Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 - "stormbringer"

[DE]Steve

I just want to ask why?! Why did you change this game so much and make all of the play time and being a founder worthless? This is not the game that I supported. This update destoryed the game for me and I want my money back!! I am not supporting a game company that bait and switchs people with one thing then completely changes everything that I loved about this game, making it so confusing, so grinding and making all the time played from being a founder worthless. Worst update I have ever seen in any game to date. Thank you for killing this game for me.

You... could have waited to buy/upgrade a pack until after the update hit.

I was at Master and didn't upgrade until AFTER I took a look at update 7 in order to cut my losses if I didn't like what I saw. I liked what I saw, so I went ahead and upgraded.

You can't really blame DE for your own short-sightedness, sorry. You knew that big changes were coming, you knew that all of your old mods were going to be nothing but fusion fuel. They announced this several times. Beta or not, you threw money at something before it was even finished yet, and before you knew what it was going to be like at the end of the day.

Edited by Earthworm_Jim

woa so much discussion here.

at first I hate the changes. it's too radical and as a person who played from a long time since early-to-mid closed beta, I know I shouldn't complain too much because.... well, we can't get everything we want.

but after I play it for hours.... god, I love the changes! I almost left the game because there's nothing interested me before, but now I can feel the heat once again. farming mod and gold.... I don't even care if it looks repetitive. I let my lv 30 excalibur to sit quitely, and improving my rhino and ember. started from mercury once again, climbing step-by-step once again just like i never played this game before.

New system is garbage - i dont like it at all this grind i cant image how much now i need to grind :( 2bad they want us to like it, i think i stop play this game for some time and uninstall it if they dont change anything.Stop this grindfest.

Cash shop also has to be tested before they launch. What doesn't have to happen is you don't have to spend a dime. He spent $250 on a game to support the developer, which griping without offering constructive critiques does not do. $250 does not buy you hundred of dollar of whine time.

Money talks, though. If he's made an investment then I believe he has every right to complain if the product isn't being shaped in a way that he finds acceptable. Do the developers have to listen to him? No, not at all. He did however spend a fair sum of money on a game that helps keep it f2p and keeps the company afloat.

While I don't agree with some of the things said I do agree that the beta excuse is a weak one. I expected a reset after OBT anyway so this is pretty much similar to that.

same problem here if i switch from computer i get this the whole time

It goes without saying, make sure you have the ports forwarded on both your router's fire wall and your computer's fire wall. Make sure, in some cases, the application has an exception in the fire wall as well (this is most notable in Windows Defender). Forward both UDP and TCP just to be on the safe side. Lastly, make sure your router is set to lease you a STATIC IP address.

If all else fails, change what ports it uses in the option menu and try to forward those as well. You can also try to disable your computer fire wall (if you have one) momentarily and see if that makes a difference. Try to troubleshoot it down more narrow if you can't get it to actually work.

Edited by Lorias

I just want to ask why?! Why did you change this game so much and make all of the play time and being a founder worthless? This is not the game that I supported. This update destoryed the game for me and I want my money back!! I am not supporting a game company that bait and switchs people with one thing then completely changes everything that I loved about this game, making it so confusing, so grinding and making all the time played from being a founder worthless. Worst update I have ever seen in any game to date. Thank you for killing this game for me.

I can understand you man, I have the same problem as you. I spent around 200hrs in game farming/looting mods and now dis update? NO THANKS ! I WANT MY MONEY BACK OR OTHER (BETTER!) UPDATE ON THIS GAME OR THIS GAME IS DEAD FOR ME!

You hear the beta argument because it is a legitimate argument. All of you who come into a closed or open beta under the illusion that it's a free ride really need to learn a thing or two about the gaming industry. Beta's were introduced because companies found out early on that you can get free testing for your game by allowing players to do it for you. What you are agreeing to, by participating in the beta, is for the game to change in any way, shape, or form, at any time. Until the game is in Release Candidate, you really have no excuse to complain about changes.

The game was also a grindfest before this. What did you call it before? I sure as hell wasn't getting all the amazing RNG you got before this update, because my mods were pretty crap.

free ride? i put money to support the game, because i liked the direction it was headed, i dont like it now, do you have problems getting that?

also, dont lecture me about the gaming industry, i work on it so i know the difference between a beta to test stuff, or a comercial demo to start a crowdfunding project, i have every right to complain about changes, and you cant tell me otherwise.

It's all about testing what mechanics and features work and which do not. So yes... It's beta.

But if you are level 30 then you are not lvl 1. At lvl 30 you have a mod capacity of 30. At level 1 you have a mod capacity of 1. If you are lvl 30 and you have a potato on your warframe, then you have a mod capacity of 60.

potato or no potato, lvl number is worthless now UNLESS you have the mods you need, which you get either by grinding the same missions i did a thousand times or spending money to get boosters from the market, but you all keep saying all this piece of trash system is alrigh because its beta, right?

... If you are coming in as a new player, that is: A player who does not have any warframes or equipment already leveled, you will get the same sense of progression as a tree would because you have to kill lots of things to get to level 30, and in killing lots of things you will find lots of mods. A lot of the closed beta players are complaining about having 20, 30, 80 pages of mods that are now nothing but fusion fuel. Imagine if you had started after this update hit and got 20 - 80 pages of mods? You probably wouldn't give a sh!t anymore because you would have everything you could possibly ever want or need.

You aren't complaining about the system. Stop trying to pass it off as that. You're angry that you did a lot of work to build up all your warframes to be strong, and all that was thrown out the window because the devs want to try something different. That is fine. Nobody is going to fault you for being angry that the work you did has been undone. However, stop trying to pass it off as the new system being bad. You don't know if it's bad; you haven't even tried it yet.

of course im complaining about all the time i wasted and the amount of time i am now asked to spend in the game, to get anywhere near where i was before, when did i try to hide that?

and i know its bad, i tried it, its completely luck based there is no lvl progression anymore, its all RNG, with the only exception of the mods you get in the market for REAL MONEY which, while being still random you can be sure that you will get at least 2 rares.

but hey, im sure the system is fine right?

This is a completely different argument. Having a cash shop in a beta has been an issue for a while now, and is still the subject of debate among a lot of gamers and companies. Obviously in some cases it works, and in others (warhammer heroes anyone?) it doesn't. Do I completely agree with it? No, in fact I don't. Like I said however, that is a subject for another argument.

It does not, however, have any bearing on what a beta actually is. When you give money during a beta or even alpha progress, you are still in theory bound by the beta agreement. May you ask for a refund? By some laws, yeah you can. However, the money you are giving is deemed as a donation and support of the game, and not indicitive of the final product. This is a testing phase, any money you throw at the game is your own priority.

Oh, its a different argument uh? spending money in beta has no weight whatsoever in how you perceive the game uh?

how much money you put in the game to support the dev team? none? right, please dont lecture me in what i can and cannot say.

I'm in the gaming industry too. I have every right to lecture you. You should know this stuff. Use your head.

Also, you seem to be massively entitled. Take a step back and cool down.

Edited by Lorias

Guest SpFinX

One thing to say, this is freaking awesome update.

- New mod system that allows to dump mods that you don't need for good

- Charge-up bow. That's the sniper rifle i really wanted. No need for scope anymore ;P

- Some real daggers. Really matching each other (unlike dual scana and heat swords - i hated that a longer one is held in left hand)

- Endless defence. No comments. it's just awesome.

- You fixed damned OP multishot. I enjoed it, but it was a right thing to do.

- Real open space levels. Sniping rocks even more now ^^

I guess you've earned at least 1/4 or 1/3 of my next work payment guys ^^

P.S. For everyone complaining about lost mods and "soft reset" - are you really here to just farm mods/get equipment/get OP/etc? You call it "farm"? Don't you enjoy killing all that thousands of bots at all? If you don't, then what are you doing here?

Edited by SpFinX

Still zero information in game as to what anything does or how it works. I think this is better, but I'm not in the mood to figure it out at the moment. Love the game though, so i'll mess with it later today :) Change hurts!

P.S. For everyone complaining about lost mods and "soft reset" - are you really here to just farm mods/get equipment/get OP/etc? You call it "farm"? Don't you enjoy killing all that thousands of bots at all? If you don't, then what are you doing here?

Irrelevant point. You play a game to get somewhere - that somewhere is to improve your weapons and/or your frame, in this case. Killing things for the sake of killing things is boring and NOT fun. If i needed to do that, i'd go play another game.

I'm in the gaming industry too. I have every right to lecture you. You should know this stuff. Use your head.

Also, you seem to be massively entitled. Take a step back and cool down.

again, no, you dont.

oh look, the 'entitled' argument, no again.

and no, i dont need to cool down, it seems like all you can write is praise for every change introduced in the update,

if you dont you get attacked because you're crying, whining or whatever you call it, and at the same time im the one who needs to cool down.

no, i dont like it, this change besides throwing all progression out of the window turns the game to something pure luck based and on the p2w side.

lol.-

New Mod system is pretty awesome for customizeability, however I do worry it's gonna be a bit hard for dosh needs. Not so much for the Fusion Cores (I got 5 pages of them from my old collection >_>) though 20k to max a mod out with fusion cores seems... excessive. It's also decent enough to find the mod system, after a bit of logic is applied (Protip: If your Warframe or weapon has extra symbols on it, it allows you to decrease the price on the mods if you match a mod symbol to your Warframe/Weapon slot!). I got the new bow's blueprints and anxiously waiting on testing it out, LOVE the low overhead cost on it in parts in comparison to most all the weapons (ALLOY PLAAAAAAAATES!!!) and looking forward to upgrading my crew again.

Also, a bit of a note to people: Upgrading your Weapons/Warframes via potatos is different now: You'll simply upgrade the amount of power your Warframe can cover, from 30 max to 60 max, if my Volt is correct.

again, no, you dont.

oh look, the 'entitled' argument, no again.

and no, i dont need to cool down, it seems like all you can write is praise for every change introduced in the update,

if you dont you get attacked because you're crying, whining or whatever you call it, and at the same time im the one who needs to cool down.

no, i dont like it, this change besides throwing all progression out of the window turns the game to something pure luck based and on the p2w side.

lol.-

And all you can write sounds like a raving lunatic of a child who just spent his christmas money on a testing phase of a game that he KNEW could change.

Again, take a step back and settle down.