Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Know What Weapon Warframe Is Missing? Yeah... This One:

Phoenix86

20qhyxx.jpg

The image speaks for itself, we need a Dual Bladed Sword!

It might belong to the Heavies category and focusing on normal attacks instead of charged ones, its points of strenght would be range, speed and status proc chance rather than dmg.

What do you think? Are you up for it?!

Orthos is not a Dual Sword so stop naming it, it's a different weapon!

It's a double-ended pointy staff, which is the only reasonable application of a weapon with two pointy tips. Why? Due to the way in which you wield a polearm or staff weapon versus a.... sword with another sword attached to the pommel. There is no practical application without proper leverage, or simply damaging yourself using any standard move. This is obviously a sci-fi fantasy game, but there are still obvious applications and common movesets for weapon types currently existing.

Though really, I'd love to see what you think the moves would look like, because there is a pretty good reason this sort of weapon has never existed.

The realism/practicality argument is incredibly silly in a game where you wield mighty mystical powers (that are as yet unexplained in lore). 

As for what the moves would look like, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4d2JVjrEsY'>here's some examples. (Illusion Rave in particular is a great reference for the basic attacks.)

Edited by Zyrusticae

20qhyxx.jpg

It might belong to the Heavies category and focusing on normal attacks instead of charged ones, its points of strenght would be range, speed and status proc chance rather than dmg.

You know what why not. too much negativity in these forums. im gonna give you the thumbs up. just think of it as a shorter Orthos, faster, maybe does puncture damage.

20qhyxx.jpg

yes and if it had like an alt/spam ability where the blades detach and they become two single handed swords would be an interesting combo too

(like Cao Pi from Dynasty Warriors =3 I know there are other instances of a weapon like this in other games but they elude me right now. )

frankly I've always liked the design. its different and exotic which gives its appeal 

Edited by Fartbake