December 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Just a few things:

- Many people DON'T like Cyath changing. In fact, I've seen more complaints than praises about this.

- Void drop rates are a big issue in the forums, yet, I hear nothing about this from you guys. Why the silence?

- Grineer armor is as bad as it was beck in Damage 1.0. How is this not a hot topic?

Scott discussed the Void Drop Rates on Fridays Livestream. He stated:

“There might be a major change coming to Loot Tables. We understand the tables get diluted by adding more items to the game. I can’t give a timeframe when.”

And no mention of the Stalker's horrendous scaling? Being able to spam powers to no end?

I heavily suggest reworking the Stalker. He's just not that fun for those who don't run loadouts with 5 Forma's. He's nothing more than a thief, stealing our revives...

He's easy to kill with a squad but that doesnt change the fact that he's a Tenno Atari Casette 9999 in 1 

Edit: Someone please make a picture like that. Stalker 9999 in 1

Edited by Shin

I worry a tad (understatement!!) when both Armour scaling and Void reward dilution is not even mentioned.

Also, just give us Eris back please!

The summary of players thoughts above on the infested change is presented "from a certain point of view" to be polite.

I have not seen anyone on a thread say they are glad Cyath has gone.

We enjoyed it, why remove part of the game that was enjoyed by many?

You want Warframe to be enjoyable right?

Just a reminder from before Megan's time with us :)

Infested Mobile Defence was not even a mission until it was trialled in an Alert and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive.

Now you remove it.

“There might be a major change coming to Loot Tables. We understand the tables get diluted by adding more items to the game. I can’t give a timeframe when.”

A very cynical individual might say "it'll happen after the next prime access hit the store"...

But I'll refrain for that and simply ask Scott to POST HIS IDEAS on the forum before implementing them. For feedback.

Yet again, no answer about Armor. *Sadface*

Very well, sorry, I missed the livestream and haven't been to youtube to check if it was released :c

Any input on the armor scalling?

What players like:

·         Infested actually “infest” - an interesting faction dynamic

·         “easy-mode” farming spot (Cyath) may be gone, but it gives a more dynamic feel and urgency to play the Infestations.

·         More use of the Infested missions in the Derelicts.

I like how you twist the "dislike" of losing popular missions into a "like", Megan.

Again.  We all know there are innumerable inconsistencies in the lore (what little of it) in Warframe, so saying that the Infested shouldn't have their own static missions due to lolre is a bit silly.

Honestly, nobody would object to keeping the dynamic invasion gameplay: it's dynamic and with some tweaks, would be a welcoming change in the long run.

But, don't take out all the static Infested missions.  Some people like to do them and you should leave them be.  You will gain nothing by actively denying ways that players choose to play the game.

And seriously?  Denying mutagen drops from regular Infested wasn't "motivation" enough for ya?  Do you ACTUALLY view getting rid of the regular static Infested missions as a PLUS (+) in getting players to re-visit the Derelict?   

So you honestly admit to actively getting rid of existing content JUST to nudge people into spending more time with the Derelict?

Are you serious?

Ok, strike that.  I take that back.

Obviously, it would be silly to assume the devs would openly admit to strong-arming players into visiting less popular content by taking away more popular content.  DE is a group of passionate professionals, and it's a bit disingenuous to assume the worse.

You were summarizing what you think the players liked about the new Infestation when you mentioned that we now get "More use of the Infested missions in the Derelicts."  

Okay, fair enough.  However, I would like to point out that when people actually do state that the Derelicts would see more use now, it is probably done less as a cheery "hurrah!" than as a sighing tossing-up of arms.

I simply cannot imagine ANYONE saying "well, now that we can't find consistent Infestation presence anywhere outside of the Derelict, that makes me want to play the Derelict so much more!"  Most people are just going to end up in one of two camps: 1) people who didn't like the Derelict are now going to begrudgingly do Derelict, and 2) people who already enjoy the Derelict as a primary source of Infested seeing no major change to their gameplay.

Does this seem like a good method to encourage diverse gameplay to you?

Edited by Gestalt

Who told you they liked Cyath changing? I have not meet a person in-game that I've asked about losing XIni/Cyath/Palus that liked the change, not one. I also really don't like the "easy-mode" comment because it assumes I only played it because it was easy. It was my second favorite mission in the games behind Xini because infested are my favorite faction and it was the highest and most popular infested mobile defense, games every time. It was not because it was "easy-mode".

Who told you they like to lose credits to fight infested in the derelicts and have to play solo when their friends are on because the only reason people use the derelicts are corrupted mods(and recruit is a really really big pain)? You keep putting things exclusive things in the derelicts, mutagen, Nekros, infested, but I still don't have any friends that actually like the derelicts. I still have no want, even with infested gone, to go there. I should want to play them because I like them, not because I am forced to go there.

Make infested actually infest nodes. Permanently take them, not what is happening now. I want to be able to log on to the game and actually play against my favorite faction, I want a reason to log on again besides because real-life friends asking. I'm at 400 hours in-game and I love it, but this update broke me. And I am having a hard time not just raging when it was said over and over that you would tell us about these big changes before making them, and then just ignoring us again.

Scott stated on the Friday Livestream that he is weilding the "Galatine of Buffing". Warframe Buffs Coming Soon

Let's hope he actually plans this out. I won't be surprised at all if he decapitates Ember this time around.

This is the last chance I'm giving Scott and his asinine concepts of "buffing". If he doesn't get it right this time I'm deleting my Ember and taking a VERY long break from this game.... all I want to do is play my favorite warframe without feeling like deadweight and DE does nothing but nerf her both directly and indirectly...

Three nerfs since Scott said he was going to buff her. THREE!

No amount of feedback and/or suggestions have done ANYTHING to help. 

Edited by DavidSPD

Infested

The problem is that Invasion feels like a chore. We have to clear Invasions or else they spread or convert factions. That's more grind to the game. Now when a node is under attack, we have to grind Invasion to free it just so we can resume grinding there. Grind within a grind = bad. Instead of completely removing Eris, just make Invasions more interesting. If you present us two options and would like us to take both, then do that! Don't remove the competition (Eris) entirely. This makes us feel forced to try your "options", and only upsets the players.

If the Invasions are really worth trying, please prove it to us instead of telling us "you'd better do it if you wanna keep grinding". Add a tiered reward system at 3, 15, and 25 runs or make the rewards more attractive, I don't know. Just make them so that they aren't threatening us to play them "or else".

Polarity

Aside from the movement of polarities that should have been implemented ages ago (UI is always the last to update...), there's lots of suggestions. My suggestion is to bring back the "Element Hierarchy" into the game, but allow players to customize this hierarchy on each of their weapons. If their Forma has been placed wrong, they can just mix with the Hierarchy on each of their weapons/loadouts to make their elements fuse as desired.

Quick Summary.

1. Trading weapons blueprints/formas/warframes blueprints/potatos/skins - never.

2. Permanent infested planet (exeption derelict) - forget it.

3. More derelict missions with infested - yes

4. Extractors - still useless.

5. Polarization - Soon 

Edited by Figasebe

Megan, please, for the people that use the forum, talk them into speaking to us more about what they plan to do.

Did you not see what happened when Glen had posted his proposed idea for Affinity changes? He got feedback, criticism, reviews, and suggestions on what COULD be done. The majority of that topic, actually had most of the posters there in a rage.

The case with infested being removed? Who is it that likes this exactly? Nobody enjoys it, whether it is the old players or the newer region chat players in game, they loathe what the team has done. It has basically become, Derelicts, or good luck to you. Infested Invasions do not count. They are a poor substitute. Very poor. I can almost guarantee that if Steve had posted his proposed idea to remove the Infested, the resounding HELL NO throughout the thread would have made him reconsider, just as Glen did with his affinity proposal.

Armor and Damage. Not thrilled. Not thrilled at all. Damage was a fine system as it was Pre 11.3, or as some call it, the BS Update. We weren't having issues with health and armor stacking, the system that was introduced was adapted to, and worked around. Now, after the BS Update, Armor scaling, which the whole reason 2.0 was introduced, is back, and worse than ever. Builds have been broken once again, for those loyal players who rapidly forma and rank their gear to fit the new system. BS Update comes along, it may as well have been giving those players the finger, while pulling the rug out from underneath them. If it is at all possible, tell Steve to REVERT the Damage System to before the utter trash that is 11.3 came along.

Please, Megan. Tell them to post their ideas. We can't help them make the game an enjoyable experience for their players, if they don't get their players input. The result of dropping these random changes are never met well. Players are leaving, people are becoming inactive. Be open with us, as was promised. Glen did a perfect example of that with his idea. Try to get the others to follow suit, if you could.

Not really expecting a response, but it would be nice to get one. 

Edited by HiddenKharma

QUOTE:

" We messed up by not communicating that we were thinking of doing this change. Prior acknowledgment would have allowed players to adjust accordingly and give us feedback. "

[EDIT: quoting not working for me forums, screwing up and removing chunks of my post]

we've heard this SEVERAL TIMES before this, I know yer just the messenger, but srsly this is getting old, how many times must this happen before you guys get it together? how long does it take to type out a quick forum post? (rhetorical question, it does not take long at all)

anyways...

1 - when are we getting an upgraded/functional chat system? (ie custom tabs. friendslist chat, resizable window that stays open, squad chat the doesnt insta-close, etc) [EDIT: recently this has been improved, much thanks, CONTINUE TO IMPROVE, still needs more work, ie we have tabs now, that is great, but they are difficult to manage still]

2 - will mastery rank ever give slots? (ie choice of 1 weapon/frame/sentinel slot per rank)

im currently rank 14, and yes it would have saved me some plat, but i still bought the founder's pack becuz 300+ hrs ingame i felt it was more than worth the investment

3 - infested need some luv, more new/different units and hopefully the next event is infested focused (infested trailer for next cinematic pls) [EDIT: additionally WHY REMOVE THEM FROM ERIS TO ADD NOTHING BACK IN ITS PLACE?!?! currently ingame there is no boss for the Eris system, and AFAIK since it's corpus and the next new boss makeover is Hek, there is no plans soon for the Eris system to have a boss? WHY? this makes no sense]

4 - new stealth mechanics inbound anytime soon?

5 - reactions to these threads? all about movement/parkour/etc (IE Overgrowth outshining WF's parkour)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-parkour-has-been-ignored-for-too-long-its-the-key-element-in-making-warframe-gameplay-unique-and-fresh/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116872-the-grand-thread-for-animation-improvements-and-fixes-with-gifs/

new adds:

6 - related to #5, there is much community distaste for the "autoroll" feature in parkour, it is quite cumbersome at times, any plans to address this?

7 - i know melee is getting the linked charge attacks and the new animations, but what about the clipping issues and phasing INTO and through the target you are swinging at? it makes regular melee attack spamming even worse in comparison to charge attacks, melee collision is IMHO one of the biggest turnoffs to melee, its very clunky

8 - Psychen's thread on level design, thoughts? comments? anything liked? disliked? plan to implement? (hint hint)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/129048-level-design-is-running-all-that-we-do/

9 - how about the option of a friendly fire mode? maybe nightmare only, regardless, completely optional and voluntary, but just to have the option nonetheless? would allow some cells/clans to make some super kickass videos of effective teamwork, and who knows what else

10 - any/all of Rasputin29's works: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142876-a-katana-weapon-please/

11 - are we ever going to get the integrated dojo/frontend ui menu? dojo's are so hidden currently ingame that i rarely ever go into my clan's dojo unless i wanted a bp to craft something (which hasn't happened in awhile, sidenote: when are we getting more clantech?)

12 - why are enemy types so seemingly randomly distributed throughout the system, before the infestation was removed you had to go to a specific node to find lobber crawlers for instance, why? enemy factions should have more of every different type of unit in each planetary system, or make it clear why/where each unit can be found (why are corpus snipers only in europa?) [arid grineer on phobos makes sense, most other distributions do not]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Infested

The problem is that Invasion feels like a chore. We have to clear Invasions or else they spread or convert factions. That's more grind to the game. Now when a node is under attack, we have to grind Invasion to free it just so we can resume grinding there. Grind within a grind = bad. Instead of completely removing Eris, just make Invasions more interesting. If you present us two options and would like us to take both, then do that! Don't remove the competition (Eris) entirely. This makes us feel forced to try your "options", and only upsets the players.

If the Invasions are really worth trying, please prove it to us instead of telling us "you'd better do it if you wanna keep grinding". Add a tiered reward system at 3, 15, and 25 runs or make the rewards more attractive, I don't know. Just make them so that they aren't threatening us to play them "or else".

Polarity

Aside from the movement of polarities that should have been implemented ages ago (UI is always the last to update...), there's lots of suggestions. My suggestion is to bring back the "Element Hierarchy" into the game, but allow players to customize this hierarchy on each of their weapons. If their Forma has been placed wrong, they can just mix with the Hierarchy on each of their weapons/loadouts to make their elements fuse as desired.

This is a very good solution to the infested.

Keep both eris and invasions, allow them to permanently infest nodes when left alone, and give better rewards in tiers.

Megan, please, for the people that use the forum, talk them into speaking to us more about what they plan to do.

Did you not see what happened when Glen had posted his proposed idea for Affinity changes? He got feedback, criticism, reviews, and suggestions on what COULD be done. The majority of that topic, actually had most of the posters there in a rage.

The case with infested being removed? Who is it that likes this exactly? Nobody enjoys it, whether it is the old players or the newer region chat players in game, they loathe what the team has done. It has basically become, Derelicts, or good luck to you. Infested Invasions do not count. They are a poor substitute. Very poor. I can almost guarantee that if Steve had posted his proposed idea to remove the Infested, the resounding HELL NO throughout the thread would have made him reconsider, just as Glen did with his affinity proposal.

Armor and Damage. Not thrilled. Not thrilled at all. Damage was a fine system as it was Pre 11.3, or as some call it, the BS Update. We weren't having issues with health and armor stacking, the system that was introduced was adapted to, and worked around. Now, after the BS Update, Armor scaling, which the whole reason 2.0 was introduced, is back, and worse than ever. Builds have been broken once again, for those loyal players who rapidly forma and rank their gear to fit the new system. BS Update comes along, it may as well have been giving those players the finger, while pulling the rug out from underneath them. If it is at all possible, tell Steve to REVERT the Damage System to before the utter trash that is 11.3 came along.

Please, Megan. Tell them to post their ideas. We can't help them make the game an enjoyable experience for their players, if they don't get their players input. The result of dropping these random changes are never met well. Players are leaving, people are becoming inactive. Be open with us, as was promised. Glen did a perfect example of that with his idea. Try to get the others to follow suit, if you could.

Not really expecting a response, but it would be nice to get one.

Yes, just for simplicity's sake, revert damage back to pre 11.3

I'm surprised the whole Grineer armor scaling issue didn't make the list, threads about it have been popping up like daisies, and it's kinda sad to see it's still an issue considering it was one of the core problems with damage 1.0.

EDIT: I am glad to see the proc chance issue addressed though. Right now the mods are just too low to make them worth sacrificing base damage. Can't wait to see them buffed.

This is getting fixed on the next patch.