Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Saryn Changes

[DE]Megan

Take a look at what’s coming for Saryn! 

Venom (First Power) - Now does viral damage.

Molt (Second Power) – The Molt Decoy now gets increased health with fusion level.

Miasma (Fourth Power) - Damage increase and changed to corrosive damage type.

These changes will be coming soon and we are looking forward to your experiences and feedback!  

This thread will be unlocked as the update is deployed. Get your testing fingers ready!

It doesn't seem like Saryn's changes went through with U11.5.

Venom is supposed to be dealing viral damage, but it's currently dealing reduced damage to robotics, bypasses shields, and procs toxin debuffs. It seems to be dealing toxin damage as it was before the update. The same is true for Miasma: it's bypassing shields, it's dealing 1.5x damage to flesh, and 0.75x damage to robotics. Its base damage also appears to be unchanged.

Saryn does not seem to be inflicting the damage types that were intended, and Miasma's base damage remains the same.

Edited by PsycloneM

It doesn't seem like Saryn's changes went through with U11.5.

Venom is supposed to be dealing viral damage, but it's currently dealing reduced damage to robotics, bypasses shields, and procs toxin debuffs. It seems to be dealing toxin damage as it was before the update. The same is true for Miasma: it's bypassing shields, dealing 1.5x damage to flesh and 0.75x damage to robotics. Its base damage also appears to be unchanged.

Unless the resistance table was changed in this update, Saryn does not seem to be inflicting the damage types that were intended, or increased base damage with Miasma.

You beat me to it. It seems like it isn't changed yet.

Saryn. Never really used any of her skills other than Miasma.
I guess it's a good frame if you want to go all out on melee but that's about it

Venom - I'm not really bothered with this skill, don't even use it tbh.

Molt - Still don't understand why this isn't replaced by an offensive skill I mean we already have Loki's decoy

Miasma - Making Miasma corrosive definitely makes Saryn a Grineer exterminator.

IMO Venom and Molt should be changed into more offensive or defensive skills. Add poison farts I don't know..

Everyone here saying that she is fine is talking right out of their &#!, because her damage has not changed AT ALL. 450 per tic on low level enemies with blind range 2 ranks from max. That was THE SAME, it doesn't do more damage to heavy gunners, not corrupted not regular grineer either. I could be actual cash to the idea that atleast 2 of the 3 changes listed here never actually made it to the game. The corrosive damage doesnt do anything extra, neither does the viral to the light units. These changes NEVER came in. never did a see a signle corrosive or viral simbol pop up henever i did anything on her, and when I poped venom on bosses the Toxin simbol popped up, so yes.

TLDR: DE never put in the saryn changes, or the damage table changed or something! saryn does nothing different and people here are talking out of their &#! saying that she is fine without ever trying out the actual war frame in combat.

I have to agree with most people here and just assume that the changes didn't go through. But when they do, here is my feedback incase you didn't do the things we were all hoping for.

Venom

Give this ability a high proc chance and it'll be perfect. Simple as that. It would actually be useful if the Viral status effect could be reliably called upon when you use this skill. It's hard enough to get the spores to spread when you have sentinels and team-mates wasting everything on the field, if this could be rewarding, and reliably apply a status effect, this would make her a very useful frame.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Molt

Great! More health for the decoy is a good thing and I doubt this will be an issue. Thanks for the change!

Miasma

If this is going to be Corrosive damage, it needs an instant damage type, rather than a DoT. Toxic has that effect, and giving it DoT will only make it cumbersome again. The sad thing about Miasma is that it suffered from so many mod requirements. It needed range mods to help with the very short range, damage mods to beef up the DoT, duration mods to extend the damage ticks and efficiency because it was an ultimate for 100 energy. Using corrupt mods on Saryn hurt this ability a LOT, and so this needs to be addressed.

Remove the DoT and increase the range. That way you can use mods like Fleeting Expertise or Narrow Minded without it turning into a short duration, arm's reach of damage.

I will update this again hopefully when the changes are actually added. But please take these comments into consideration.

Miasma is corrosive alright.
People wanted corrosive because it would make Miasma useful against heavily armored units like napalms. But giving miasma corrosive and then switching armor type of heavy units(yep the damage tables changed again - check your codex) to such where corrosive does absolutely no bonus damage is like showing us the middle finger...

Edited by seiryuo

Just tested the skills against level 25-35+ Corpus/Grineer and...

Venom, I don't know if it works or not because I can't see the health numbers.

Molt is as useless as it was before, gets destroyed in a fraction of a second.

Miasma is useless against armored enemies , was doing 72 damage per tick on a lvl 25 Napalm...

All in all, nothing has changed, Saryn is still useless.

yep, miasma is definitely not corrosive.

and viral venom needs proc chances.

Miasma is corrosive alright.
People wanted corrosive because it would make Miasma useful against heavily armored units like napalms. But giving miasma corrosive and then switching armor type of heavy units(yep the damage tables changed again - check your codex) to such where corrosive does absolutely no bonus damage is like showing us the middle finger...

what are you on about? armor still takes 75% more damage from corrosive. corrosive damage on weapons works fine.

Edited by SlyBoots

yep, miasma is definitely not corrosive.

and viral venom needs proc chances.

what are you on about? armor still takes 75% more damage from corrosive. corrosive damage on weapons works fine.

Armor? Yea, but only ferrite. Alloy which is covering heavy grineers like bombards gets no bonus damage from corrosive. Currently the best output vs grineer is radiation + viral.

The main issues of venom I feel are related to getting the spores to spread, as well as their damage. Missing changes aside, I ran a T3 using a sobek earlier today, and it made me feel like I should have been using my mag or nova instead.

I constantly run into the problem of enemies either getting instagibbed so they couldn't spread, or the spores just weren't really spreading much, even spraying wildly at point blank range with a huge cluster of enemies. It feels as if DoT abilities just don't seem to work so well with a lot of content, rarely will saryns get the full extent of their damage, especially with modding for duration. I also feel like people are punished for not choosing a weapon that sets off spores easier. Also, venom would be less cumbersome to use by being applied in a small area rather than a single target.

Regarding other abilities...contagion? Why doesn't this apply to ranged as well? Saryn moves much too slowly to get in melee range, not only that, she is squishy and has no means of mitigating damage like other frames. No comment on molt and miasma, as changes haven't gone through yet.

Edited by Mynaria

Saryn definitely needed some help but these changes aren't enough.

Venom is still pretty useless. It has no utility and the damage it does is subpar. Personally I'd still rather have the old pre-nerf Venom back (which had spore stacking) with fixes made to the performance issues it caused. Even if the energy cost is bumped up to 50 it would still be one of the most fun skills to use and one of the few that scales with enemy levels. If we can't have the old Venom back then this version needs 100% proc chance at least to make it viable. Alternately, adding a small debuff to it such as slowing down affected enemies could help as well.

Molt needed the extra survivability but it could still use some improvement. Maybe having a second or two of invulnerability when cast before it starts taking damage?

Finally, Contagion is still pretty lackluster but this might have more to do with melee overall and could change after the melee rework comes out. The extra damage it provides is good but with no knockdown\stagger\disruption resistance and no weapons with 100% stagger chance against enemies there's still too much risk and not enough reward to go into melee range.

Good changes! It's kinda obvious and logical with the new damage 2.0 that Saryn's damages get changed to viral and corossive and stuff, but they're still good changes.

Only thing I would ask is to do something about contagion. In my opinion, it is not only a bit boring, but it feels a bit lackluster. I can live with the fact that its also heavily based on which melee weapon you are carrying, but its just a bit boring and lackluster...

Other than that, good job DE! Love Warframe and its constant improvements! :)

Armor? Yea, but only ferrite. Alloy which is covering heavy grineers like bombards gets no bonus damage from corrosive. Currently the best output vs grineer is radiation + viral.

apologies but since none of these resistance changes were mentioned in the patch notes i completely missed 'em because i could only check heavy gunners and regular grineer in my codex. but void heavy gunners should still be weak to corrosive (which a clan member used miasma against coming to the conclusion it still did toxic), i will refrain from making any more definitive statements though as these changes were rather extensive.

Edited by SlyBoots