Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Lephantis...

PureBlade

I was deceived thinking it was going to be an easy boss. I thought it was going to be a souped up j3 golem. I WAAS WROOOONG. I dont remeber if it was  U10 or u11 but i want to know all tennos thoughts on this guy. The battle deceives you into thinking its dead but NOPE!

so... yeah thoughts on him?

---PureBlade

Edited by PureBlade

I feel the boss is currently too easy, this doesn't mean it needs more damage, just more animations and attacks, though it currently is one of the better boss fights, I just hate how formulaic it feels after a while.

Then again... alot of the bosses feel this way. 

U10: Long battle for no real reason. Not particularly hard. Not only does it only take damage from particular spots, the amount of damage it can take at once is capped.

U11: Don't need to visit Lephantis anymore.

Lephantis is a major mile-stone that DE needed but bosses and enemies in general need to be more challenging. Better AI would help.

I LOVE FIGHTING THIS BOSS WITH VALKYR! Seriously, after helping them fight him in the second stage, after he is low on health, just ripline your way back out of the hole and let your team finish him off while you collect everything up top that you missed! XD XD

There are elevators that bring you up there as well.

I feel the boss is currently too easy, this doesn't mean it needs more damage, just more animations and attacks, though it currently is one of the better boss fights, I just hate how formulaic it feels after a while.

Then again... alot of the bosses feel this way. 

It is really hard to make something that doesn't feel this way.

Most all boss fights, not just in WF, that are at first a challenge, once the 'trick' or method to fight the boss is figured out it suddenly becomes really easy.

My first couple times, I tried with Banshee and Excal and sub-optimal weapons and it took me a very long time to barely lose.

Then I went back with a rhino and higher tier well modded weapons and it became more routine.  Still soloing ended up taking a bit of time, but after beating the first time I was a bit amazed at how different that run was from my failures, then the next run after that was nearly a walk through.  Even with the same gear once I knew what to expect, where to go when to attack it simply got easier.