Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Feel The Brakk Is Game Breaking?

Truzie

There there...you'll get your chance...eventually.Till then just accept the fact that you don't have the Brakk (because let's face it,you wouldn't have made this post if you had it yourself).

I'm going to disagree as a Brakk owner. In the current setup the Brakk is the nail that is sticking out. It is more then a bit out of balance with other hand-shotgun secondaries.

Expect DE to change something about. If not then your going to end up like one of the Acrid people who was told over and over that it was going to nerfed eventually.

Um, yeah about that, they do have some patently overpowered weapons even in the new damage system, tweeks or not, they do intend for event weaposn to be supior.

there is a fair chance we will be seeing the corpus Detron, but i sincerly doubt they will make the Brakk widely obtainable, if they did not intend it to be an exclusive they would nto have errected such a massive barrier of missions to obtain one during the event.

When has DE EVER made custom models for an event-exclusive weapon before?

It's unprecedented. There would be riots!

I should know; I'd start them! 

And, no, I'm NOT bitter. I HAVE a Brakk. I just think it's messed up for there to be whole WEAPONS (as opposed to reskins of weapons) that people can't get if they missed out on an event. 

I'm going to disagree as a Brakk owner. In the current setup the Brakk is the nail that is sticking out. It is more then a bit out of balance with other hand-shotgun secondaries.

Expect DE to change something about. If not then your going to end up like one of the Acrid people who was told over and over that it was going to nerfed eventually.

The Brakk was the hardest of the hand-shotguns to obtain. Also, (IIRC) the Brakk isn't SUPER amazing it just looks that way since the other hand-shotguns suck.

I just think it's messed up for there to be whole WEAPONS (as opposed to reskins of weapons) that people can't get if they missed out on an event. 

Welcome to games/real life where you can't expect everything to be fair.

I love the "cry more" people. You can tell by my post rate that I love to sit at my desk and post "cry more" in peoples topics because I'm so cooool. Hahaha

What?

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I was with a group in a defence today, and all 3 of the other members where sporting a Brakk with blast elements. They simply stood at the defence point with their REDICULUS status chance and damage taking us easily to wave 40 without moving or using a single ability.

I'm just coming back after a few month break, I'm a player from beta with a founders package, and a few purchases of platinum, and I feel pretty cheated. Not only is this weapon among the best for damage, but it does equal damage in every catagory, making it perfect for every situation, has a nearly 100% status chance (10% per pellet x 20 pellets with a multishot mod) I mean, come on, no damage fall-off, massive status chance, massive crit, well rounded damage types, 1 second reload, more shots per mag than DUAL broncos. Theres no reason not to use it.

I know you had to do an event to get it, gratsto all that participated, I had a kid and quit gaming all together for a little while, so life got in the way. Hell, if I got an email saying "we are starting an event tomorrow and the reward is a game breaking pistol shotgun better than any primary or secondary in the game and this is your only chance to get it!" I probably would have paid a babysitter for a couple days.

Thats just my 2 cents, and I dont feel like things like this should be released as one time event rewards. I've played many an MMO in my days, and similar events usually reward cosmetic things that cant ever be obtained, which is fair. But when I'm seeing an unranked mag frame stun locking and killing groups of 50+ mobs from 50 yards away with a free no longer obtainable pistol, its safe to say I regret every dollar I've spent on this game, beause its obviously going in the wrong direction.

ur complaining over a orange bell pepper however mine is the Great Black Bell Pepper

Welcome to games/real life where you can't expect everything to be fair.

Actually everyone DOES expect everything to be fair in a game, thats why thousands of man hours on any popular game go into balancing. So I dont know what the hell your talking about.

If you've ever plyed another MMO, you would see what I'm talking about. A good example is opening the dark portal in World of Warcraft. A MAssive severl week event that required contribution of materials to complete. If you did enough you got a mount. This mount could never be obtained again. Sure, its cool, and everyone wants it, but it does not affect gameplay or playstyle. I for one LOVE the pistol shot guns, and right now there is only ONE good pistol shotgun and it just so happens I can never use it, and it just so happens to be incredibly awesome.

Actually everyone DOES expect everything to be fair in a game, thats why thousands of man hours on any popular game go into balancing. So I dont know what the hell your talking about.

If you've ever plyed another MMO, you would see what I'm talking about. A good example is opening the dark portal in World of Warcraft. A MAssive severl week event that required contribution of materials to complete. If you did enough you got a mount. This mount could never be obtained again. Sure, its cool, and everyone wants it, but it does not affect gameplay or playstyle. I for one LOVE the pistol shot guns, and right now there is only ONE good pistol shotgun and it just so happens I can never use it, and it just so happens to be incredibly awesome.

Well, I guess 'everyone' has unrealistic expectations. Just like that mount, the Brakk doesn't really affect the gameplay or playstyle of those who do not have it. For those who do have it the only real affect is a positive one. If you do not like it you don't have to use it. Not using it doesn't change your experience any beyond a change in the way you perceive whatever weapon you decide to use in its stead.

Let's say the Bronco Prime was the best hand-shotgun prior to the Brakk's release. Suddenly the Brakk comes out. DE didn't suddenly nerf the Bronco Prime. It is still as effective as it was prior to the Brakk's release. It just looks worse by comparison. How do you solve this issue? Stop comparing them. Use whatever weapon you want. D2.0 has done a good job of making every weapon (IIRC) usable.

I understand not everyone is going to like my response, that is perfectly fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. So don't jump down my throat if you disagree, just reply in a civil manner.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I do not think the Brakk is gamebreaking. I did not think the Strun Wraith was gamebreaking before U11 either.

I missed the chance to get Strun Wraith and Snipetron Vandal. It sucks and I really want them, but nerfing them wont make me feel better. Brakk took a lot of effort to get and it deserves to be a great exclusive.

I don't have an issue with earlier players having exclusive weapons and skins even if they are slightly more powerful than things that can be obtained now. The problem is that brakk isn't only slightly better. It has approximately 100% higher damage potential than the #2 sidearm. That's insane. Exclusives/one time only things should at most be 5-10% above the rest. Double is madness and yes it's unfair. I've dropped $300 on warframe since ps4 was released and planned to spend that much more again when u11 is released to support the devs and be a small part of keeping the game quality and free for the f2ps. They should reconsider their approach to their exclusives though, at the very least their balance with the rest of the game.

Ps4 players are double boned in this category since we've never had a chance for any of the exclusives and yet when the PC-ps4 migration occurs our version of the game will be inundated with these extremely overpowered weapons that we can not and will not ever have access to. It's a serious problem in my opinion.

I don't have an issue with earlier players having exclusive weapons and skins even if they are slightly more powerful than things that can be obtained now. The problem is that brakk isn't only slightly better. It has approximately 100% higher damage potential than the #2 sidearm. That's insane. Exclusives/one time only things should at most be 5-10% above the rest. Double is madness and yes it's unfair. I've dropped $300 on warframe since ps4 was released and planned to spend that much more again when u11 is released to support the devs and be a small part of keeping the game quality and free for the f2ps. They should reconsider their approach to their exclusives though, at the very least their balance with the rest of the game.

Ps4 players are double boned in this category since we've never had a chance for any of the exclusives and yet when the PC-ps4 migration occurs our version of the game will be inundated with these extremely overpowered weapons that we can not and will not ever have access to. It's a serious problem in my opinion.

its not only 100% more damage(better than every sidearm), its best in class for EVERY category you can think of.

-Damage blance for every race, check.

-$&*&*#(%& status procs, check.

-Awesome crit, check.

-Faster reload and bigger mag than every other shotgun pistol, check.

-No damage drop-off, check.

The problem is that theres no current sidearm that can beat this weapon in ANY situation.

As I've said in the past, these guns do not affect your gameplay experience beyond your perception of the game and the guns you use. Your Hikou do not start doing less damage just because the Brakk exists. Use what you like that you have access to. Do not begrudge those who worked their *** off for the Brakk/other exclusive weapons. If anything, see if they'll team up with you. 

its not only 100% more damage(better than every sidearm), its best in class for EVERY category you can think of.

-Damage blance for every race, check.

-$&*&*#(%& status procs, check.

-Awesome crit, check.

-Faster reload and bigger mag than every other shotgun pistol, check.

-No damage drop-off, check.

The problem is that theres no current sidearm that can beat this weapon in ANY situation.

IIRC the Boar Prime had the highest DPS of all the weapons. When did the Brakk take over?

As I've said in the past, these guns do not affect your gameplay experience beyond your perception of the game and the guns you use. Your Hikou do not start doing less damage just because the Brakk exists. Use what you like that you have access to. Do not begrudge those who worked their *** off for the Brakk/other exclusive weapons. If anything, see if they'll team up with you. 

Unequip your Brakk and join a tower 3 survival. After about 20 minutes, if you dont have a Brakk, all you can do is hide behind people that do have a Brakk so they can stunlock the whole room for you. I'm glad your happy that you have your overpowered weapon, and you can be that guy that everyone has to hide behind, but its no god dam fun for everyone else.

Unequip your Brakk and join a tower 3 survival. After about 20 minutes, if you dont have a Brakk, all you can do is hide behind people that do have a Brakk so they can stunlock the whole room for you. I'm glad your happy that you have your overpowered weapon, and you can be that guy that everyone has to hide behind, but its no god dam fun for everyone else.

I haven't run a survival in a while and I haven't used my Brakk much since D2.0 launched. If you're under the impression that it is a necessity then you're dead wrong. Stop being an asshat and making all these assumptions. I'm having plenty of fun without using my Brakk. I hate saying this but... 'get good'. That's really the only response I can come up with in reply to your idea that it is either Brakk or you're worthless.

IIRC the Boar Prime had the highest DPS of all the weapons. When did the Brakk take over?

Boar prime has less damage, less status, has damage fall off, more double the reload time, and oh yea, you can use PISTOL mods with the Brakk, so now you have more multi-shot, WAY higher damage mod, and the #1 killer of waves, Punch-through.

No other shotgun, even in the PRIMARY catagory can compete.

I haven't run a survival in a while and I haven't used my Brakk much since D2.0 launched. If you're under the impression that it is a necessity then you're dead wrong. Stop being an asshat and making all these assumptions. I'm having plenty of fun without using my Brakk. I hate saying this but... 'get good'. That's really the only response I can come up with in reply to your idea that it is either Brakk or you're worthless.

So far you've stated nothing this whole time, all you've said is "get over it" and "your an asshat" can you put in some real input? If you cant then maybe you should just shut your mouth.

I'm sorry but I'll take a different route, with all the "balancing"(cough, nerf, cough) after u11 and damage 2.0 it's nice to see at least one weapon survive the purge. I must agree with one point, no weapon should be exclusive permanently, but because of posts like this sooner or later the Brakk will probably also be nurfed. Someone moans about something being OP next thing you know that item is nurfed. So thanks for that.