Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

Also, some more random ideas, because going over this thread again there's a few that need to be brought back alive :3

Unit Types

Ripper - A Pirate that has resorted to cybernetics for a combat edge. This one in particular is a medium melee unit, having replaced an arm under the wrist with a large, wicked cutting implement or blunt instrument capable of causing great damage to an enemy.

Cybersoldier - A Pirate that has resorted to cybernetics for a combat edge. This one in particular is a medium ranged unit who's replaced his arm with a arm cannon of some kind, resulting in a dangerous suppression unit.

Refurbished MOA: Heavy Weapons MOA - Stolen MOA technology refurbished by the Zaan. Instead of being made into a suicide unit, however, this one has been left mostly intact, and is equipped with two of the pirate's Heavy Weapon systems equipped where the MOA's laser weapon is usually mounted. These don't even have to be the same weapon variants, and due to the random nature of the weapon equipping of the Zaan pirates, this can lead to some dangerous combos, such as one equipped with a Fusillade and a Privateer at once.

Vehicle

Cutlass Assault Fighter - Cutlass fighters are small, one-man crafts used for interception vehicles for Zaan Dreadnoughts. Primarily used to counter enemy fighter craft or Corpus antiship drones, they have fallen prey to Tenno using Arclights however...

Weapons

Ahab - Harpoon launcher secondary weapon. When launched, the Harpoon can impale enemies, pinning them to walls if the foe is deceased. Lower ammo count than most secondary weapons, but strong. Possible effect of being able to 'reel in' impaled enemies?

Rosie - Rivit gun that shoots rivit spikes as ammunition. Once again, another improvised weapon formed from shipbuilding equipment, this rivit gun has powerful anti-armor capabilities, but very little in the way of shield piercing prowess.

Edited by GratuitousLurking

As Vard hasn't been keeping up with the thread as lately, anyone got any problems if we make a second thread, so we can keep the first post updated when new concepts and art are brought along?

Nope, no problems here.

Although the thread of the lore behind pirates escapes me by now.

Well I assume those two came up with some fanlore of their own, judging by how they're spiting out characters and whatnot.

Well, minus what me and Valhalla was spitting out, there was some older unit concepts that kinda got buried from earlier, so I thought a newer, better-sorted OP might help the Space Pirates/Zaan out a little more :S

Well, minus what me and Valhalla was spitting out, there was some older unit concepts that kinda got buried from earlier, so I thought a newer, better-sorted OP might help the Space Pirates/Zaan out a little more :S

Well seeing how you two are teh biggest contributors (seeing how I can't draw and didn't follow the lore you've come up with)...

So, if you're gonna make a new thread, link it here.

Well seeing how you two are teh biggest contributors (seeing how I can't draw and didn't follow the lore you've come up with)...

So, if you're gonna make a new thread, link it here.

Plan to. Taking a wee bit longer to get the content all wrangled up over the last 30-odd pages than I expected, especially as (sadly) renames and minor concept tweaks need to be done to avoid some overlaps that showed up over the last few months, or multiple suggestions matching similar themes (there was multiple unit types under 'Cannoneer' for example, and a few base units given the Captain ranking.) Hopefully will be done sometime soon though if I sort through tonight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an idea of how the tenno would encounter the pirates. The number of life forms on the level would increase rappidly and decrease, but no alarm would ring because the pirates are taking out corpus crewman one by one without getting noticed. But th lotus would NOT mention it. My idea for the encounter is as soon as a player is alone and his teamates are too far, the pirates would take the occasion to ambush the player and corner him. That would make the pirates very dangerous because if the players part ways they will all get killed separately. The pirates will always habe the element of surprise and the players will have to keep an eye out for them. what do you guys think?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...