Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 - "stormbringer"

[DE]Steve

You can find Mods and Fusion Cores... But it's important that you can find many duplicates of the same "Mods".

These these fuse more efficiently if done right.

To progress Volt's Electric Shield to Rare lvl 2 I may have to fuse a bunch of common mods which may cost 10s of thousands in credits.

But if you fuse a couple like Mods, say Volt Electric Shield + Volt Electric Shield, will cost only 2,000 and still yield a Volt Electric Shield lvl 2.

These ability mods and many others are not Fusion Cores but seem to fuse more efficiently than even rare Fusion Cores--give or take.

Still tinkering.

**I love that I can find a single speed mod and just keep fusing the heck out of it how I see fit.

"Waah I want my money back"

Are you guys actually serious?

You are playing a beta, jesus, I'm getting sick of saying this in every beta game I play, you are here to TEST NEW UNTESTED FEATURES of an UNREALEASED BETA GAME, now I'm not too sure, but I thought this was made abundantly clear to me when I actually signed up for this game.

I'm here to test

I'm here to report ALL issues I find with the game and report them all in a clear and concise manner so I can help the dev team that I've put my faith and cash into.

I'm not here to $#*(@ and moan about everything like a self entitled child, show some respect for the team that has given you all however many hours of entertainment so far from playing Warfame and seriously, have a little faith.

It really makes me ashamed sometimes to be part of communities that attack the devs over every minor change in a beta game, this isn't EA or SOE or Activision that just want your money so can we all just take a chill pill?

At least thanks to the disgruntled people that have actually put their points accross without having a S#&$ fit over it.

Update 7: "Stormbringer"

Prepare yourselves, Tenno.

We have 'soft launched' open beta! To celebrate this we are bringing you this massive update! A ground-based environment. A radical redesign of the Mod system. Two new deadly Warframes. New weapons including a deadly silent bow. Our distribution servers are getting slammed. Its a storm alright!

NOTE: Respec required due to a massive overhaul of the Upgrade ("Mods") system! New Mods need to be found for your gear! Any old Mods are super valuable to level-up new Mods using the Fusion system!

Additions:

Global Chat - an overhauled communication system for region, clan and squad chat!

Stealth Attacks - sneaking up on unaware enemies now yields stealth attack options with melee weapons.

Sentinels - customize and program a Sentinel “pet” to accompany you on missions.

Saryn - a deadly and beautiful Warframe whose poisonous attacks can dissolve organic and synthetic material.

Banshee - a sonic Warframe capable of filling both Attack and Support roles.

Viper - a Grineer-manufactured, full-auto Light Pistol.

Paris - a Tenno Hunting Bow that launches arrows with a chargeable magnetic field.

Fang - a matching pair of razor-sharp daggers with accelerated attack speed.

Corpus Outpost - a new Corpus base of operation in a chilling outdoor environment!

Dojo challenges - test your skill as a Tenno warrior with new Dojo rank-up challenges!

Endless Defense - a new defense mission type. Survive longer for escalating rewards!

New moves - Ground Attacks, smart-actions for finishing off downed enemies (no more jumping)!

New colors - new palettes added to the store, as well as a bundle to get them all at reduced cost!

Changes:

Mods re-imagined - Please visit our forums to see details on how the new system works! Old Mods can feed the new system with the fusion system!

Weapon placement - a pass to reduce clipping and holster positions.

Weapon Balancing - almost every weapon has been tuned, see complete list in the FORUMS.

New male and female Tenno prisoner model added. "Naked Nick" has been returned to cryo-sleep.

Balance fixes for over-ranged Warframe powers. Additional upgrade tier added for the new Mod system.

Stealth improvements - AI reaction and alert states have been tuned to make stealth play more viable.

Fixes:

Fix for burst weapons firing an extra burst if player double clicks quickly.

Player/AI should no longer fall when teleporting on to stairs.

Fixed Warframes not receiving XP for using abilities.

Fixed an issue with Nyx Mind Control being flagged as "in use" if target dies.

Fixed pressing Alt in a menu pausing the game.

AI should no longer open locked passkey doors.

Fixed radial disarm not working against Grineer enemies.

Fix for crashes caused by unsupported resolutions.

Fixed an issue with boss names after a host migration.

Fixed an issue with ragdolls being "pinned" in mid air.

Removed lens flare from arsenal background.

Fixed Jackal shaking for Clients during intro cinematic.

Ice/Fire hazards will no longer appear in the first few levels.

Fixed an issue with aspect ratio not calculating correctly on a second monitor.

Localization:

154 German updates from Clemonde, philversprechend

162 Spanish updates from DeadlyShadow, SgtSpectre

277 French updates from Kreylan, ignisterra

147 Italian updates from kreel

442 Japanese updates from Gashin, HanbunDake, k1sEy, lunarian, WhiteNekophus

444 Polish updates from iffyJinx, SabreUr, Wac3, barrakketh, fithvael

333 Portuguese updates from Azdragoras, Goggles, ruivoml, Kysuke, AbnerFreitas

409 Russian updates from B1ind, Dyshes, FedorHooch, Grayscarr, Moloxix, NGRazeR

339 Ukrainian updates from BlooDONER, dantistnfs, snakusoid

273 Chinese updates from AlexLee, Krisstina, AminoaCow, Lukeasgard

94 Spanish updates from DeadlyShadow, SgtSpectre

649 Korean updates from Beowulf

A huge thanks to our localization team - you guys did an amazing amount of work!

MODS 2.0 details (doc makes it sound more complex that it is though): https://forums.warfr...20-in-update-7/

HOT FIXED:

Some hitches and crashing

Problem where the grenade explosion on jackal was playing multiple sounds at once (Lead approved)

Added FX event for the slowmotion Boss slice's top & bottom halves

Update beta label

Another guard against cascading "login failed" popups

Fixed hand positions to closer match idle, fixed shoulder issue, added motion to bow, added sublte body posture for each direction

Clear active session count when switching to solo mode

Auxillary attachment 'arrow' z offset set to .68 -arrow flights no longer in hand

Rifle weapon UI component not hiding after switching to Sentinel View without a sentinel (clicking would cause a script error and break the UI)

Default upgrade initial level is now 0 instead of 1

Fix chat breaking when scrolling user list

We are to underpowered im getting downed in like five shots its ridiculous you hvae to nerf the enemies.

Blocking with Melee>.....

I dont understand how blocking reduces stamina DRASTICALLY over time when U're not even parrying anything...

Seriously?

And I cant Block MELEE STRIKE.

What sort of Parry is this?

I can PARRY BULLETS BUT NOT MELEE?

*FACEPALM*

Suggestion:Make Block/Parry Stance only drains Stamina when it ACTUALLY DID PARRY SOMETHING,AND THE STAMINA DRAIN IS PROPOTIONAL TO THE IMPACT YOU TAKE FROM IT.

We are Tenno,Master Of Blade and Gun,not a Wimpy Guy that cant parry even a fistticuff attack.

If block didn't drain over time it would slow up the game. It's more a bout timing now, which I feel it's more skill based. You will want to trick out your stamina. But I look forward to timing my blocks so it goes up just in time to block an in-coming attack and not just me sitting there with my blade up foolishly expecting someone to attack my blocking stance. Good way to get teleported by a Commander. Or upset the other waiting teammates.

YES. Blocking melee strikes is a must!!

"Waah I want my money back"

Are you guys actually serious?

You are playing a beta, jesus, I'm getting sick of saying this in every beta game I play, you are here to TEST NEW UNTESTED FEATURES of an UNREALEASED BETA GAME, now I'm not too sure, but I thought this was made abundantly clear to me when I actually signed up for this game.

I'm here to test

I'm here to report ALL issues I find with the game and report them all in a clear and concise manner so I can help the dev team that I've put my faith and cash into.

I'm not here to $#*(@ and moan about everything like a self entitled child, show some respect for the team that has given you all however many hours of entertainment so far from playing Warfame and seriously, have a little faith.

It really makes me ashamed sometimes to be part of communities that attack the devs over every minor change in a beta game, this isn't EA or SOE or Activision that just want your money so can we all just take a chill pill?

At least thanks to the disgruntled people that have actually put their points accross without having a S#&$ fit over it.

+3

Whether or not this is "just a beta" is relevant, but the issue arises of "how will things happen after launch". If this sort of development behavior continues post-launch then they might have other problems. Pointing out issues *IS* beta testing. Beta testing does not just involve testing the game code but also the entire development and community process that goes with it. I do like the new system but how it was pushed out has issues, which is why I provided feedback. Whether or not the system is good was not the issue I was trying to point out (other than the UX issues and prices).

Edited by mrecentric

If block didn't drain over time it would slow up the game. It's more a bout timing now, which I feel it's more skill based. You will want to trick out your stamina. But I look forward to timing my blocks so it goes up just in time to block an in-coming attack and not just me sitting there with my blade up foolishly expecting someone to attack my blocking stance. Good way to get teleported by a Commander. Or upset the other waiting teammates.

YES. Blocking melee strikes is a must!!

Well,Im the kind of person that prefers blocking.And blocking,by default,shouldn't consume too much stamina over time.

Also ,by making parry stance doesnt drain stamina when not doin anything,it allows you to play the role of tank.Abrief.

Even I can hold that pose for one hour plus LOL.

Also,I dont see the difference of parrying bullets.

Bullets shot me 15 damage.okay....

Bullets still shot me for 15 damage after I see myself parrying em.....LOL

Are you kidding me????

At least let me eat part of damage,NOT ALL OF DAMAGE.

I'd like it if this game had mechanism like DMC's "Just-Block" feature.

To make it Warframe style>

When you flash out a parry exactly on time;you deflect the bullets back to whoever shots you.

If melee,quickly counter with an attack that can directly staggers foes briefly.

Edited by R4YCH40S

Whelp guess i just have to pop in and say i love this update! so much more to work towards! so much more interesting things to have!

To all those who are unhappy that their mod piles are not as usefull, realise that you'll have this level of starting over on the official launch when ALL progress will vanish! so don't worry so much.

I must admit a few random starting mods would have been nice, but i can handle things. it's actually nice to find the low level missions my difficulty again :)

So hats off to you guys! i love it and am amazed at all the rapid fixes coming out! don't work yourself sick guys!

As far as what is planned the reset on launch is optional. This is still subject to change, but DE_Steve has said time and time again that either you can keep everything or wipe your stuff but the exclusives like founders gear and vandal stuff and get all your plat back.

I'm not sure how much I like the changes in this update. So far, I haven't experienced the "log in -> crash -> log in -> join mission -> crash -> log in -> join and finish mission" scenario since Update 6. So that's a potential huge plus (need at least a week or two to see if it still occurs). My immediate reaction was a sizeable dislike towards the removal of the skill tree system and the new mod system (again, need a week or two for adjustment) as the effort I put in to tricking out my gear is gone.

I admit, it was amusing to watch my Rhino run around with his arms crossed at the elbow infront of him for 10 seconds (stuck in the dual heatblade charge), not being able to shoot or melee while this was occuring was not.

My melee attacks can't seem to decide if they're going to be regular attacks, charges, or unsheathe and sheath without doing anything (as if my warframe was contemplating whether evisceration via Scindo or perforation via Boltor would be better [he even looked at the Scindo before putting it back!]). I've also found charge attacks occasionally turn into normal attacks.

Frantic mashing of "e" resulted in delayed melee attacks that suspended control over my warframe. I'm pretty sure I wasn't blocking as 1) I never knew blocking existed and 2) it is, seemingly by default, bound to Mouse 4. My mouse has 3 buttons.

I could only watch helplessly as 8 Grineer, 3 spike balls, and a couple Heavy Grineer surrounded my Rhino as he was trying to perform a melee attack (or, consideration of a melee attack) for every strike of "e", perma-stagger, and then down him in a couple shots (while the rest of my team was being slaughtered at a distance).

I had just landed an orokin reactor yesterday too. At least I had a taste of what it was like to have 400+ shields, ~270 health and 300 energy. It was....magnificent. Now, it's like my frame never learned nor remembers how to reload, my guns are abysmal and my Scindo may as well be bouncing off of armor for all the good it does.

I am glad the reactors are not longer a boundary for how good a frame can be, but at the same time, relying on random drops feels like a worse system. I had about a million credits which was enough for me to do what I wanted when customizing, but now it's worth an order of magnitude less.

EDIT:

I'll need to find an elemental mod to see if the elemental effects lag around their respective weapons like in the last patch (worked perfectly prior to it).

Edited by Rand0mNumbers

I just came to my senses from yesterday's shock of losing all the mods and being back to infant stage and I have to say that although this update has pretty good ideas,some things had to bee thought more thorougly,eg we should have some mods to start out with from the 100+ pages of mods most of us had.Anyway we'll see in the future,I am optimistic.I came here to say that I think that the new mod system is even more OP than the last,just made a +300 % health mod,so i suspect that if there is not a limit in how much the mods can be leveled up,we are in more trouble than before. And i laughed real hard when i died from a grineer blade while blocking a storm of bullets thank you :D

Edited by Blackhog

Hotfix just went up that seems to have made some pretty massive changes to the fusion system. Rare 10 Fusion = 8800, Uncommon 10 Fusion = 4400, maxing out the multishot mod I was looking at from before is around 100k down from close to 600k, also taking fewer fusion cores. Tested a common base 10% AP mod, put 1 Rare 10 Fusion in and it max ranked it. These are great changes, however I feel as though maybe a DB rollback (if possible) to recover people's used mods/money might be in order.

This update was done right. Even introducing a brand new system to get used to it still added to the fun. Very well done.

You sir or madam,is out of your mind if you think this update is done right

There is tonness of flaws....tonness of QQ's....tonnes of ragggeeee....tonness of flame.....

If you think this is done right.......You might need a physician to check yourself if you're still SANE.

By the way,nice name DE staffs ....

You just cooked yourself a HUGE STORM.OF TROUBLE.

Edited by R4YCH40S

While i feel this will greatly improve end game, you pretty much made the beginning ungodly hard. I just went through Venus and exhausted all of my revives in one mission and that's with some of the "cards" and some (what used to be) decent weapons.

Before the update I felt like a god rampaging through wave after wave of enemies without any real threat, now I feel like a kid getting curb stomped by sasquach. I just hope you guys can find that balance between the two.

It's nice they applied the hotfix AFTER I spent my cash reserves.

Anyways, I beileve it's just the scale of enemies seem much too hard for what you can do. A level 30 frame now means very little at all without any base stat increases at all.

People should still be able to Solo if they want - after all, the option is still there.

This update absolutely forces people to play together (I like to solo sometimes due to lag issues, is that so wrong?!) and also makes the game unbearably hard at the beginning. I feel like such a pinner running a level 30 rhino through Mercury.

In any case, I'll give it another shot. The fusion core conversion was a terrible idea though - pages of mods just lost; the worst part being that they COST MORE RESOURCES TO USE. Ugh.

People spending ungodly amounts of credits on fusion just to have a fully powered mod is not the point at all. Getting a fully leveled mod is supposed to take a long time, that is why even now the prices are so high if you try and fuse something all the way. It's a whole new system so you start at square one in regards to mods, there is no getting around it. You can either invest time or not, but you will get what you put in.

perhaps a server wipe should be done... after DE devs re think economic values of items, but seeing as a soft epening of the beta has occured its prob a bit late. imo the opening should have happened well after all this new content/updates, how confusing for new players let alone alot of us. the patch wasnt completely successful, lots of people have chat probs or no chat at all, btw to those who have whats the global chat like? hows the online game for those of you that can drop in the games? for some of us its just not working at all. but none the less ill be here waiting for a fix. or maybe an uninstall would work? if no fix by tomorrow maybe ill try a new download and install? anyone having these problems tried?

any way the game to me is still really good and ill keep playing.

good luck to all Tenno.

Edited by Deek