The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

By All Means De, Keep Making Sweeping Changes.

Hydrium

I've never seen developers whose fixes are consistently worse than the previous iteration.

Some decent ideas this patch but overall I feel like I'm just going to sit this game out for a bit until the storm passes.

-edit-

After seeing some of the many changes lately, I felt that my opinion was best summarized by my OP so bump.

Some good, some bad and still lots of bad not reverted to the previous good.

The new event changes screwing clans with no warning? That was the icing on the cake.

Edited by Hydrium

Some decent ideas this patch but overall I feel like I'm just going to sit this game out for a bit until the storm passes.

I'm beginning to agree with the second half of your post (this quoted section here)

I'm the only really active warlord in my clan, so I'm morally obligated to sign in to keep tabs on the clan dojo and research, but I don't think I will actually be playing much for a while.

Personally i agree they should keep making sweeping changes.

It's continually introducing new things to the game, improving the game and in the long run will create a game that stands apart from the uniform schlock that fill the medium.

Keep it up, big changes shake things up and that's almost never a bad thing.

Sometimes i wonder if they are throwing dices every month to decide what they should upgrade in Warframe or if they actualy have a proper roadmap they want to follow to get this game ready for official release?

Changes were needed.

New damage 2.1 is simple.

Adapt or die.

It's a mess that makes things even more complicated and forces players more and more to specialize.

And you know what:
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Edited by Othergrunty

Sometimes i wonder if they are throwing dices every month to decide what they should upgrade in Warframe or if they actualy have a proper roadmap they want to follow to get this game ready for official release?

We will likely not see an official blanket release until such a time where experiments are not the norm. 

It's continually introducing new things to the game, improving the game and in the long run will create a game that stands apart from the uniform schlock that fill the medium.

As a rule of thumb if a big change causes as much discontent as this one it is, in fact, a bad thing.

Can't please everyone. 

They have a vision for a game. They make changes to try and realize this vision. Even thorough testing cannot foresee every eventuality. 

The game is in BETA. As a player, you have agreed to deal with any and all changes that may occur during this unfinished phase.

Instead of whining and making vague, unhelpful threads...try to politely and professionally summarize how things could have been handled differently to greater effect. Otherwise, you will (and should be) thoroughly ignored and written off as a pissy child.

It's a mess that makes things even more complicated and forces players more and more to specialize.

And you know what:

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

~Single manly tear

I will follow you to hell and back I will.

As a rule of thumb if a big change causes as much discontent as this one it is, in fact, a bad thing.

it's less than a day old and as a rule on the internet people will whine about everything regardless of whether or not it's a bad idea.  Entitlement and an irrational fear of change or a fear that they might have to adapt to something new will always rear up in the face of any change.

Hell Just having the balls to make big changes and sticking with it long enough to see it actually works despite the hue and cry of the rabble is admirable on it's own.

Can't please everyone. 

They have a vision for a game. They make changes to try and realize this vision. Even thorough testing cannot foresee every eventuality. 

The game is in BETA. As a player, you have agreed to deal with any and all changes that may occur during this unfinished phase.

Instead of whining and making vague, unhelpful threads...try to politely and professionally summarize how things could have been handled differently to greater effect. Otherwise, you will (and should be) thoroughly ignored and written off as a &!$$y child.

A vision? Oh you mean No lore and complete and utter mess plus grind and farm all over the place? Nice vision right there...

it's less than a day old and as a rule on the internet people will whine about everything regardless of whether or not it's a bad idea.  Entitlement and an irrational fear of change or a fear that they might have to adapt to something new will always rear up in the face of any change.

Hell Just having the balls to make big changes and sticking with it long enough to see it actually works despite the hue and cry of the rabble is admirable on it's own.

Yet they nerfed Brakk due to the hue and cry of the rabble and I think I saw you applauding them for it. try not to contradict yourself. Also they are changing the system now so I guess even they know it was a silly move.

Yet they nerfed Brakk due to the hue and cry of the rabble and I think I saw you applauding them for it. try not to contradict yourself. Also they are changing the system now so I guess even they know it was a silly move.

I'm not contradicting myself.

Balance is a separate issue and the brakk was far an above better than everything else.  The synapse is int he same boat too and likely needs to be brought to heel.  There are many weapons that also need to be elevated.

But The brakk wasn't changed in it's first week, it was given time for feedback.  i don't claim every change is good but knee jerk booing in the first hours is generally exactly what needs to be ignored.  Give changes a week or two see how they pan out.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Change is good as long as the change itself is good, if you read their effort to change the experience system you wouldn't be so happy about all the changes. Good thing is everyone reacted soon enough to prevent it from happening and I believe that once DE thinks about it a bit, they will make a good solution to it.