Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

when have nerf occured?

Just now. DE put out a hot fix.

Also....

People....

Really....

It is still the Brakk. All DE did was take away the option to snipe with it. Is still going to turn anything up to 10 meters away into bloody hash. If anything go slap on a Maxed Magnum Force since it doesn't matter where the pellets go after 10 meters anyways.

Edited by Brasten

F***! I was going to try fooling around with the - spread corrupted mod to see if I could make a pocket hek but now it's pointless if there's falloff damage.

EDIT: Nevermind, that mod is for shotguns, not pistols. Derp. Also, here's the relevant info about the nerf.

Hotfix 11.2.1:

Changes:          

- Brakk change:

Damage slanted towards impact damage.

Little more spread added.

Fall off added (10-20m)

Edited by GSrevolution

A rate of fire/damage and/or status chance nerf would have been understandable, but I really hate this falloff garbage. It made some sense for hek back during its heyday, but I wish they would move away from this method of limiting shotguns. I just finished forma'ing the stupid thing, too. The same thing happened after I got acrid. My flux is also idling in the dumpster. So much wasted time and forma...

Well that was bound to happen sooner or later. But that makes me think an event is comming for the next overpowered gun to be won.

It's a special event weapon, it has all the rights to be OP.

Actualy... it's not. The Prova Vandal and Machete Wraith were the event exclusive weapons you could win. Event exclusives are always marked by these two titles to different them from the regular versions.

You didn't expect them to make two brand new weapons and keep them event exclusive like that? That would have been waste of resources and creation time on their part.

The Brakk was simply an additional reward that allowed you to use and test a weapon that was meant to be released later before everyone else AND with a catalyst allready installed (and free slot).

It was simply a promotion and test run for this weapon.

Edited by Othergrunty

It's not dead, but it definately got Riplined out of it's throne. The damage fall off is what's going to make most people just not use it anymore, that was the one thing that it had going for itself, I guess it's time to move to the Bronco Prime, kind of sad I put 3 Forma's into the Brakk, but meh.

Edited by N7Arthur

The Brakk was simply an additional reward that allowed you to use and test a weapon that was meant to be released later before everyone else AND with a catalyst allready installed (and free slot).

It was simply a promotion and test run for this weapon.

Sounds pretty odd.

Well-deserved IMO, for the same reason Acrid deserved a good nerf.

Yeah, let's also nerf Synapse and Soma to beyond useless.

I'll live. Damage falloff seems unnecessary, and I'm not sure why they oriented it toward impact when the Broncos are already impact. Bronco Prime is lookin pretty good again right about now.

Wait until the Corpus handcannon is being released. That might take another 2 months until it's nerfed ha.

Edited by Othergrunty

I don't care about the shifting of the damage types. That's fine.

The falloff? I hate the falloff.

Damage falloff is literally the worst thing that happened to shotguns. What should be done IMO, is tweaks to their spread that make them less effective. Not turning your bullets into MARSHMALLOWS at ranges further than arm's length. Before damage falloff was introduced to ANY of the shotguns IIRC they were actually somewhat realistic.

It just restricts styles of play. Welcome to round 2 of the Shotgun OP debate. Adding damage fall-off to weapons doesn't Nerf the amount of damage they. All it does is force players to fight at a specified distance. Just like the how the Hex used to be a Sniper Shotgun because of its tight shot grouping until DE decided the fix was Shotgun Falloff. The result was moving shotguns in close. Meaning that any shotgun that didn't shoot fast (Hek) was considered inferior because it had less time to deal its damage.

Everyone QQ over the Brakk should been QQ a Nerf for the weapon, the Brakk had at least a 25% damage reduction coming at the MINIUME of reasonable balance. Instead ye'll should be QQ that DE brought back out the Fall-Off stick and is now going to likely be beating other hand shotguns with it. The Detron will likely come with a fall-off built in now and the Broncos will be soon to follow.

Cry because DE chose play style restriction over what was bluntly a damage output fix issue.

*edit*

Did the 100+ mission, have a Brakk, its got a Potoato and Forma in it.

Edited by Brasten

You're all delusional if you think that the Brakk was supposed to be immune to nerfs. There's this strange concept called "balance", and it's the developers job to make sure that the balance of the game stays in-tact. As with everything overpowered, you need to realize first thing that if DE isn't completely incompetent, it's going to get nerfed eventually. This was the case with the Quick Thinking + Rage combo, and now it's the Brakk.

If you get Quick Thinking + Rage and spend the credits to max them out, if you get the Brakk and use forma to max it out, you don't suddenly become entitled to the evasion of balance nerfs. Yeah, using forma on a weapon only to have it nerfed later sucks, but that's just the way these things work. You need to get used to it because it's always going to be this way.

I don't care about the shifting of the damage types. That's fine.

The falloff? I hate the falloff.

Damage falloff is literally the worst thing that happened to shotguns. What should be done IMO, is tweaks to their spread that make them less effective. Not turning your bullets into MARSHMALLOWS at ranges further than arm's length. Before damage falloff was introduced to ANY of the shotguns IIRC they were actually somewhat realistic.

This.