Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ign And Gamespot Reviews: Repetition, Grind, Over Priced Content

DeadlyPeanutt

Experienced players and WF Game Developers, 

I invite you to watch the reviews of IGN and GameSpot.  The important conclusions: Warframe's intense grind and over priced content dampen any value the game has.  Also, the game is much too repetitive.  

I've only played WF a bit and have found these reviews to be accurate.  I play F2P games such as War Thunder, TF2, Hawken and others... THOSE games I keep playing, because it's not difficult to buy new weapons and vehicles with FREE in game currency. The ironic thing is that I've spend between 10 and 50 dollars on each one of those F2P games purchasing equipment i love (several premium planes in WT for instance, and cool cosmetic effects for my mechs in Hawken). 

I submit that WF developers may be taking aim directly at their foot and blowing it off with an overpriced weapon.  

IF the reviews are accurate, and I feel they are, WF will become a ghost town except for a few players who purchase content.  Soon those diehard players will see the train leaving and follow other players to popular games such as War Thunder and Hawken.  F2P games that don't attract a lot of players and keep them interested die.  It's as simple as that. 

Keep in mind that WF is in beta and IF the developers listen, they COULD easily adjust the pricing model and allow players to earn in game credits to purchase suits and weapons more easily.  this would help immediately. Creating more variety and creating DeathMatch and Team Deathmatch with large groups of players would also help. 

I invite your comments. I'll also post this in the 'suggestions' area.

And yet, I love this game.

The grind and the repitition in any other game usually cause that game to bore me quite quickly.

But warframe, somehow, did the grind right.

I WANT to grind, and I never do in any other game.

Who cares if this is my 100th defense mission in a row, it's still fun.

Somehow.

The fact of the matter is, millions of people adore this supposed "dampened gameplay", so much so that many have payed incredible amounts of money to support it.

It may not be the right way, but it works.

Exactly, you played warframe a "Bit" just the the crap &#! journalists did. All you need to do for 80 percent of the weapons is get to saturn. You twats are so narrow minded about this game its getting depressing. Its a multiplayer co-op shooter thats main focus is high action gameplay, what the hell do you expect? A 70 hour engrossing storyline? Wait for mgs5 or the witcher 3 like the rest of us

And yet, I love this game.

The grind and the repitition in any other game usually cause that game to bore me quite quickly.

But warframe, somehow, did the grind right.

I WANT to grind, and I never do in any other game.

Who cares if this is my 100th defense mission in a row, it's still fun.

Somehow.

The fact of the matter is, millions of people adore this supposed "dampened gameplay", so much so that many have payed incredible amounts of money to support it.

It may not be the right way, but it works.

Agreed. I've played Aion, and that's probably the most grind-heavy game I've ever played. Somehow, I love grinding on Warframe. All of the missions are the same, but they all somehow feel different, too.

All of my friends claim that Warframe is the most boring game ever, but I don't see it. I've never played the same game for so long before deciding to move onto something else.

I think something should be said about the fact that I've never liked shooter-type games. I just couldn't stand them. I saw a video on Youtube featuring Warframe, and I liked the way I looked. I fully expected to hate the game halfway through my first mission, but something about it got me hooked. I've been here ever since.

I like the game enough to spend enough money to be a Grand Master, and I plan on supporting the game further (as long as my wallet allows.) I started back in June or July, and I have no intention of leaving yet.

they COULD easily adjust the pricing model and allow players to earn in game credits to purchase suits and weapons more easily.  this would help immediately. Creating more variety and creating DeathMatch and Team Deathmatch with large groups of players would also help. 

Another newbie who wants everything ingame under 1h playtime.
You dont have to pay a single dollar to get everything and Warframes are easily to obtain(max. 10 runs for all parts).
And NO FCKING PVP in Warframe.

They are not losing players.
They are getting more and more people and i'm pretty sure Warframe will become best f2p game 2014.

edit:quote fail.
Edited by Commander70

Rank 12. Can't remember any weapon or warframe which i purchased with platinum. Just because all they was crafted
For free

I can read and watch Gameinformer only, everything else just sucks.

Edited by Skynin

I don't think newer players realise how easy it is to make warframes and weapons with materials...

I feel you, I've registered here 8 months ago(I am a beta Tester) but didn't played it( got a ancient computer need to buy a new one), and now I am back and start building Rhino, now I am building the last part of the Rhino then after that by tomorrow I can build Rhino and freaking wait for 3 days or so..

I don't think newer players realise how easy it is to make warframes and weapons with materials...

Pretty much this.  Everything that is on the market apart from cosmetic items, the syandana's and color palettes, can be earned in game.  There is not one weapon or warframe on the market that can't be earned through just playing the game, and most of the time it isn't even that difficult to make.  

For example the new secondary they just released on the store, the Magnus.  I bought the blueprint from the market, with in game credits, the in game currency not platinum.  Because you can buy every blueprint on the store for credits not platinum.  I was able to build it right away because I already had all the materials for it.  I've been using it for a bit now and its actually pretty cool and its rank 30 already.

I'm guessing you saw the reviews on gamespot/ign and thought you would try it and didn't like it.  That's fine people are entitled to their opinions, but be prepared to be lynched on the games forums by people who do enjoy the game when you come in here bashing it and comparing it to other F2P games that you enjoy but really arent a very good comparison.

My advice, go back to playing those other games you do like.

You're on PC and complaining about the prices with the huge discounts that are offered there and not on ps4?

I've got about 40 hours in and I can see several hundred more. I have a nice variety of weapons and 2 warframe already and I haven't paid a penny for any of this. I plan to purchase a lot when some sort of Christmas or whatever sale is offered just to support the developers for such an addicting game.

I honestly don't think a review can be relevant until at least 20+ hours of gameplay is put in and once the bugs are fixed warframe will be huge on PS4

I'm actually enjoying all of these bad reviews for Warframe. It seems to be scaring away a lot of the more immature and impatient players. And the players that actually gave it a shot (because why not, it's free) seem to be better at functioning in a team and more intelligent (or, at least, have some perseverance and try to become a better player).

You may also notice that the people who seem to be the most vocal about the flaws of Warframe are still playing and/or have invested quite a bit of money in this game. If this was such a bad game then those players wouldn't have bothered to do either of those things.

This game is going in the right direction. And most of the things you brought up are old news.

Ah yes a steam graph, the ultimate tool in determining the health of a game.  You know regardless of what Gabe Newell and Valve will have you believe not everyone uses steam.  You can just download the game directly from this website and play it without using steam at all.  Crazy, right?

And for the record I actually do play the game through Steam

Its like any F2P or really any MMO out there, the subscriber/player base fluctuates and goes up and down.  I bet you each one of those peaks is when a big update was released.  People come in and check it out play it for a month or two, possibly drop a few bucks, and then go check out other stuff in the mean time until the next big update.

When 11.5 hits and the supposed "new warframe" is released there will probably be a spike in the player base then as well because everyone wants to see the new hotness

Never before did post-update peak lasted a month or two, mostly it sinks down to pre-update numbers(if not lower) in week - week and a half.

I dont see how you could possibly know that information unless you check the steam graph on a daily basis for warframe, which I kinda doubt.

I'm basing my estimate on personal experience from other games, including this one.  Big updates hit games, people come back and check out the new content.  And generally spend more than a week or two in the game.

Look at the forums right now, there's a ton of activity in here.  Unfortunately right now a lot of it is negative, Brakk, Valkyr, Damage 2.0.  But people are playing.  The region and recruitment chat is still buzzing as well.