith

I might be missing one or 2, but since Feb (when I joined), there's only been those.

I can't remember which game it was, but I played one a while ago in closed beta that was giving out exclusives every week/fortnight. By the time it hit open beta, there were dozens of CB exclusives.

That being said, I do agree with you when you say they need to dial it back a bit.

Give us badges, cosmetics etc. Dial it back on the weapons.

^This. That is not that many exclusives at all.

But yes, Maybe some other type of Exclusives. Not weapons.