Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tigris Needs To Be Fixed!

TheMandarin

hey players

currently i believe the tigris is the worst shotgun in the game, not because this gun doesn't do enough damage, but because it is terrible at doing what it suppose to do. as we all know, the tigris does the most slash damage compare to other shotguns, we also know that slash damage is good against the infested, and we also know that the infested usually swarm us. so here is the problem, the tigris only has one round of bullets, although, the player can choose to hold the trigger longer and fire these two shots separately, the gun still needs to be reloaded immediately, unfortunately, the reload speed of this gun is far from fast enough when we have to fight several infested at the same time, therefore, we are forced to draw out our melee weapons in order to deal with group of infested. basically, we have to stop using the gun once we fire two rounds. as a result, we ended up using our side arm or melee weapon way more often than our primary weapon whenever we take the tigris with us. 

so my suggestions are:

1. increase the damage of this gun, and decrease the reload speed.

2. or make it a anti-corpus or anti-grineer weapon, since most of the time, the corpus and grineers don't swarm us.

thanks for reading

Can we try and consolidate these suggestion threads? There is already so many of these it's rather redundant... It also takes away the volume of some of the already well established threads that have many views and discussions going.

Edited by Loubbo

there nothing wrong with the tigris.

Except for everything about the Tigris

For an 'anti-Infested' shotgun, the best way you can probably use it is to drop a pesky Ancient that got too close, while relying on your secondary to deal with the crowds. This thing definitely needs a look at.

yah I like the gun and it has an interesting concept with the holding mouse click and stuff but it can't handle swarms and it is intended for infested soo yah it sucks, I mean you can shot, run/reload, turn, shot, and repeat but it is easier just to pull out your secondary or melee to wipe them out.

I haven't used it extensively so I won't comment yay or nay on buf%&^e, but it seems like people are very quick to toss out unusual weapons without trying to mod them.

@ OP for example:

Put a puncture mod on it and fire it down the hall full of infested. Two shots is now plenty.

Edited by VKhaun

I haven't used it extensively so I won't comment yay or nay on buf%&^e, but it seems like people are very quick to toss out unusual weapons without trying to mod them.

@ OP for example:

Put a puncture mod on it and fire it down the hall full of infested. Two shots is now plenty.

I've got it to rank 20, with a potato. 

It's really subpar compared to other shotguns.  

No amount of puncture is going to save it.... 

I can 1 shot ancients , just did a survival for 25 min against infested, and did a survival against grineer for 35 min. I did this solo with tigris.

...Which just proves our point. You can kill Ancients in one shot. That's great, until you realize that you only have one more left, and there's nineteen chargers dead set on introducing your anus to their claws. One shot isn't going to be enough, even if you can one shot them. The fire rate and reload time is too slow to be an anti infested weapon.

The mechanics of the gun make it best suited as an anti-Grineer or possibly an anti-Corpus weapon, but the damage is completely wrong. The Tigris needs to do some hefty Impact or Puncture damage, not Slash damage, for it to be a decent counter to Corpus or Grineer respectively.

With regards to Infested, it's a very situational weapon: It's only truly effective when employed against Ancients. That being said, you're either going to be relying on your Secondary to effectively deal with the rest of the crowd or doing a lot of back pedaling...

The problem with this shotguns specializing against Infested is that it cannot do it's job without the punch through mod, Seeking Force.

Keep in mind that Seeking Force isn't a mod you acquire off the bat. Not only this, but costing 15 points, you won't be able to use it for at least 8 levels (potatoe equipped).

Without a wide spread + more pellets, it truly is better suited to killing corpus and grineer, as their units are slower moving, as well as larger targets.

I love the Tigris. I really do. But a Duplex Auto Trigger, 1.8 second reload, tight spread, and low pellet count don't make it a decent Infestation-killer.

Using Tigris to fight Infested is like using a machete to cut hair. It does the job, but it's unwieldy and mistakes will happen.

The best shotgun in the game for Infested is Sobek(imo), even though the damage type doesn't match very well. The large magazine and fast fire rate means that you can clear out entire rooms without reloading or ending up in a Charger dog pile.

Tigris has the more effective damage type, but it's only really good for single targets, as others have said.

Off Topic(But not really): Damage 2.0 has made this game much better, but also much worse. The current system does not allow us to use the most comfortable tool for the job, based on our personal play styles. Many times I have found myself using a weapon that is extremely powerful against the enemies' weakness, but it doesn't match the enemy tactics and my efficiency suffers as a result.

Basically, don't paint us into a corner, DE.

Edited by DCypherThis13

Ideally, I'd like to see:

>Base damage of 150(x2)

--60 Puncture

--60 Slash

--30 Impact

>Base reload speed of 1.2 seconds

Still an infested killer, but equally as viable against the Grineer (as it should be as I feel they're the least "swarmy"). It is a beautiful weapon with a status chance that's to die for, but in it's current state it's just not built for the right faction, I mean it's a big game hunter built around a faction with surprisingly little big game.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

It has been suggested before. The tigris is decent for a single target, but considering it's role as a Double-barrel all-or-nothing solution against an encroaching hoard of infested, it needs more pellets and a bit more damage. It's accuracy if fine, but to handle lots of bodies coming towards you, more pellets are required to make up for the amount of targets.

Remember, this shotgun is essentially the 'bolt-action rifle' equivalent of the other shotguns. It needs damage and devastation to match it's reload speed. When I see this gun, I think of the good old Super Shotgun in Doom 2. I dream of a day when it performs this well.

With that slightly upped base damage and more pellets, we can do the rest with mods. At that point, anyone complaining about it's slash damage focus should just grab another shotguns. We have other damage types in our arsenal.

I disagree completely - I don't feel the Tigris really needs to be changed. The limited but powerful shots mean you absolutely must be accurate, and the nature of its preferred enemy means you must also be highly mobile. I find it highly enjoyable to use.

That said, I can't say I would complain were it to gain more damage or more pellets, but changing any other aspect of it would take something away from it's uniqueness - certainly I don't want it's damage type to change focus.

I like the idea of 60 punct/60 slash/30 impact, although I dont mind it being mostly slash (there are ways around this with elemental builds)

I do believe a buff to its base damage is a step in the right direction since it is essentially a boomstick it should really do the most damage out of all the SG's..

plus its a tenno thang

we should has best guns

Edited by Kaboinglefop

I would prefer if tigris keeps the high slash damage, because i really hate using shotguns for anything else other than infested, so when i saw tigris i saw something with potential that could combine greatly with fire, slash and faction specific mods.

It is a great ancient killing machine. slap a punch through and you will never be concerned about a charger getting in your way.

It is also a decent corpus dispacher if you have shield polarize

Reload speed could be reduced to a more painless level.

For me the weapon is great, but it sure takes time to get it right

Edited by KIREEKPSO