Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7 - "stormbringer"

[DE]Steve

Am I the only one that liked the new system? It feels like building your own warframe. Mods drop quite often and you can level them up. They increased the mission rewards for about twice the credits too. It makes you think "Do I really use this skill?" and ditch it in order to improve other things?. It is a lot of money to level them up, yes.

Sentinels are my favorite part of the update! I love my floating deformed sea horse fetus <3 It is very useful! it has saved me a few times. The banshee's 4th skill is kind of strange, but cool. Also the bow! First I was "Bow and arrow!? How unfitting!" Then I saw the picture of the banshee with the bow and it looked cool. But really using the bow is the most satisfactory thing ever. You enjoy shooting that thing somehow.

It is already 4am and I can't get enough from this update!

Yeah I just popped my bow out of the foundry and imho it's great fun!

The guy a few pages back who said "omg it's just a rifle" I really don't know what he was expecting: it looks like a bow, sounds like a bow, shoots a projectile, the projectile arcs down in flight, the weapon has a draw time, you can hold your shot... i dunno, seems like a pretty complete videogame bow to me.

And @Alan: I like the new system but 1 or 2 hotfixes ago it was unfeasible to even test it because of the credit cost of fusion.

I think I said a way back that I would not regret my wasted million+ creds if they hotfixed the cost down to something reasonable; they seem to have done that, and I am a regret-free zone~

There are obviously still problems with it, biggest being that (imho) you can't purchase random common mods for credits and the unintuitive (but smart, I would hasten to add) fusion values of our old mods.

Still, it's been pretty sad how people have reacted imho. It's perfectly possible to make it clear how displeased you are, without blowing your lid and being melodramatic.

Like, if people are angry about something that matters, racism for a random example, then imho it is very important to listen to their arguments and not just react to their tone. That doesn't apply when it's something as minor as this. So you're &!$$ed off about the changes to your videogame; well, however you like the game, it's damn certain it is not as important to you as it is to the devs. Keep your goddamned hair on and give some feedback, or just chill out and walk away from the game for a while.

What time have even the top 10 ranking players spent on this, compared to what the dev team have?

Do you think their continued employment (in a job they actually personally care about, with some measure of self-direction and creative freedom) might just maybe be as important to them as your silly-hat-wearing cat-suited space ninja game is to us?

Grow the hell up and let the poor bastards a) get some sleep, b) collect what feedback is not given whilst foaming at the mouth, c) work out what needs fixing most urgently, and then d) fix it

Edited by FlanShark

Am I the only one that liked the new system? It feels like building your own warframe. Mods drop quite often and you can level them up. They increased the mission rewards for about twice the credits too. It makes you think "Do I really use this skill?" and ditch it in order to improve other things?. It is a lot of money to level them up, yes.

Sentinels are my favorite part of the update! I love my floating deformed sea horse fetus <3 It is very useful! it has saved me a few times. The banshee's 4th skill is kind of strange, but cool. Also the bow! First I was "Bow and arrow!? How unfitting!" Then I saw the picture of the banshee with the bow and it looked cool. But really using the bow is the most satisfactory thing ever. You enjoy shooting that thing somehow.

It is already 4am and I can't get enough from this update!

I also like the update. I'm one of those that had heaps of good mods and had practically done everything worth doing. When all my old mods were turned into fusion cores, I wasn't upset at all. It was a simple matter to just go to an easier map (Doesn't even have to be Mercury, you still have powers to get you through) and get some mods. Although, it was a bit odd not having any shield or health mods for the longest time. (I have both now though so it's not as bad as looking for Power Efficiency or Multishot pre-Update 7)

What's really exciting is picking up a mod and having that card pop up. Especially when you end up finding the mod type you need (which was really unlikely before the update) or even a duplicate since those are really good for fusing. When I do find a really good mod, I spend a bit of money I've saved up and fuse it with my old fusion cores and instantly get to a decent level. However, I do realize there aren't a lot of good ways to obtain money. Perhaps this is where alerts could come in? Would bump them up from 100% useless to somewhat useful =V

I also agree that bows are badass. It's like the snipetron but I actually like it. I haven't tried the Sentinels yet though, they're still being built. So excited >_< It's nice having all these new features and goals to work toward compared to before where pretty much every mod was basically sell fodder. Keep up the good work Steve!

Edited by Liacu

Why did you change the xbox controller settings and why can you not use keybinding to change them back?

It all worked fine before the patch why fix what was not broken and not sure if I missed it or not but nothing in the patch notes about it.

Can you atleast put a option to disable the controller in game so I can use Xpadder atleast?

Update: Thanks for the quick fix in patch 7.1

Edited by JMan31337

i am sooo lost. i dont understand any of it. i put powers in right slot but thats it. my warframe shield and health are so low its literally killing me. says i got all these mods but they are not lit up so i can use em. nothing is compatable. do i have to find everything all over again? because i get killed before i can find em. soooo confused

I wonder how many ppl left cuz of this update....

And btw,for all the ppl excusing this update wit "its beta" i just have to say this,i dont give a f... if its beta or no,i play to be entertained n have fun,and unfortunaly it dosnt do that anymore,n for wat i see,im not the only one,so ,half of the people here think they did a bad work,and isnt the purpose of beta to make the game more likable?cuz i think its doing the reverse...

anyways everyone has their own opinion,and mine is made up after a few rounds in the game...

have fun...

People are so impatient

Though it would be nice if we got some upgrades just from leveling like we used to, because as people have said, level 30 gear with no mods is on the same level as level 1 gear now, and having to rely on the totally random drops for health and shields isn't fun

Also it would be nice if we could equip a single mod on multiple weapons, considering how much it costs to max out a single mod I'm not gonna spend 300k each on all 18 of my guns just so they can have a higher fire rate

Alternately, allow stacking again, but have a hard cap at the normal highest level

ex. you can equip five level 1 fire rate mods or one level 5 fire rate mod for the same effect, it just takes up more slots and energy compared to the single

Edited by PlusEighteen

i just have to say this,i dont give a f... if its beta or no,i play to be entertained n have fun

You have come here mistakenly, then.

Also it would be nice if we could equip a single mod on multiple weapons, considering how much it costs to max out a single mod I'm not gonna spend 300k each on all 18 of my guns just so they can have a higher fire rate

Welp, switching mods from weapon to weapon is free, so I guess we'll have to take a bit more time to "change" until this stuff gets sorted out.

Edited by FedorHooch

i am sooo lost. i dont understand any of it. i put powers in right slot but thats it. my warframe shield and health are so low its literally killing me. says i got all these mods but they are not lit up so i can use em. nothing is compatable. do i have to find everything all over again? because i get killed before i can find em. soooo confused

Its really not hard, but they explained it horribly. Basically you have to find all your mods from scratch. All your old mods turned into materials that are used to improve mods that you already have. Thats it. Get to farming.

I think its sad that most gamers these days are so impatient and refuse change so much. If your willing to leave because they changed something that requires you to do a little more work then sobeit. The new system although slightly problematic at first actually allows bigger stat gains in the long run. For example. How many of you had 90% single mods for attack speed. I know I didn't. Yes your not walking around as terminators anymore sorry but that is part of development stages of the game. I had 45 pages of mod that are now cores. It hurts at first but the more I play with it and understand what it is capable of the more I think the system has alot of potential to grow far more unique frames. Rather than shouting that everything sucks. Why not stick it out and see how it improves? The fact that we got anything at all from the old system is better than you get in some betas. Everyone hold your breath let the dust settle and then see where we are at. All of the fundementals of the old system are still there. Just with a different shine on them. After an hours work I already have quite a few mods just from lower level missions. That said I think some changes might be useful to alerts for mods or more money. Would help with fusion costs and hunting and gathering. Otherwise great update and I look forward to the future.

Great work! Ignore the retards who don't know what a real beta is (spoiled brats raised on modern "betas" which are nothing more than paid demo's in disguise usually......

I think the fusion is a bit pricey but no other problems so far!