The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Year In Review: State Of The Forums 2013

SilverBones

And what a crazy year it has been!

So when I first started playing Warframe a year ago, I did not have a YouTube channel, I did not have anywhere close to a decent computer, had not made any fan-fiction, started the Fan-Index or anything like that. I was far, far away from being as involved in the community as I have been today.

I just wanted to give you guys a summary of things I have seen over the last year that has really kept me on board with this game and the community which plays it.

Some of you may recall the times when there was only 1 tile set (the Corpus ships), no wall-running and Ember was a male. After six major updates, this game has come leaps and bounds past its origins with new tile sets, a major increase in new Warframes, weapons out the ears and a clan system. Small increases have been made in the PvP arena, there is merchandise coming out, a release on a next-gen console and all sorts of craziness that has made this game the growing organism it is today.

But what has impressed me more than anything else, is the community this game has built. We are like a huge (if somewhat dysfunctional) family; all with our own quirks, habits and tendencies. There are writers, artists, testers, trolls, programmers, flamers, care-bears, lore-fanatics and SRS BSNS folks. I have had good times and bad times with the people that visit this hallowed ground, and although there have been laughs, altercations and flame-wars galore, I want to let you all know just how much I appreciate you all.

It is you guys who have kept me interested in this game with your submissions, opinions, dedication, disturbances, feedback and creativity. Were it not for such an active, crazy - and yet - genius bunch of players, this forum would be a much less interesting place and I am both honored and grateful to help this community out as a volunteer.

So here is what it boils down to;

Thank you all.

You have made 2013 an interesting, fun and challenging one, and I am glad to be a part of everything we all contribute to here on a daily basis.

Here is to another year of forums.warframe.com!

Happy New Year!

I started playing way before U7, remember the Giant Bomb beta key giveaways? Warframe wasn't that popular back then, since when I got my key there were still over 3500 keys left. I stumbled across this game completely by accident... but I'm glad I did.

I was mostly lurking back then.. but the attitude of DE and the way they responded to feedback had drawn me it. I guess I felt like I could actually make some (minor?) difference. So I stated posting.

These days I spend more time on the forums than in the game itself. It's a love hate relationship really, but I can't seem to just leave.

So Happy New Year everybody.. I hate you! But I also kinda like you...

Edited by LocoWithGun

That's the thing I like about the community on here. While some of us can be friendly at times and downright a**holes at other times, we all just want the game to grow. We go into fusses about something in the game because we care about it. We argue because we want Warframe to become awesome. That's sweet, IMO, although it's a little wrong. It's still sweet.

<3 Fellow Tenno.

rainbow-puke.png

Alright guys. The truce must not last longer than today. We have still a lot of flames to throw. Let's wrap and clean up all the kindness until next year, because I hope a lot of us will still be around by this time of the year.

Edited by matto