Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 - "stormbringer"

[DE]Steve

You sir or madam,is out of your mind if you think this update is done right

There is tonness of flaws....tonness of QQ's....tonnes of ragggeeee....tonness of flame.....

If you think this is done right.......You might need a physician to check yourself if you're still SANE.

By the way,nice name DE staffs ....

You just cooked yourself a HUGE STORM.OF TROUBLE.

Name choice was intentional... yep. I knew it was going to be bumpy :(

perhaps a server wipe should be done... after DE devs re think economic values of items, but seeing as a soft epening of the beta has occured its prob a bit late. imo the opening should have happened well after all this new content/updates, how confusing for new players let alone alot of us. the patch wasnt completely successful, lots of people have chat probs or no chat at all, btw to those who have whats the global chat like? hows the online game for those of you that can drop in the games? for some of us its just not working at all. but none the less ill be here waiting for a fix. or maybe an uninstall would work? if no fix by tomorrow maybe ill try a new download and install? anyone having these problems tried?

any way the game to me is still really good and ill keep playing.

good luck to all Tenno.

Yep, sadly we slipped and missed our dates and have immovable timelines (stuff paid for in advance). I agree for sure we need more time but we won't get it. Time to crunch. We'll get the optional reset done soon and really buckle down to whip this into shape.

Appreciate your patience while we fix this up and make it shine.

People spending ungodly amounts of credits on fusion just to have a fully powered mod is not the point at all. Getting a fully leveled mod is supposed to take a long time, that is why even now the prices are so high if you try and fuse something all the way. It's a whole new system so you start at square one in regards to mods, there is no getting around it. You can either invest time or not, but you will get what you put in.

Then what was the point in having them keep our mods in the first place?

In the beginning, they made it sound like the fusion cores would actually be worth using - instead, I find them cost excessive amounts of credits to use. If I had known this from the beginning, I would've have sold all my mods to make up for it. Instead, I'm stuck with fusion cores that are worth crap and cost money to use. Either way, it's a lose.

That being said, something needs to be rethought of in how mods drop, especially skill mods. Having a whole slew of skill mods that you can't use is not only pointless, but upsetting. Hell, I'd prefer a weapon mod in place of an unusuable skill mod.

Maybe consider dropping mods for frames that the player actually has?

Again, scaling is still a big time issue. There is no reason why a soloist should have the same type/level of enemies as a four player team.

Id like for someone to make this new huge mess into some sort of easier way to understand. I dont have a lot of time to surf the forum or look for any other solutions, but if someone creates an easy-to-use guide, please send me a link via mail. I liked the old system, it was pretty head on. Level up, spend the points, get the mods and install the ones you like which gives you a benefit that you desire. Right now... Id be glad if someone would explain what do the card " icons" mean. there are 4x Fang like icons, and two line like icons. Plus, the fusion thing is really confusing. I got 109 mods left after the automatic conversion, but i cant fuse anything.

sigh.

Then what was the point in having them keep our mods in the first place?

In the beginning, they made it sound like the fusion cores would actually be worth using - instead, I find them cost excessive amounts of credits to use. If I had known this from the beginning, I would've have sold all my mods to make up for it. Instead, I'm stuck with fusion cores that are worth crap and cost money to use. Either way, it's a lose.

That being said, something needs to be rethought of in how mods drop, especially skill mods. Having a whole slew of skill mods that you can't use is not only pointless, but upsetting. Hell, I'd prefer a weapon mod in place of an unusuable skill mod.

Maybe consider dropping mods for frames that the player actually has?

Again, scaling is still a big time issue. There is no reason why a soloist should have the same type/level of enemies as a four player team.

Point was that you would spend your money wisely on the feature instead of just go all out in a sad attempt to be OP again. It's just like starting the game again with this system, you are going to have to invest some time to get powerful again.

Which amounts to a wipe, which we were told wasn't going to happen.

It's like starting the game again in terms of mods, your account is just like it was. They said there would be an overhaul, they never promised the exchange system, they have said an optional reset is on its way.

DE_Steve already admitted that the explanation was rushed out, not much you can argue about there.

Edited by G3rman

I have to say... I'm not to happy about this whole update... But from what I read. This was rushed to fast and to be honest it's not a Game over type feeling. But it will be a lot more helpful if they will put a way to make more money for doing mission or selling Mods for a good amount... Kind of sucks that it's costing me more money to make a better mod for my warframe while I have to do 20+ missions for the money. But mixing two of the same mods as well is a Great thing.

I like it... But I feel that a lot of the players was unready for this... It's like giving us DOOM and then just handing us CoD... I just wasn't ready for it...

are any developers of original 2005 Dark Sector concept still working in DE ?

Most of them are still with the company actually. A lot of the current DE devs are from UT and Dark Sector days.

nice

from this

to this

LOLOL. It's funny, because it's true.

i played for about a couple hours after i finished downloading, had to go to bed unfortunately cuz had been up for 50 odd hours (stoopid uni deadlines D: ), and i have to say you were right. the actual modding menu looks more complicated than it is, it just takes a bit to get used to/understand how everything slots in. on top of that, the new planetside based level are absolutely stunning, and added the physx particle effects overhaul (definitely feels like you've updated and made them even more prettier which is epic), so far im really happy with the game. i think most people that are raging dont really understand the concept of a closed beta- this is the place where overhauls, fixes, changes etc are done so that when the final product is released it's better. i understand people in general dont like change, and that the lost of all their beefed up frames seems like a blow, but have some patience. i lost some good mods for all my frames and weapons (i had 300% multishot on my hek, 200% on my gorgon with a 25% fire damage and 25% damage mod which i lost as well for example.), but rather that now than when the game is released really.

good work all the same, looking forward to playing and doing some livestreaming tonight when i get back from uni ^^

Point was that you would spend your money wisely on the feature instead of just go all out in a sad attempt to be OP again. It's just like starting the game again with this system, you are going to have to invest some time to get powerful again.

All out? I spent my credits to get my Rhino Skin back to high level. Then I got a melee crit augmentation up to 30%.

OH YEAH, WAY OP.

It's like starting the game again in terms of mods, your account is just like it was. They said there would be an overhaul, they never promised the exchange system, they have said an optional reset is on its way.

Your account is not the way it was. Before, we had some sort of stat boost. This would help compliment your mods so that you wouldn't get curb-stomped by slightly harder foes if you coudlnt' find the right ones.

Now it's just getting curb stomped.

Edited by Nyne

guys... i havent recieve the cbt weapon yet ._. i played closed beta btw and im a closed beta tester cuz i input a beta key on my account.. pls help me T_T THIS WILL RUIN MY WARFRAME LIFE!!! T_T

Whats is wrong with this patch.. only one think.. atm LVL weapon/warframes is only for Mod Energy nothing more.. 30 lvl warfeame can be weaker than 10 or 20 lvl only because player have no lucky to get proper Mods. In any of Warframe or Weapon u can put only ONE kind of some mods

We dont know now what Armor Warframe have, what is the rest of usefull stats like Crit Rate, Crit Dmg, Range, Charge DMG or Charge Speed. Its realy anoying.. I thought that this patch brings new fresh look on mods not nerv whole game system. ATM with 4 ppl its hard to kill Hyena...

Im sitting on Toystoy and wish get luck to get some usefull mods.. dont know when and if i go do something new. Now even if you have lvl there is no point to go do higher lvl mission becaus weapon are much weaker, warframe too.. its kinda sux for me and this &!$$ed me off.

I like new mod system but dont undestand for what they remove all what weapons and warframe get from lvling.

Remove Skill Tree - OK

but add something like in other games.. with lvl warframes they get some basic stats - Hp. Shield, Armor, Power... Same with weapon - Dmg, Fire Rate, Cirt .. depedns on weapon/warframe type. Atm I dont know where i can use my 4th skill abilitty on Ash because its cost 125 power and I cant get nothig what can increase my Power Capacity.

Edited by Dreed