Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Old Unobtainable Weapons

CardboardSamurai

Everyone complains about not being able to get certain weapons, but DE can't just hand them out again. They need to remain a bit exclusive, or they lose most of their value. What I suggest is one of these days make an event where the usual tiers have rewards, like tier 1 badge, tier 2 mods, but let tier 3 be a weapon of your choice. Weapons included in the choosing would be say Brakk, Snipetron Vandal, Snipetron, Strun Wraith etc. It'll give us some chance to get weapons we missed out, and since not everyone's going to get the same weapon they'll all remain relatively exclusive especially considering people quit here and there and not everyone participates in events.

Feel free to criticize the hell out of this suggestion. I won't get offended if someone disagrees, I promise

Yeah..they can miss me with this exclusive stuff..I've seen more people complain about "exclusives" than anything else.....specially when they just nerfed an exclusive....Brakk...and now I seen at thread where Lato Prime was nerfed.....Machete Wraith is laughable (pretty though).....excal prime REALLY needs a rework in design and a new event for his revist ....frost prime also.....I am being a bit 1 sided because I want a chance to get the Lato Prime...

but lets be real for a second...........when the first few exclusives were released...the player base was very small compared to now

since Warframe is expanding in player base and popularity I think we should give new players a chance to obtain the original goodies....

because when DE releasees NEW goodies....I mean look what happens its a disgrace...all the threads about over-saturation......

lets just recycle some of these exclusives :)

1.  Lato Prime (Ok no event for Lato Prime..put a price on it with a new revised version of excal prime)

i presume recycling is already thought about, and that future Events may contain Exclusives from the past, so that players may obtain them once again.

but they certainly wouldn't be common, year(s) between opportunities would not be surprising.

-snip-

i think your Decimal key is broken, you should fix it.

oh, and all of those Exclusives perform fine. Machete Wraith is still #2 in the Longsword class of Melee's. and before D2.x, it was a contender for #1.

(all of the rest are quite good, so there can be no real complaints about them).

Everything that is exclusive should remain so for eternity. I honestly don't think that should change, no matter how many different threads I see on the subject. If you miss out, you miss out.

Yeah. In example Dota 2 have 1000x time more player database and only 50 existing Gold Roshans among entire player database and Valve don't care about complains that thy are not obtainable anymore. The "fact" that you possess an exclusive thing satisfy any Human's EGO and make this "thing" realy valuable among community. And if suddenly remove this "fact" it will strike in deep of the EGO of owners of that "THING". I agree that there is a lot peoples(but not majority) who dont care about that and have no problem with their EGO but those ppls not complaing about such things like in this thread. So this thread is complain of person who missed the chance to obtain exclusive "thing" and envies those who have it because he can't have it, this is how human EGO works.

Exactly, ego is what annoys people that they can't get exclusives, and if such a small percentage of players hold them and they give a chance for more players to obtain the exclusive, maybe they'll piss off that tiny % of players but what about the huge % of players that are going to be pleased about it? 

League of Legends has a larger player database than Dota 2 and they're starting to recycle their exclusives, use your brain on why

what about the huge % of players that are going to be pleased about it?

This ^. Feeling of exclusiveness is blinding sight of those, who downvote such topics. Ego-ism, that's it.

Giving a LOT of happiness to almost the whole community without spending much resources on creating rewards? Ideal solution to increase DE's rating after last mistake streak.

Edited by SpFinX

Exclusives should remain exclusive if they were advertised as such.  And if you ever make the Founder gear non-exclusive, the forums will erupt with such hatred and fire as you have never seen.

Exactly, ego is what annoys people that they can't get exclusives, and if such a small percentage of players hold them and they give a chance for more players to obtain the exclusive, maybe they'll &!$$ off that tiny % of players but what about the huge % of players that are going to be pleased about it? 

League of Legends has a larger player database than Dota 2 and they're starting to recycle their exclusives, use your brain on why

And over time, a larger and larger swath of the playerbase hates the devs and leaves.  Also, League sells its skins.  They're recycling for profit.

I don't belive in this. Dota 2 while i writing this post have 550k online and LoL does not provide such info. And Dota 2 released only in this year.

Ummm... http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121012154554/leagueoflegends/images/d/dc/Lol_infographic.png  It may not display current players, but suffice it to say, League is huge.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

You may want to consider the following story:

You are bored out of your mind and searching the interwebs for some fresh indie game to investigate and you stumble across Warframe. You involve yourself in the closed beta because you see potential in this game that you discovered. You continue playing, and you communicate with the developers to help polish this thing of beauty, you involve yourself in events, and you spend some hard earned dough. In return, the developer gives you access you a couple of SLIGHTLY upgraded weapons (strun wraith and brakk excluded).

You are pretty proud of yourself because you believed in this game before it became largely popular, and you were thanked with some sweet weapons. Then some fellow with good intentions that discovered the game a week ago asks the developer for an opportunity to get those weapons which make you stand out from the crowd.

Lets say the developers grant this request, and this person who has yet to put much commitment into the game gets a Snipetron Vandal. How do you feel now? You put a lot of effort into shaping the game from the community end, and all that you received in recognition for your actions has been given to someone who just got on board... yesterday. 

The story listed above is exactly what will happen to the most senior members of our beloved community as soon as these weapons (which aren't really that impressive) are released. In my humble opinion, I think we should be happy with what we have, and anticipate the many goodies awaiting us in the future. If you have participated much in the Cicero event, you are about to get an exclusive weapon of you own! The Dual Viper Wraiths! Be content and pursue the many other goals this game has to offer! :D

Maybe his keyboard is on it's period.

No.....I just like typing this way............it's like im running a survival mission with 3% air left.....

Plus I just redid my resume..looks pretty damn good........the internet...where I can just type...so freely without proper sentence structure...

awwwwww........feels so gud

i feed off grammar nazis......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but yeah if DE wish to keep them "Exclusive" .....so be it

I just hope they create some of those grineer weapons that can be seen in the codex (weapon concepts)

Exclusive items that aren't purely cosmetic is a bad idea.

It is not nor has it ever been okay to deprive the player base at large from obtaining OBJECTIVELY BETTER in game items.

Skins and cosmetic exclusives are great, and I think they should stay exclusive, but weapons/gear obtainable only for small windows of time are unfair to everyone. Case in point; Brakk. Brakk was previously a country mile ahead of every other secondary, and it still proves very formidable with no obtainable variant to anyone who didn't take part in the event. 

Because you happened to play this game before I did, you have access to a weapon that is better than any weapon I could get and I have no chance to ever get it; that's bad, and it should stop.

Allow them to be obtained at high rank? Say, you reach rank 10 you unlock a mission where you can win event weapon. Solves both problems: making high mastery ranks not-useless and making exclusive weapons available to those who want them and play the game a lot (more incentive for people to continue playing).