Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does De Want Any Endgame At All?

Volux

yknow commods are allowed to criticize the game too

I criticize the game too. I've voiced my opinions many times in various places on the forums what I think is wrong with the game.

When it comes down to it though, the majority of "End Game" stuff in nearly any and every game is a form of grind or some artifice that the players make. The same could be said of Warframe.

Brakk needed to be watered down. It got insane, really, can you justify the tremendous amount of damage it was doing to ALL FACTIONS? And if the bp for the weapon did get released, the brakk would be everywhere, making enemies nonexistent.

I'm not looking forwards any events anymore for both of those reasons. Brakk having no falloff was the only unique thing about it. And if those weapons are going to be available anyway why on Earth would anyone bother with events at all?

Edited by KONAir

Yeah, it's not like the Torid or Ignis were ever made competent.

Also, sick and tired of everyone using the word "nerf." "Nerfing" implies making the weapon unusable, in which case DE has actually done the exact opposite of that I've been corrected, so apparently nerfing only means making something weaker as opposed to being made obsolete. Still, I dislike thw rod, and would much prefer the word 'balanced' instead--Damage 2.0 has made a lot of useless weapons really quite usable.

Additionally, keep in mind that weapons are always being tweaked a bit to try and achieve a good balance. Try, fail and try again.

Also there's plenty of Endgame... like the following:

- Survive to 100 minutes and gain fame and glory

- Make it to Defense 100 and join the group of elites who have done the same

- See just how much single shot damage you can get with a Vectis

- Become a platinum mogul by collecting rare mods and hoarding all the platinum from trades

- Waiting for the next major update

- Forums

Lots of endgame in Warframe.

You really need to look up the definition of endgame for mmo's it seems

You really need to look up the definition of endgame for mmo's it seems

Pretty much every endgame MMO I've ever seen or played had the following endgame:

- Grind for the most powerful equipment

- Grinding to be the best in PVP

- Grinding to make absurd amounts of in game currency

- Managing a clan or guild

- Waiting for the next expansion to raise the level cap and release new dungeons and gear to (surprise!) grind for

- Forums

A lot of these things sound eerily like things I listed earlier.

I criticize the game too. I've voiced my opinions many times in various places on the forums what I think is wrong with the game.

When it comes down to it though, the majority of "End Game" stuff in nearly any and every game is a form of grind or some artifice that the players make. The same could be said of Warframe.

Talking to you is very entertaining, like talking to a brick wall. You only voice minorly negatives, and claim you do a service with that.

Why did Ced23Ric step down? Oh yes, because they did not listen to actual worthwile feedback.

You shall not step down as you came after Ced, and you are conditioned to follow the commod duties very well.

Other games that have endgame are viable, grinding only to a sensible level and have something to work towards. Pretend is not content, grind is not content and forums is definitely NOT content.

No, i do not dismiss your claims as entirely made up and pretend, but you lose merit when you post about pretend being the next revolutionary thing to do.

<snippity snip>

No, i do not dismiss your claims as entirely made up and pretend, but you lose merit when you post about pretend being the next revolutionary thing to do.

I'm hoping he is getting paid in real monies for all his efforts.

I'm hoping he is getting paid in real monies for all his efforts.

Well, according to him, talking to the commods, design council and him in particular is content, so i'm guessing yeah. I guess fame and glory is enough payment. Anyway, sssh.. Shhhh..... or we'll get the thread locked, some of us modded for make-believe reasons that get "hotfixed" with an announcement of CHANGING the rules.

Again, to be on topic:

The forums are not endgame, Letter13 is not endgame.

Talking to you is very entertaining, like talking to a brick wall. You only voice minorly negatives, and claim you do a service with that.

Why did Ced23Ric step down? Oh yes, because they did not listen to actual worthwile feedback.

You shall not step down as you came after Ced, and you are conditioned to follow the commod duties very well.

Let's keep this about endgame please, and not about what previous community moderators may or may not have done. :)

Other games that have endgame are viable, grinding only to a sensible level and have something to work towards. Pretend is not content, grind is not content and forums is definitely NOT content.

When it comes to Warframe the only insensible amount of grinding I have to do is for Orokin Cells. Though from what a lot of people have said there's a good chance that I've been lucky in my hunts for items and things.

It doesn't change the fact that the majority of endgame "content" in many other games is in fact, as you put it, pretend. Once you play through all of the content a game has to offer, there won't miraculously be more content beyond that until the developers release it.

It's also a game of priorities... If DE focuses exclusively on putting out new content (maps, enemies, missions, etc) then there's going to be a lack of changes (many of which are sorely needed) to earlier content in the game... like addressing the tutorial or difficulty for newer players, et cetera.

I would like to see DE release more "endgame" content for higher level and long time players, but at the same time I want them to fix a lot of the existing problems that dissuade newer and less experienced players.

p.s. we community moderators are volunteers in this position, we are not employed or paid by DE

Pretty much every endgame MMO I've ever seen or played had the following endgame:

- Waiting for the next expansion to raise the level cap and release new dungeons and gear to (surprise!) grind for

- Forums

Yeah, no.

You can't even begin to compare the endgame bosses from a typical mmo to grinding the EXACT SAME thing you used to kill like 5 minutes after you entered the game.

Grinding to be the best in pvp is different than shooting the same mob with an AI so backwards that it makes the goombas in mario seem masterfully programed and that you also shot 5 minutes after you first finished installing the game.Also this game is clearly NOT made for pvp and it's mostly a side feature ala pokemon non combat pet battles in wow.

Waiting for the next blah-di-blah-di-blah.Ok yeah.Can't wait for that to-WHOOPS, DE launched another low level tile set with one-shotable mobs.Great job you guys.Didn't really have enough places to level my warframe but you saved the day as usual.

Grinding to obtain currency-You don't need to since currency is so WORTHLESS in this game it's almost impossible to be "poor" once you reach the current "endgame" aka maxing out serration for most people.

Managing a clan or guild-For what?The events that require you to do the EXACT same mission 50 000 times in a row?Because that's pretty much it.

Huh End game?? what endgame? This is similar like playing D3 grinding with much less loots, similar enemy type everywhere, annoying hitscan enemy that cannot be dodge.

And NO! forum is not endgame, wth? since when forum is an endgame?

snip

yet, people still play it, and will keep playing it. DE really needs to improve the game, but when people say how this game sucks, it´s boring to play, and that they are burned out, they lose credibility when they keep playing and keep giving feedback on the forums.

edit: also, diredted to everyone, people first complained about DE not fixing old stuff, now they complain about them not adding new content. people, come on, give them a break for a minute. can´t do everything at the same time.

Edited by lautalocos

"MMO Endgame" has not, and will not work in warframe. MMO Mechanics will not work in warframe either. Warframe is not a MMO/MMORPG, but a third-person shooter with RPG mechanics. It's closer to a singleplayer console game than a MMO/MMORPG.

The problem is that warframe is a linear co-op TPS. If you want to move forward in the game you have no choice but to get mods,resources, guns, and frames. The game is constantly reminding you of this and there's nothing else to do besides this in the long run. The maps are linear, empty, and are constantly rushing you to the end. Once you have everything you want there's nothing really "new" and you can only play more linear missions or talk to players.

Edited by sewens

Let's see WoW endgame. Raids. With big parties. Worthwile sets to grind out, even if looking horribly badly designed.
Guild Wars had uw armor, then DoA(though screw that noise.). They had content accompanied with their grind. Warframe does not.

I am not going to be an apologist to DE purely because i play their game, or if i were a commod. I would be even more fervent and vocal about what to do already. They got bigger, Scott's own words - he told me in a pm. When i complained before Alad V came out. I actually try to talk to DE staff when there's a chance, i'm not sure you do on the other. Pardon me, you do, but it's coordinated damage control.
They can work on more things now. It's not about how much time is needed, it's about how bad those decisions are most of the time.

They work on the wrong things, put the OBEX out of all things in the game. Grind is not content, and even after 11 updates, DE still does not understand.

I would like Endgame be addressed properly, tutorial addressed properly and everything should get the proper, good, normal treatment.
Design documents. Held rules. minimum level of pleasedness - NOT NERFING THE BRAKK, for example.

Just... no.

EDIT: Now it gets restored. Where is the image i posted? Orwellian tactics. There's history, and i'm going to save my posts from now on. Consider it a warning, Letter13.

Edited by Sakatox

- Forums

1. yeah Grind for the most powerful weapon - yeah more farming (hate farming) then wait til next day people will complain that its OP needs a NERF......so the day of hot fix gets BAD NERF.....

2. PVP is S#&amp;&#036; get rid of it wasting data for the game when its supposed to be PVE.....

3. Already been slightly NERFED if you hadn't notice and feels more in the FARMING area

4. no comment

5. EXPANSION FOR NEW LEVEL CAP AND MORE MOD SLOTS IS NEED AND SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED.....

6. Forums : NERF ADDICTION <====sorry but its true

- Forums

Except there is a problem with the end game of reaching wave 200 or lasting 200 min. That is you go untill your game lags to death then can not go any further.

Also why not just allow us to set the enemy cap to level 200 starting out? Or heck they should just make a planet that is dedicated to end game, starting enemies at level 250, and having a defense and survival of all factions on it.

Yeah, it's not like the Torid or Ignis were ever made competent.

Also, sick and tired of everyone using the word "nerf." "Nerfing" implies making the weapon unusable, in which case DE has actually done the exact opposite of that I've been corrected, so apparently nerfing only means making something weaker as opposed to being made obsolete. Still, I dislike thw rod, and would much prefer the word 'balanced' instead--Damage 2.0 has made a lot of useless weapons really quite usable.

Additionally, keep in mind that weapons are always being tweaked a bit to try and achieve a good balance. Try, fail and try again.

Also there's plenty of Endgame... like the following:

- Survive to 100 minutes and gain fame and glory

- Make it to Defense 100 and join the group of elites who have done the same

- See just how much single shot damage you can get with a Vectis

- Become a platinum mogul by collecting rare mods and hoarding all the platinum from trades

- Waiting for the next major update

- Forums

Lots of endgame in Warframe.

Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.

Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.

There is some sarcasm in it, yes. Some forum goers don't seem to have picked it up.

There is a problem of little endgame content, but when you play a game to "completion" (250+ hours and/or you got most of the currently best things) there's an endgame issue with nearly every other game too.

I would like to see some endgame-focused content, maybe a custom 'battleground' planet or location that incorporates some of MindlessWar's ideas just above. but at the same time I don't want DE to only focus on endgame and not fix many issues that exist in earlier facets of the game that may dissuade newer players.

There is some sarcasm in it, yes. Some forum goers don't seem to have picked it up.

There is a problem of little endgame content, but when you play a game to "completion" (250+ hours and/or you got most of the currently best things) there's an endgame issue with nearly every other game too.

I would like to see some endgame-focused content, maybe a custom 'battleground' planet or location that incorporates some of MindlessWar's ideas just above. but at the same time I don't want DE to only focus on endgame and not fix many issues that exist in earlier facets of the game that may dissuade newer players.

Ok it makes sense, I can agree with that.  I think some folks are also mistaking end game with story line objective plot points also.  Hopefully at some point youtube is not the place to see warframe custcenes and we can get them in game.

They have to build everything in-between first so the game is more interesting to noobs, before they cater to you end game crazy people. The Jungle tileset is just another step to that. Since everyone is tired of seeing the same tilesets over, and over. Its about time they did something to up the game. Plus Hek is getting an update so that is quite welcome.

They have to build everything in-between first so the game is more interesting to noobs, before they cater to you end game crazy people. The Jungle tileset is just another step to that. Since everyone is tired of seeing the same tilesets over, and over. Its about time they did something to up the game. Plus Hek is getting an update so that is quite welcome.

expect people saying "why is hek so weak? vay hek? more like nerf hek, imright?"

after they beat him with supercharged somas.

Fair enough. The "Endgame" problem could be easy enough for DE to fix because of their flexible level generation system but there is a lot that the game is still missing or lacking in.

Do you people even know what endgame do you want or are you just jumping on bandwagon?

I didnt see even one credible idea for endgame content from posters here. Mostly you are bashing Letter because he "must" defend DE. Tho, he didnt help himself either with that post ( thinking that people would get his part-sarcasm ).

Thread is derailed, nobody is giving any ideas. You guys are just demanding something that you dont even know what it should be.

Edited by RoboDog

Do you people even know what endgame do you want or are you just jumping on bandwagon?

I didnt see even one credible idea for endgame content from posters here. Mostly you are bashing Letter because he "must" defend DE. Tho, he didnt help himself either with that post ( thinking that people would get his part-sarcasm ).

Thread is derailed, nobody is giving any ideas. You guys are just demanding something that you dont even know what it should be.

Well, that how things tend to go around here. People whine about a problem and jump on the bandwagon, but rarely ever actually post ideas of how to fix said problem. *shrugs* Welcome to every video game forum ever.