Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Rifle Is Better Than Soma?

Raybrand

I really don't think there should be best weapons.  Weapons shouldn't take so much time and effort to acquire, either.

actually yeah i worded that wrong, let me rephrase it

players should be rewarded with stronger weapons if they invest more time into the game, it promotes longevity and allows for more content, and its completely up to the player on whether or not they are willing to invest the time to get it, but the weapons should be worth it in return. 

stronger =/= better

the supra is stronger than the dera, but its entirely possible for someone to like the dera more than the supra, or even to like the braton more than the dera, as usually stronger weapons come with some sort of drawback (typically accuracy, range, firerate, or self-harm)

the soma in this case is a huge outlier in this case and has too many advantages, it is a sniper rifle, assualt rifle, and light machine gun all in one as does as well if not better than most guns in those categories since it has most of the advantages of those classes with virtually none of the disadvantages.

the weapons that require the most effort, time, and resources to acquire should be the best weapons

Weapons that require the most effort should be the best looking, best sounding, and most specialized, but unless you want to pay2win, then you'll make sure that everyone has access to the best all around weapons.

Weapons that require the most effort should be the best looking, best sounding, and most specialized, but unless you want to pay2win, then you'll make sure that everyone has access to the best all around weapons.

Hear, hear.  I wish all the weapons didn't count on mastery rank to acquire, and were equalyl viable, from the Mk1 Braton to the Bo to the Galatine to the Soma.  They should all have their niches, rather than the Soma being the best rifle around.

the weapons that require the most effort, time, and resources to acquire should be the best weapons

You run the Void 50+ times and you don't get the blueprints you need for your weapon.

I run it 5+ times and I get all of them.

It is the same weapon, but you've invested 10 times more time and effort and inevitably resources, in the form of keys, to get it.

The point is, do not mistake RNGs for effort. You've decided to go for hard-to-get weapon -- good, you get the prestige and the niche that the said weapon fits in (albait not always a viable one), but thats where the "best" part of the weapon ends. The market should have weapons that are just as viable.

Edited by XAN3MK

You run the Void 50+ times and you don't get the blueprints you need for your weapon.

I run it 5+ times and I get all of them.

It is the same weapon, but you've invested 10 times more time and effort and inevitably resources, in the form of keys, to get it.

The point is, do not mistake RNGs for effort. You've decided to go for hard-to-get weapon -- good, you get the prestige and the niche that the said weapon fits in (albait not always a viable one), but thats where the "best" part of the weapon ends. The market should have weapons that are just as viable.

I agree.  However, I wish that DE would do away with RNG and implement a token system or a pseudo random system that mitigated grind.

Of course, then they'd have to implement actual content, instead of grindy rubbish like Invasion or pokemon snap.

I agree.  However, I wish that DE would do away with RNG and implement a token system or a pseudo random system that mitigated grind.

Of course, then they'd have to implement actual content, instead of grindy rubbish like Invasion or pokemon snap.

Coming from an ARPG background, I do not mind the grind, I even welcome it at times (scary, I know), BUT I see your point. I find that the biggest culprit here are the cluttered drop tables and the limited array of places for them to be distributed at the moment. What we need is more bossfights with a more coherent drops and/or even going as far as to add some blueprients to the general enemies.

Ex. Adding the blueprints/parts of a said prime weapon to the enemies you fight in the Void Tower Defense missions. Even at a very low and rare drop rate (1%<), considering you kill A LOT of enemies, the chance to actually drop some "loot" from the grind is a big deal in both motivation and initiative to keep pushing forward.

The ODA boss fight is a step in the right direction. More of than on top of more coherent and spread out/specified drop tables + more item content/variety at each power tier should make for a better overall experience.

Forma 4 times even before 2.0 but even in 2.0 its still my end game rifle.  Besides a slight nerf on crit its still the best in my book.  I don't spray and pray like most people so i never had any worry about ammo consumption.  As far as machine gun type rifle, i'd say this rifle is hard to beat.  The next in line i would say Burston prime.

Top "tier" weapons should not be blocked by a RNG or clan wall. They should be available for all to get with ease.

Dude even the boltor is more powerful than the much more expensive dera in per shot yield. And nearly as pinpoint accurate.

Just slower projectile and lower ROF.

Clan tech should at least be great tier.

Edited by fatpig84

Dude even the boltor is more powerful than the much more expensive dera in per shot yield. And nearly as pinpoint accurate.

Just slower projectile and lower ROF.

Clan tech should at least be great tier.

Seriously. We Tenno should be able to do better in our labs than just reverse-engineer Corpus and Grineer tech, and Infested physiology. We have Orokin tech, for crying out loud - we can do better than that. Clan weapons should be very close to top tier - maybe not the very best tier of weapons, but they should be close.

If it won't be with our enemies' weapons, then we should get to work on designing better than what our enemies use.

+1 Gold Star to everyone suggesting fixes to make other weapons on the level of Soma or Synapse.

Lumps of coal to everyone suggesting even more nerfs without even considering what goes on in T3 Defense and Survival.

So... then... nerf enemies in T3 Defense and Survival after nerfing the more powerful weapons?

:T

It's standart progression in any game: the more lvl you have the more powerfull things you have acces to. In that case your post is looking silly.

In an RPG, sure.  Warframe's a shooter.

Then again, I'm just not a big fan of progression in general, and wish Warframe was more about skill than time spent on grinding for good gear.

Silly me, right?

Edited by NikolaiLev

Top "tier" weapons should not be blocked by a RNG or clan wall. They should be available for all to get with ease.

that would just reduce the game's life span for the crowd who only enjoys using top tier weapons, they will get bored with the game because they kill everything so fast and it would just make it boring. Generally, better weapons require higher mastery rank to unlock them so as to show that one has played the game for a decent or worthy amount of time.