Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Anyone Else Afraid Of Melee 2.0?

Ribboz

Meele sucks so much right now that they can only do it better. 

When you are at the bottom the only way to go is up

I welcome the new melee system for whatever it is

oh believe me it could get worse we have no idea if the new melee system will go off current damage stats heck charge attacks may no longer exist then. what are we going to do with heavy weapons that only deal 50 damage, spam normal attacks and cry at how much worse melee gotten. this is just one possability of what may happen

As someone who regularly suggests melee improvements I'm concerned.

DE's updates so far have been irreversable and non-optional. In a best-case scenario it'll just be a straight upgrade to the current system with nothing currently in-game removed and just more ways you can choose to use melee. More content. Worst-case could really be anything. All we can do is wait for them to say something or act and their silence is infuriating.

NO. For me E is already in use - as are most of the  easy to reach buttons.

I meant that if you don't remap any Keys.  The default is E.  If you moved it to any other, then THAT key should remain as your Emergency Melee attack if you're firing a gun.

But it gets disabled when you go full Melee.

Has there even been any substantial information regarding melee 2.0?

I'm excited for it.  The melee system is bad right now, and I doubt they could mess it up by much.  Damage 2.0 wound up a good system (and they mostly got rid of the "this damage type counters this faction" phenomenon, which was its biggest drawback), so no, I'm not afraid.

Just a little impatient.  But that's because I'm eager.

Scared? I'm just waiting if this will determine Melee's usefulness to me. Maybe it will make it better, then good. Maybe it will make it totally sh*t, useless and hard to manage, so be it. We're not the DE but we are the community of Warframe. What we say accounts into what DE will do to the game.

Maybe this will make Valkyr more fun in Hysteria...

On a more direct note, I worry that they'll mess up instant slide slashing, which has been enormous fun for me with Dakra Prime, one-shotting low-to-mid level enemies as I slide by them. Not to mention Zorencoptering. Other than that, hell yes bring it on. Want to see how they plan to execute this.

Looks like mostly people who do those annoying slide and  spin attack rushing/attacks are mostly worried. I almost never use them,  not that easy key combination and not that accurate to use in real combat most of the times (direction key + sprint + crouch + melee + timing to hit the target).

Equipping it isnt that bad - the problem is the  switching  time (and NO this pointless crappy aura does not count - it expects you to sacrifice too much for pointless bonus).

What makes full melee worse is the enemy armor and  warframes really bad tanking ability in close and open combat.

I don't want some weird combo system that expects you to learn and use 100 diff combinations  to be effective.

"for forward leap attack do: W + space +  2xW + melee + crouch" etc.

what ever it goes like first we all gonna experience goes BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG you stuck on it and cant strike anymore switching dont work you wanna shot but melee instead etc <.< before they throw more and more and more and more... patches make some serious hotfixes pls Q.Q dont patch more bugs in get the game working before you try to give us new stuff v.v dont wanna get *@##&#036; slapped a 6th time

Maybe this will make Valkyr more fun in Hysteria...

On a more direct note, I worry that they'll mess up instant slide slashing, which has been enormous fun for me with Dakra Prime, one-shotting low-to-mid level enemies as I slide by them. Not to mention Zorencoptering. Other than that, hell yes bring it on. Want to see how they plan to execute this.

I really hope it does.  It's silly and doesn't really belong in the game.  That's purely my opinion, though; there's no objective reason to remove it.

And yeah, I hope Hysteria gets changed, melee 2.0 or not.  Feel free to post here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/154421-valkyrs-hysteria-should-be-more-mobile/ if you'd like to see it improved :3