Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does De Want Any Endgame At All?

Volux

Do you people even know what endgame do you want or are you just jumping on bandwagon?

I didnt see even one credible idea for endgame content from posters here. Mostly you are bashing Letter because he "must" defend DE. Tho, he didnt help himself either with that post ( thinking that people would get his part-sarcasm ).

Thread is derailed, nobody is giving any ideas. You guys are just demanding something that you dont even know what it should be.

There is an incredible amount of suggestions, ideas and concepts burried so deep in the forum nobody cares reposting anymore.

Edited by KONAir

There is an incredible amount of suggestions, ideas and concepts burried so deep in the forum nobody cares reposting anymore.

i read those ideas. you mean as an example, "cells-this is warframe endgame"?

yeah, i didn´t like that.

suggestions are just that, suggestions. it doesn´t mean they are good.

Do you people even know what endgame do you want or are you just jumping on bandwagon?

I didnt see even one credible idea for endgame content from posters here. Mostly you are bashing Letter because he "must" defend DE. Tho, he didnt help himself either with that post ( thinking that people would get his part-sarcasm ).

Thread is derailed, nobody is giving any ideas. You guys are just demanding something that you dont even know what it should be.

Personally I think open-world games have the best approach to endgame. They give you a main mission chain to follow and occasionally branching missions but  the goal is in the hands of the player the whole time. There's enough freedom that the player can have a good time doing nothing at all.

My idea for endgame would be in two parts. First the mission and map generation system should be improved, and raiding should be returned.. Then "endgame" multi-stage missions that everyone talks about should take place across the whole star chart on random locations. You have no way of knowing what location is needed unless you pay a corpus information broker, find clues through raiding, or otherwise. Then killing bosses or capturing targets can be a setup to other missions.

Edited by sewens

i read those ideas. you mean as an example, "cells-this is warframe endgame"?

yeah, i didn´t like that.

suggestions are just that, suggestions. it doesn´t mean they are good.

Because what you like or not is the single most important criteria...

You liking them or not does not change the fact there are tons of good ones, a lot deserving going over at least once and even more that would work as a part of something else.

expect people saying "why is hek so weak? vay hek? more like nerf hek, imright?"

after they beat him with supercharged somas.

It is not meant to be endgame, or hard. It is friggin Earth for crying out loud. It is supposed to be easy.

edit: I thought we explained this when we said Zanuka is supposed to be easy because he is on Jupiter.

Edited by Arlayn

Other than playing pokemon (gotta grind em all)? I see that they constantly nerf weapons to try to make enemies harder. Do they have any clue how to make interesting battles or are they all out of ideas?

Hopefully not, as end game is dull and pointless in a game with frequent new content releases. Better to concentrate on keeping the game fun with short missions.

Edited by Silvershadow66

Hopefully not, as end game is dull and pointless in a game with frequent new content releases. Better to concentrate on keeping the game fun with short missions.

Don't think you quite get what I mean by endgame. I'm asking for fun team based difficult gameplay. I don't mean difficult cause the enemies are bullet sponges, which is pretty much what is happening as DE nerfs every weapon's damage. Same goes for invulnerability phases where you do nothing but stand around staring at the boss. This is not fun.

I believe ODA was a step in the right direction, but the difficulty of it is trivialized by certain powers. Also the new Stalker is a step in the right direction. He is a bit insane at times, but the concept of debuffing can be implemented in boss/mission battles, same goes for his 1 hit kills if you don't get out of the way of his slashdash. There could be invulnerability phases that pertain to a 2x boss proximity to each other, meaning you'd need to kite. Timers for various phases, places you have to stand to avoid damage, etc. Possibly just making the exact same boss/mission, but 3 different difficulties so that each difficulty ups damage and certain mods/weapons/frames that will be needed to complete the mission. This will allow those who are casuals to experience the same gameplay. I could go on and on with suggestions, but I don't know if they are even remotely interested. It wouldn't be hard for them to release some scripted events. They actually already have everything in place.

The only difference between this game and an MMO is its instanced 4 player game with a closer camera. There's still stats, there's still levels, you're still playing in third person.

Edited by Volux

- Survive to 100 minutes and gain fame and glory

- Make it to Defense 100 and join the group of elites who have done the same

Lots of endgame in Warframe.

endgame defense: <10fps 

i1985bpuxvh.jpg

how is this endgame? its a fps-drop fest

Edited by buriburi

I don't know what people mean by end game.  Does anyone have any examples of games that have this?

Depending on who you talk to theres three definitions you will get

1. The content that you have to finish a significant portion of the game to prepare for.

2. The content that is more enjoyable near the finishing of the game.

3. The content at the very end of the game.

EXAMPLES: This is the comparison most players use that relates to the first definition. In modern MMORPG's you have "raids" where large groups of people have to fight a common enemy who has the advantage. Here's

and here is one
Edited by sewens

How much entertainment is a single game supposed to provide? How many hours of continuous gameplay should a FREE game entitle someone to? 

I don't understand the complaints. Games with fun gameplay (like Warframe) are entertaining regardless of the power level. I spent hours playing Golden Eye on the N64 because it was fun. When we were bored, we played something else. 

Do the same here. Play the game when you want, try different combinations, run through random boss fights and systems. Get all the weapons, and force yourself to use all of them. Join a clan and help out the new guys. Join a clan and kill stuff with friends. Introduce friends, and play together.

Other than playing pokemon (gotta grind em all)? I see that they constantly nerf weapons to try to make enemies harder. Do they have any clue how to make interesting battles or are they all out of ideas?

They don't have a damn clue on how to make a game that isn't grind central it seems, much as it pains me to say. They make a powerful weapon, release it for a crazy amount of plat, wait, make a new weapon, balance/nerf the old one so as not to compete with the new shiny, on and on, etc.

My point in regards to the Brakk is that it was given as a special prize if you will for the last event, it's suppose to be special, more advanced better than etc what's the point of having a special weapon if it isn't better. Then after all the work and play they nerf it, seems quite unfair to me, though I knew this was coming as soon as I saw some people who didn't get the Brakk wiening about how op it was.

How much entertainment is a single game supposed to provide? How many hours of continuous gameplay should a FREE game entitle someone to? 

I don't understand the complaints. Games with fun gameplay (like Warframe) are entertaining regardless of the power level. I spent hours playing Golden Eye on the N64 because it was fun. When we were bored, we played something else. 

Do the same here. Play the game when you want, try different combinations, run through random boss fights and systems. Get all the weapons, and force yourself to use all of them. Join a clan and help out the new guys. Join a clan and kill stuff with friends. Introduce friends, and play together.

This. I think its less entitlement and more of the players going past their boundaries. The devs became open to suggestion and the players took it way too far. Now everyone has their idea for a radical rework and no one really agrees or thinks their suggestions through in the context (Even I've been guilty of this). All the while DE is afraid of another incident like the founder who was asking for a refund and has to control the flak.

My point in regards to the Brakk is that it was given as a special prize if you will for the last event, it's suppose to be special, more advanced better than etc what's the point of having a special weapon if it isn't better. Then after all the work and play they nerf it, seems quite unfair to me, though I knew this was coming as soon as I saw some people who didn't get the Brakk wiening about how op it was.

The weapons forum is this way ---->

Alright. I've read through every post. I guess it's time for me to chirp in. I recently joined warframe, mind you. I do enjoy the content immensely. I see the "endgame" currently.

I also see some really good ideas.

I liked the user idea of a harder planetoids starting at much higher enemy levels.

What if, on those planets there are "enrage" moments within the defense and survival mission, spawning in a boss within the wave (as in defense missions) that you also have to kill along side a huge force of enemies.

Another idea, faction switch trigger (defense or even survival) , to where all of a sudden it switches from Corpus to Infested to Grinner or vise versa. It would increase difficulty because of specific load outs becoming harder to equip for, bring more diversity to gear load outs.

My ideas aren't perfect. I don't post much on forums since I like to sit and listen. I don't think of forums as in game content. More of a social aspect of the game. Much like a pot of information and some what arbitrary chatting system.

You can make these end game grinds have various rewards not obtainable in any other way. Not even the cash shop. The limitations of these items are up to the DE's imagination.

I've reached endgame of many different names of games. All games have a wall. Once you hit the best of the best there isn't much to do besides wait for more.

Personally I would like to see more staff interaction amongst the main issues of the game and player base. I do not have access to the founder's program content so I don't know what goes on in that hidden forum.

I know many of you are upset, I am not perfect I just want to voice my two cents. What I've seen there is some issues with the front end and tail end of the game, but I expect it from a beta

We also cannot use beta as a crutch for persistent overlooked important issues.

I want to thank everyone for posting in this discussion, even if my ideas are not even considered or even glanced at, I can only hope for main issues to be addressed and I want to thank you, the community, for your valuable input.

~NeoBlackstar

May you all find the light or darkness you seek.

Warframe has never had, and frankly I doubt ever will have endgame.

A looooong time ago they told us all they didn't want grinding to be the only thing to do in warframe.

Since then they have increased the grind exponentially and only added more grinding.

The endgame is finally getting fed up with leveling up and tricking out weapons only to have them nerfed and leaving you questioning why you should even bother to repeate the process of loving and getting to know a weapon before they just shatter it to being a fraction of what it was and uninstall forever.

Endu gamu.... grindu grindu.

And again the solution would be so easy. Games from other genres already do this... Think D2 or PoE

Think of fully automated seasonal ladder events that give you score points to get special wraith, vandal and prime items for participating, rewards being better depending on how much better you perform/how much you participate.

Ladders based off of those or similar systems make even the grindiest games more appealing because you have a friendly competition for top slot rewards and don't just farm away without a purpose.

Edited by Shehriazad

Because what you like or not is the single most important criteria...

You liking them or not does not change the fact there are tons of good ones, a lot deserving going over at least once and even more that would work as a part of something else.

i know that, but it´s a double edged sword. you like them, i don´t like them.

thats all im saying. im just waiting for a better suggestion that those, because im not interested in those.

It is not meant to be endgame, or hard. It is friggin Earth for crying out loud. It is supposed to be easy.

edit: I thought we explained this when we said Zanuka is supposed to be easy because he is on Jupiter.

ehm, i know. that´s exactly what im saying.