Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does De Want Any Endgame At All?

Volux

I see that they constantly nerf weapons

Yeah, it's not like the Torid or Ignis were ever made competent.

Also, sick and tired of everyone using the word "nerf." "Nerfing" implies making the weapon unusable, in which case DE has actually done the exact opposite of that I've been corrected, so apparently nerfing only means making something weaker as opposed to being made obsolete. Still, I dislike thw rod, and would much prefer the word 'balanced' instead--Damage 2.0 has made a lot of useless weapons really quite usable.

Additionally, keep in mind that weapons are always being tweaked a bit to try and achieve a good balance. Try, fail and try again.

Also there's plenty of Endgame... like the following:

- Survive to 100 minutes and gain fame and glory

- Make it to Defense 100 and join the group of elites who have done the same

- See just how much single shot damage you can get with a Vectis

- Become a platinum mogul by collecting rare mods and hoarding all the platinum from trades

- Waiting for the next major update

- Forums

Chatframe

Lots of endgame in Warframe.

Edited by Letter13

Also, sick and tired of everyone using the word "nerf." "Nerfing" implies making the weapon unusable, in which case DE has actually done the exact opposite of that--Damage 2.0 has made a lot of useless weapons really quite usable.

- Become a platinum mogul by collecting rare mods and hoarding all the platinum from trades

- Forums

You forgot the best of them all, Chatframe.

Also, sick and tired of everyone using the word "nerf." "Nerfing" implies making the weapon unusable, in which case DE has actually done the exact opposite of that--Damage 2.0 has made a lot of useless weapons really quite usable.

- Forums

No, that is not what nerf means. Nerf means making something weaker while Buff is making something stronger. Brakk got nerfed. Torid and Acrid got indirectly nerfed due to damage 2.0 while Synapse and Lanka got indirectly buffed.

You can't change the definition of words, friend.

- Survive to 100 minutes and gain fame and glory  <--- yea... but before u can do it u have to forma a weapon 3 to 6 times to be able to kill something. and when u got a nice and good gun with a great mod setup it gets nerfed.

- Make it to Defense 100 and join the group of elites who have done the same  <-- see above

- See just how much single shot damage you can get with a Vectis <-- yea forma it multiple times. be happy. nerf hammer will be dropped. cry. good endgame

- Become a platinum mogul by collecting rare mods and hoarding all the platinum from trades <--- u cant be serious

- Waiting for the next major update  <-- wow much endgame. much skill. so lol

- Forums  <------ wat? u serious?

Edited by HansVanHugendong

- Forums

Rly?Yea maybe thats a solution but i think the community wahts something more(i want something more).What more? dunno im leaving this for devs its their job to make the game better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf_(video_gaming)

In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the desirability or effectiveness of a particular game element. The term is also used as a verb for the act of making such a change. The opposite of nerf is buff.

Well, I definitely see Torid, Acrid or Brakk less desirable and effective, so, yeah, I think you can sey they went under The Nerfhammer.

Edited by Angius

Other than playing pokemon (gotta grind em all)? I see that they constantly nerf weapons to try to make enemies harder. Do they have any clue how to make interesting battles or are they all out of ideas?

Hey! Is that Mat and Pat with Woolie chasing the design documents back there?

HansVanHugendong; He is being ironic. Though ironic shilling is still shilling.

well well guess i just wait for the next bigger update like 11.5 or 12.0

main feature: added more bugs without fixing previous ones.

seriously.. DE should really take a 1 or 2 week break from future stuff like title sets and new frames. and FOCUS on the actual game and its issues. specially dmg 2.0 and the problems it brought

Edited by HansVanHugendong

Also, sick and tired of everyone using the word "nerf." "Nerfing" implies making the weapon unusable, in which case DE has actually done the exact opposite of that I've been corrected, so apparently nerfing only means making something weaker as opposed to being made obsolete. Still, I dislike thw rod, and would much prefer the word 'balanced' instead--Damage 2.0 has made a lot of useless weapons really quite usable.

Additionally, keep in mind that weapons are always being tweaked a bit to try and achieve a good balance. Try, fail and try again.

- Forums

There's only one thing i have to point out for now.

Brakk.

It was good, now it is NERFED. There is no endgame in Warframe, Orokin Void is not endgame, grinding is not endgame.

Conclave is certainly not endgame either. But carry on putting out your commod skills to the job, we sure do appreciate opinionated, rubber-banded applies of rules when felt necessary, or just moderated out because why the hell not.

DE does not want endgame. DE wants to keep this bubble up as long as they can. Minimum Viable Product and all that jazz.

-100 minute survival:

Oh boy, i can't wait for all the Volt parts, the credit caches and the long GRIND time. No thank you.

-Defense 100

Again, no. Grinding is not content, or fun. Fame and glory wears thin when the only thing to do is pretend.

-Single shot vectis

If primed Chamber was released, maybe. Then again, it's still pretend.

-Trading

This is not content, i got loads of platinum from trading, but i feel empty and do not want to waste any of it due to nothing worthwile.

-Waiting for the next update

Yes, like this is something to do IN GAME. Chatframe it is, but that's not real playtime.

-Forums

If i had an inclination to talk to the design council folk who are mostly stuck up 12-16 year olds with original donut steel ideas, i would. I'd rather talk with my guild in an irc client that uses Warframe's clan channel.

Edited by Sakatox

Weapons affected by damage 2.0 should not be considered to be buffed/nerfed to their damage 1.0 counterparts. It's that their standards have changed. Every value surrounding the weapon but not tied to the weapon has changed. So if you were comparing the damage 1.0 weapons to damage 2.0 weapons, you're comparing different weapons in drastically different situations.

Brakk needed to be watered down. It got insane, really, can you justify the tremendous amount of damage it was doing to ALL FACTIONS? And if the bp for the weapon did get released, the brakk would be everywhere, making enemies nonexistent.

You must love your role as community mod.

I won't lie, it can be amusing at times... Even if I wasn't a commod I'd have still said the same thing. I've obtained pretty much most of (if not all) the weapons that interest me, and when I don't feel like playing I head to the forums.

- Forums

yknow commods are allowed to criticize the game too

- Forums

Wow your in a CM position and post this. 

Everyone is complaining about endgame...but no one has an idea how it should be.

Suggest something and DE will read it.

Like they listen to most people here, or in game? Or anywhere?

Let me tell you this straight. They tell you to post suggestions, they might read it, but "you are not game developers, designers, you didn't make that revolutionary success Star Trek game, you don't know anything".

They listen, they filter it, and process it as they want to hear it.

I still think one of their worst ideas was adding falloff damage to weapons in general. That's why shotguns are now permanently classified as joke weapons and that's what's going to place the Brakk in with their mediocrity. It just seems shortsighted to only "balance" (read: nerf) the flavor-of-the-month weapons instead of actually working on buffing the other endgame options to their level.

I'll bet all my plat that the powercreep will continue and the next "acrid-tier" weapon will leave the current endgame options in the dust. (Until DE nerfs the hell out of that too.)

- Forums

Did you really a community moderator or just pretending? If second, you doing it wrong.

Edited by iWitcher