Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Hayden Tenno Apear And Why ?

VoidGhost

From what I understand DE credits/claims that Dark Sector is canon to Warframe.

Canon (fiction), the conceptual material accepted as "official" in a fictional universe's fan base.

It is in some way a sort of way far off prequel to Warframe. I have watched the old streams. They even said each Warframe is its own personality, like its own person.

In that aspect, they are suggesting each Warframe is controlled by a different Tenno. But the game UI and the dialogue contradict this, since in the arsenal, we "equip" a different Warframe. The boss dialogues also taunts the player's name and clan, as well as refer to our Warframes as a suit, which again seems to suggest we are just one Tenno controlling/using/equiping different Warframes.

Now onto the situation with Hayden Tenno appearing in the game. I'll be honest... I won't care much. Unless he's a boss of some faction (maybe the faction that stalker is on, now there's a twist) then, w/e. We'll see how DE plans to do it. At the moment, DE is just making changes/rebalancing damage types (the damage 2.0 system) and Warframes and their abilities and other bugs and mechanics, as well as making more improvements to the UI.

They are also reworking bosses (changing their models and attacks) and introducing new content. The story/lore they promise to release to us, is probably still in discussion. I have a weird feeling even DE doesn't really know how to spin their story.

To me a story/lore is like the guideline for how the game should go. At the moment it's up in the air and they're just working on a game they released with no real story. Just a little preview of what the game is about and what were doing.

From what I understand DE credits/claims that Dark Sector is canon to Warframe.

Canon (fiction), the conceptual material accepted as "official" in a fictional universe's fan base.

Incorrect. DE has said multiple times that the story of Dark Sector is unrelated to the story of Warframe (thereby making them non-canonical with one another).

Some elements may be similar, but the stories do not intersect and are not related.

I just want to clarify on this,

I have completed darkSector in excess of 15 times. I have never traded it in from when I first got it, and I love it above most other games. I have posted on forums and written fanfiction and all sorts of things before Warframe ever came out, but that does not mean that I have to want it in my Warframe experience!

To me, darkSector had it's day. It was a great story, but it simply doesn't fit here.

The lore states that Excalibur was the first Tenno, that the Tenno were rejects of the Orokin. That the Warframe came after the twisting and the powers. Hayden got his powers by Nadia, who was already dressed in a suit, infected to high hell and under the command of Mezner. In the Stalker lore, the Tenno - supposedly - betray the Orokin, but Hayden was fully infected before he even left the island. He never went to the void or fought there.

In darkSector, the suit is just that, a suit. Hayden had his powers with or without it.

In Warframe the 'suit' seems to be a conduit - or perhaps even a prison - for the creatures who wear it. No one really knows!

Yeah I can appreciate that perspective. I feel a lot the same way as you regarding dark sector. For me I just took it a different direction. I feel that dark sector never really had its day in the sun. If it came down to one thing though it would be an interview I read in a magazine discussing dark sector and its direction change after the first trailer. They spoke of the game as telling an origin story setting up how this guy got his powers and I felt it was implied that there was more to come. Game comes out and I play it and love it to pieces only to see it shredded in the arenas of popular opinion and critical reception. My hopes for anything further were crushed completely and not for the first time (advent rising comes to mind as the most egregious offender). Flash forward and I see a little blurb, on destructoid i believe, about warframe. Having been on board with dark sector from the first trailer I was naturally very intrigued by the appearant resurrection. Reading more and discovering the possibility that the two were connected was like a dream come true. A hope that at least one thing that I loved that was never fully realized might come to fruition for me. Then there are people (not meaning you) who seem to be hostile to this interpretation and who on the cusp of the realization of my dream want to take that away from me. I realize that of course isn't the intent as who would know this story, also that would be super paranoid. So I seek to understand the other side so I could console myself in the future should it end that way. Instead i typically run into "because im right" when presented with something that could go either way. It's frustrating to be met with that from people who dont seem invested enough to really care. While your reasoning isn't enough to get me on your side while I watch said dream be crushed it is far more reasoned than anything else I've read and for that I thank you.

In the end though I love warframe and dark sector and nothing will change that even if things don't end up going the way I would like. After all I'm not THAT wrapped up in either of them.

Incorrect. DE has said multiple times that the story of Dark Sector is unrelated to the story of Warframe (thereby making them non-canonical with one another).

Some elements may be similar, but the stories do not intersect and are not related.

Really? Could've sworn in one of the livestreams they said it was........ oh well..... w/e.

Really? Could've sworn in one of the livestreams they said it was........ oh well..... w/e.

In one livestream, they mention Hayden is the "O.G.", but never really specifically say that it is a direct prequel.

Seems to me that most of this talk is about spiritual succession over a direct prequel.

In one livestream, they mention Hayden is the "O.G.", but never really specifically say that it is a direct prequel.

Seems to me that most of this talk is about spiritual succession over a direct prequel.

Ah. Oh well.

Then again DE leaving the story/lore ambiguous as it is, is part of the reason for so much speculations and such about the game's supposed story or lore.

http://outofcontrol.morethanzero.com/images/captures/guyver/gigantic_cocoon.jpg I believe a cocoon like this will be a good lore start if the developer ever consider.I would like to add that based on Warframe and Dark Sector mechanics Hayden's suit will exceed that of Guyver gigantic's http://24.media.tumblr.com/e34a5385a111d876e2c70d43095ea247/tumblr_mq2zqfMhlb1s81xnto1_1280.jpg  capabilities by 100 times based on the years that have passed.Do you think that there will be Lore capable of atracting people who played Dark Sector using another character ? if so who would it be ?

Ah. Oh well.

Then again DE leaving the story/lore ambiguous as it is, is part of the reason for so much speculations and such about the game's supposed story or lore.

but its a good thing. One of the best conversations on the forums are born from theories, conspiracies, and speculation of the lore.

FYI this long post may give you cancer, but please read and let me know what you think!

The virus completely takes over Hayden, thus giving him is abilities. Warframes are the product of human testing in the void.

So why isn't it possible that Hayden, once fully evolved and carrier to the virus, found a way into the void therefore infected everything he came across.

The virus in space, much like bacteria in our own space, has the capability to grow faster. Thousands of times faster in fact, and in a fictional, "Void", you can throw out any type of number or fiction to it.

The virus could also be a reason why Hayden survived. Since he's a full blown mutation, he could live as long as some of the Ancients we encounter. There is not real age to these mobs, we just know they're, "Ancient".

Hayden could also be patient Zero and be the reason there is such a spread of the virus in the void, though it originated in the U.S.

We're also clueless to Haydens abilities, warframes are controlled by the suits they wear.

hayden is his suit, he's also a survivalist and genuine badass, so with abilities like his or/and possibly being immortal wouldn't be too far fetched if he lived a thousand years, increasing his abilities and powers over time.

Stalker never truly dies does he.

If we move to the Orokin era, maybe he was then discovered and voluntarily or involuntarily helped the Orokin defeat the sentients. He may have told them his story, or could have been forced to do so. The Orokin then out of desperation use humans in an attempt to duplicate the virus themselves and end of with Infested and Tenno both and end the war.

These new "Tenno" are a sub species of Hayden Tenno and the Orokin create the Warframe around the user to control them.

After their creation, after realizing the Tenno are easier to control, they are utilized to defend the Orokin and Hayden, being too much of an asset is made lesser guardian. 

After the Tenno assassination of the Orokin emperors, the galaxy in the middle of a civil war, the Tenno were put to hibernate.

Hayden displaced and disrooted, now has a newly found meaning to his life. Not so different from his time at the CIA, its time to clean up once more.

When Excalibur was stated as the first Tenno, it didn't rule out Hayden using the original Excalibur suit.

Have you noticed that the Stalker is a black Excalibur with a unique helmet?

That may be the case, but the original darkSector suit looks much more low-tech, non biological - unlike the modern Warframe one. Also, we are not given much information on the 'Low Guardians' or whatever, but it could be theorized that they were some sub-faction of Tenno, such as royal guards or some such. Stalker may have one point been a vanilla Excalibur, with centuries of rage to warp and twist him.

It's the whole timeframe and 'warped by the void' part that puzzles me. In darkSector, Hayden got his powers form the technocyte infection, he just didn't lose his mind because he did not feel the pain associated with it. Also, Mezner and Nadia had the same strain of virus, so would they not be the originals? Also, no where in darkSector is the Sentience mentioned. The technocyte was supposedly made to combat it, but nothing is mentioned in darkSector to their presence.

If Hayden was the first, then why do they not mention he was technocyte infected, since they themselves made the virus, instead of placing it upon the wierdness of the void?

This things just don't add up to me.

@ Silverbones

Excalibur being the first can only mean that it was the first Tenno created.

While Hayden Tenno is literally the first of his kind to fully control this initial infection,

Mezner and Nadia are the first of their kind to TRY and control this infection and ultimately fail? 

I never played DE so this is all from reading the story several times and watching videos, but wasn't Hayden stabbed initially by Nadia infecting him?

If the Stalker helped the Orokin and the Orokin felt he was too much of a valuable asset, there's a chance he wouldn't have been sent to war like the other Tenno. He could have been placed under the lesser guardians for his own protections, but once everything happened. He sought out for revenge.

That may be the case, but the original darkSector suit looks much more low-tech, non biological - unlike the modern Warframe one. Also, we are not given much information on the 'Low Guardians' or whatever, but it could be theorized that they were some sub-faction of Tenno, such as royal guards or some such. Stalker may have one point been a vanilla Excalibur, with centuries of rage to warp and twist him.

It's the whole timeframe and 'warped by the void' part that puzzles me. In darkSector, Hayden got his powers form the technocyte infection, he just didn't lose his mind because he did not feel the pain associated with it. Also, Mezner and Nadia had the same strain of virus, so would they not be the originals? Also, no where in darkSector is the Sentience mentioned. The technocyte was supposedly made to combat it, but nothing is mentioned in darkSector to their presence.

If Hayden was the first, then why do they not mention he was technocyte infected, since they themselves made the virus, instead of placing it upon the wierdness of the void?

This things just don't add up to me.

The Technocyte virus was present in the void - Orokin Derelict. 

"The Orokin Derelicts are Orokin ships that have been taken over by the Technocyte virus. The white plants seen as decoration in the Void have been infected, causing them to grow out of control. The trees destroy the ship from the inside, rendering it helpless against raiders, as seen when the Grineer/Corpus pay a visit. The ship is not without its fair share of danger, however, as the Infested have made a home here. The Derelicts may have been test sites for the original virus, which would explain the extremely developed state of Lephantis, or simply could not escape into the void in time when the Technocyte virus was released against the Sentients."

Don't forget, the Tenno lost their memories. Could explain why they mention the Void, not the virus - they don't remember it.

Edited by LikDezNutz

@cman989

Maybe he evolved past the need for the Glaive...

And since Hayden is the original he wouldn't need the suit to survive, he could have acquired it through the orokin later on.

The warframe were invented by the Orokin during the reign of the Orokin Empire, to control these abilities. Abilities only the Orokin and Tenno know how to control.

So if Hayden literally turned into a warframe, he wouldn't really need one per se.

"The Orokin Derelicts are Orokin ships that have been taken over by the Technocyte virus. The white plants seen as decoration in the Void have been infected, causing them to grow out of control. The trees destroy the ship from the inside, rendering it helpless against raiders, as seen when the Grineer/Corpus pay a visit. The ship is not without its fair share of danger, however, as the Infested have made a home here. The Derelicts may have been test sites for the original virus, which would explain the extremely developed state of Lephantis, or simply could not escape into the void in time when the Technocyte virus was released against the Sentients."

Don't forget, the Tenno lost their memories. Could explain why they mention the Void, not the virus - they don't remember it.

Oh, I am not saying that the Technocyte did not make it out into the void, but they specifically mention that it was the void itself that warped the Tenno into what they are, forcing them to create the Warframes to [insert reason for giving them a Warframe here.] This was not the case in Hayden's changes. He used the suit to get him on the same level as Nemesis (Nadia), not because his body was so mangled. He was doing fine without it against everything else!

I think the derelicts is how the Infestation re-emerged back into the world. Where it was hiding all this time.

FYI this long post may give you cancer, but please read and let me know what you think!

The virus completely takes over Hayden, thus giving him is abilities. Warframes are the product of human testing in the void.

So why isn't it possible that Hayden, once fully evolved and carrier to the virus, found a way into the void therefore infected everything he came across.

The virus in space, much like bacteria in our own space, has the capability to grow faster. Thousands of times faster in fact, and in a fictional, "Void", you can throw out any type of number or fiction to it.

The virus could also be a reason why Hayden survived. Since he's a full blown mutation, he could live as long as some of the Ancients we encounter. There is not real age to these mobs, we just know they're, "Ancient".

Hayden could also be patient Zero and be the reason there is such a spread of the virus in the void, though it originated in the U.S.

We're also clueless to Haydens abilities, warframes are controlled by the suits they wear.

hayden is his suit, he's also a survivalist and genuine badass, so with abilities like his or/and possibly being immortal wouldn't be too far fetched if he lived a thousand years, increasing his abilities and powers over time.

Stalker never truly dies does he.

If we move to the Orokin era, maybe he was then discovered and voluntarily or involuntarily helped the Orokin defeat the sentients. He may have told them his story, or could have been forced to do so. The Orokin then out of desperation use humans in an attempt to duplicate the virus themselves and end of with Infested and Tenno both and end the war.

These new "Tenno" are a sub species of Hayden Tenno and the Orokin create the Warframe around the user to control them.

After their creation, after realizing the Tenno are easier to control, they are utilized to defend the Orokin and Hayden, being too much of an asset is made lesser guardian. 

After the Tenno assassination of the Orokin emperors, the galaxy in the middle of a civil war, the Tenno were put to hibernate.

Hayden displaced and disrooted, now has a newly found meaning to his life. Not so different from his time at the CIA, its time to clean up once more.

unique indeed scenario,yet the Tenno should be more of a mere outcome,continuers

Oh, I am not saying that the Technocyte did not make it out into the void, but they specifically mention that it was the void itself that warped the Tenno into what they are, forcing them to create the Warframes to [insert reason for giving them a Warframe here.] This was not the case in Hayden's changes. He used the suit to get him on the same level as Nemesis (Nadia), not because his body was so mangled. He was doing fine without it against everything else!

I think the derelicts is how the Infestation re-emerged back into the world. Where it was hiding all this time.

They said that they took the "twisted few that returned from that place". They didn't say what exactly twisted them. All we know for certain is that they crafted the Warframes in the void. The Tenno could be twisted because of the virus.

EDIT: It is also mentioned that the frames are a "conduit of their affliction".

Edited by LikDezNutz

No. The Orokin Derelicts are ships that DID NOT make it into the Void. They didn't make it. They got overrun before they jumped/transferred/whatever you do to get into the Void.

The only signs of Infestation in the Void are with the Ancients being controlled by the Neural Sentires. If anything the Void would seem to inhibit the Technocyte.

They said that they took the "twisted few that returned from that place". They didn't say what exactly twisted them. All we know for certain is that they crafted the Warframes in the void. The Tenno could be twisted because of the virus.

EDIT: It is also mentioned that the frames are a "conduit of their affliction".

No... again the Warframes were made for the twisted people who made it back alive. They got built outside the Void. They were built as a last ditch weapon because the Orokin didn't understand the Void an thought the powers the 'twisted' survivors were granted by it could be a last ditch attempt to fight their enemy.

=====

If you want to understand why things so conflicted it is because DE is writing and rewriting as they go along. At one point perhaps the Technocyte Virus was connected to Warframes. Now its the Void and Void powers.

Edited by Brasten

The same reason he join the CIA and was a cleaner. He didn't need much reason to take the final mission other than to clear his conscience.

If lets say he can't die, this would give him purpose.

If he can die and this is just about personal Honor now, it wouldn't be much different from when he was an agent.

We know he doesn't die after taking a whooping. So maybe he can't?

Edited by OverlyManMan

No. The Orokin Derelicts are ships that DID NOT make it into the Void. They didn't make it. They got overrun before they jumped/transferred/whatever you do to get into the Void.

The only signs of Infestation in the Void are with the Ancients being controlled by the Neural Sentires. If anything the Void would seem to inhibit the Technocyte.

No... again the Warframes were made for the twisted people who made it back alive. They got built outside the Void. They were built as a last ditch weapon because the Orokin didn't understand the Void an thought the powers the 'twisted' survivors were granted by it could be a last ditch attempt to fight their enemy.

=====

If you want to understand why things so conflicted it is because DE is writing and rewriting as they go along. At one point perhaps the Technocyte Virus was connected to Warframes. Now its the Void and Void powers.

All of my quotes are in-game lore. Conduits of their affliction, the possibility of Orokin Derelict being test sites, not ships that didn't make it. For all we know, they could've been experimenting with it inside the Void, it started to overrun the ship, and was ejected from the Void.

All of my quotes are in-game lore. Conduits of their affliction, the possibility of Orokin Derelict being test sites, not ships that didn't make it. For all we know, they could've been experimenting with it inside the Void, it started to overrun the ship, and was ejected from the Void.

The infestation apearing is not the Technocyte please check wiki,it is important to mention about the Lore of time and space and Void mechanics and connect it with the Earth yearts mentioned on Dark Sectors.So when Dark Sector incidents took place what was the Voi and the related to lore? Dimension windows are ceasy to create too with certain tech