Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 - "stormbringer"

[DE]Steve

While all feedback is essential for understanding how the development of a game is going, you sound like an incredibly self entitled child.

The majority of your post on condecending and demanding which is completely and utterly uncecessary.

Often the way with programmer/engineer types. Can't boil an egg, buys a new shirt if their shirt loses a button, but because they know C# they think they're enrico fermi

I dont wanna be sad, I like how inventive you guys are being with this game, but seriously, this last update is not ok. I have suddenly gone from soloing 13+ levels, which yeah I know isn't all that much, to HAVING TO USE A REVIVE ON THE FIRST LEVEL. WTF. All the work I put in means nothing, because my lvl 25 loki, and lvl 12 rhino are both useless. All my guns that used to be awesome now suck $&*^. I understand you had to do this to make the game better, but really, if its gonna be mostly mod based, can we be given some initial mods to start with? xx

Often the way with programmer/engineer types. Can't boil an egg, buys a new shirt if their shirt loses a button, but because they know C# they think they're enrico fermi

I think most people these days (given the prevalence of betas) don't really understand the concept of a beta. These things are not set in stone and we are here to tell them what doesn't feel right or is unbalanced and they'll reasses everything, it's just jarring sometimes seeing such overly hostile attitudes from people when they are play testing a game. Alas, each to their own and their view still helps the devs.

Err, enjoy the game still the last patch.

My Frost with all weapons rank 30 used to soloes in map Pluto but now he's just a weak guy who dies in any map? I feel sorry for Frost and rage with this patch.

All my rare mods and my time become a waste.

p/s: sr for my bad english.

Note, a lot of this below is based on my own experiences, and likely speak to a universal player experience. It'd be nice to hear from other players.

For the record you guys screwed up with this patch. I'm not saying the content or ideas are bad or terrible or something I can't get used to, but I am saying this could have been handled much better.

* Wiping our mod progress is, at the very least, annoying. I would have vastly preferred wiping our weapon xp, wiping our warframe xp, wiping artifacts, wiping anything other than mods. I had my weapons configured to my liking. Now they're all useless crap and I have to start over again from square one. I'm not saying I can't get used to the new system or that it's bad, I just think wiping our progress was a TERRIBLE idea. You could have at least given us equivalent cards. Your primary task now should be to provide some kind of remedy for this to your rightfully annoyed community. I understand this is a beta and things change but you really need to make amends here.

Further, just an aside to state that even though the non-mod nodes seemed like "filler," they had the effect of giving levels up some sense of upgrade even though the mods were "better," the regular updates had a sense of progress. A level 7 gun felt like a level 7 gun, whereas a level 15 gun had a bit more punch, a better reload, and more established capability. So while the difference between a level 15 and 30 guns were miles apart without mods, they were miles further from a level 30 gun with 200% Multishot and damage boosters and several-part mods.

Now, mods are everything. A level 30 gun is precisely the same as a level 0 gun, which are similar enough to a gun with 2 mods assuming the modder doesn't have ~60,000 credits to upgrade either one. As I understood it, this system was meant to bridge the gap between late game and early game players, making it more co-operative and playful across several level gaps and styles. Now it seems to be a farmer's market, favoring players with massive banks and more time to pour into mod hunting.

This had the unfortunate side effect of not other furthering the player gap, but also removing any sense of progress the game held for players, unless they did much mod farming or money hoarding. The differences are viciously vast.

* I'm not discussing the pros and cons of the card system, but I need to point out that I had ZERO idea what any of it meant. The previous system was, at the very least, something I could figure out on my own. This is not. Never, NEVER make a huge system change like that without walking people through it first so that people know WTF is going on. Your change list was insufficient at explaining what any of it meant. I'm not an idiot either, I'm a college graduate with a higher than normal IQ who has played computer games almost daily for 15 years and works as a programmer. I only mention this to point out it is a cryptic system that needs vastly better UX. Your secondary task now should be to refine and fix this.

Failing that, at least give the players a basic sense of it. While the system isn't complicated once it gets going, it does feel like it punishes the player unless they want to make major sacrifices for skills or shields while leveling. Like the weapon trees, this doesn't really give the player much agency for builds, rather requiring they invest many levels, mods, and money to get to the point where they can play.

While I guess this has the added side effect of forcing co-op, but without a larger player population, it makes hunting for items in higher difficulty zones (like Control Modules or Neural Sensors) come to a dead-stop until players can invest the time and credits to upgrade to even a quarter of the levels beforehand.

* As everyone else has mentioned, credit costs for fusions are WAY out of line. A month of accumulating credits in this game down the drain so I could ALMOST max out about 6 of my powers. Considering I have 6 warframes @ 4 powers each, that means it would take me 4 months of playing to get even close to where I was before. I am not that patient. The previous amount of time was stretching my patience as it was. I'd say it was previously within ~ the last 20% of my pateince limit, relative to losing interest in the game because things take took too long. Note the large differential between 20% and 400%

This comes across as a touch petulant, but the point is sound. Unless a player is willing to pour several million in credits toward consistent upgrades, the likelihood of reaching any higher levels solo is nigh unreachable. And for those of us with even just two or more Warframes, and two or more weapons of each type, that brings the several million higher by exponential degrees. It moves the "end game" goalposts from investing casual hours several times a week to casual days several times a month.

EDIT - Post-patch, the prices feel a lot lower, which is good, but I can't speak to if it's too low or too high as I've bankrupted myeslf on upgrades made so-far. I'll know more once I've put some money in, but as it is now, I'd argue it might be a bit too cheap to upgrade now, as I've gone from no upgrades to 50% bonuses in 6k or so. I think making each upgrade comparable to a foundry construction seem plausible. 10k to 15, to 20, etc. Depends on how much money players have lying around though, and how much they make on selling items post-patch.

These are just my first impressions, but the prices are much better, if a tiny bit low.

* I don't know if the difficulty has changed or not, but it sure seems like it's even harder than before. I can't get through the first few missions of Mercury without dying more than 4 times. This never happened during the previous month.

I think this reflects the lack of "filler" upgrade progress as well as the utter lack of mods. Without any major shielding or armor to speak of, I've seen Warframes die 2-5 times on level 5 enemies. Just my observation.

Edited by NewClassic

I am not a young gamer I am a working blue collar redneck from n.c. and well with update 7 you have lost all my interest took away all my mods with nothing in return and frankly this is making no sense to me I like the pet thing but I am not liking the inability to completely understand all the changes where are the laymen's explanation's frankly I must say if I bought this at the store I would take it back. This is just my opinion and to be honest I want my money and time back that has been invested into playing this game. I know I will not get it and no I am not whining but well it seems this new system is a little difficult to the "average joe" . Just my honest opinion. Please refrain from horse whipping me on here.

Guest _Woz_

I am not a young gamer I am a working blue collar redneck from n.c. and well with update 7 you have lost all my interest took away all my mods with nothing in return and frankly this is making no sense to me I like the pet thing but I am not liking the inability to completely understand all the changes where are the laymen's explanation's frankly I must say if I bought this at the store I would take it back. This is just my opinion and to be honest I want my money and time back that has been invested into playing this game. I know I will not get it and no I am not whining but well it seems this new system is a little difficult to the "average joe" . Just my honest opinion. Please refrain from horse whipping me on here.

This is essentialy what I said a little while ago. I really do want my money back. The new patch is all but unplayable. I too, at rank 30, with rank 30 weapons am dying against rank 2-4 guys. There is no fun in this at all at this point.

Pleae Dev's, let me have my money back or at least part of it.

You clearly have no idea who programmers are if you think we're about to get off our lazy asses and go out to buy a shirt just because it lost a button.

Also, you might want to say C++. C# isn't nearly as great as you'd like to think it is.

The way I see it U7 is just one big nerf.

The same thing (or similar) could have been done using the old system without any need for silly poker-cards.

Card = warframe/weapon attachment that can be tweaked/upgraded with fusin core

"high-tech attachment" system makes more sense and is more cool than "manga-like-card" system

And don't get me started on flying monkies above ninja's head !!!!!!

Edited by Strac_CRO

I truly regret spending money on this now. This is hardly the game I bought in to. $50 down the drain.

Thank you so much for flushing weeks worth of work and fun down the toilet.

Any chance I can get my money back and you close my account? Hell, you can have my extra Beta keys too.

You speak as if this were a finished game. You could have enjoyed without spending a dime. I love it and have only ever spent $20. Still 8plat. LoL

But you should check back after some time. Later

i would like to point out that with the new update, you can't back out of the arsenal when adjusting colors.

After adjusting your colours, press Escape. It has saved every single time I've done it.

Not a great work around, but hey, it works.

Blocking with Melee>.....

I dont understand how blocking reduces stamina DRASTICALLY over time when U're not even parrying anything...

Seriously?

And I cant Block MELEE STRIKE.

What sort of Parry is this?

I can PARRY BULLETS BUT NOT MELEE?

*FACEPALM*

Suggestion:Make Block/Parry Stance only drains Stamina when it ACTUALLY DID PARRY SOMETHING,AND THE STAMINA DRAIN IS PROPOTIONAL TO THE IMPACT YOU TAKE FROM IT.

We are Tenno,Master Of Blade and Gun,not a Wimpy Guy that cant parry even a fistticuff attack.

Edited by R4YCH40S

Few days ago I downloaded BF3 "End Game" 6GB patch + 4GB DLC.

Instead of playing it I went to Uranus trying to get Ash System BP

I'm back to BF:BC2 and BF3 until U7 mess is fixed (crap = sentinels, cards, parry, stealth attack etc.)

@ 174298 ... I don't know, I haven't played BF series for 2 months due to warframe. + I like BF:BC2 more than BF3.

Edited by Strac_CRO

Few days ago I downloaded BF3 "End Game" 6GB patch + 4GB DLC.

Instead of playing it I went to Uranus trying to get Ash System BP

I'm back to BF:BC2 and BF3 until U7 mess is fixed (crap = sentinels, cards, parry, stealth attack etc.)

you don't have lost connection issue?(in bf)