Stoi84

Warframe Builder

On 2018-05-05 at 2:44 PM, Stoi84 said:

Popularity is gone. It was based on IP addresses and I removed all IP addresses from the database in my attempt to remove all personal data from the said database. I'll see if I can think of a good system to promote the best builds in the future.

I'll think about this. I wanted to take the opportunity to delete the old builds, but it's true that some of them still deserve to be there, and removing all is a bit too much.

Just create a system like Facebook where users can click a "Like" button.
Those builds with the highest number of likes would appear at the top.

From a programming standpoint do the following.

Create a Like button.
When the user clicks the button, check that username against a SQL Database for that item.
If the username is found, take no action (users can't like more than once).
If the username is NOT found, then increment the likes counter for that item.

Since this system relies on your new set of converted usernames it doesn't break any personal info rules.
It just ensures the person is unique.

The following should be ready, I hope, for the May, 25, with the rest of the update to the accounts.

Account page:

account.png

Builder page:

builder.png

I hope this will put an end to the endless questions about the ranking of the builds. This will be an active system, where being active (voting, liking) will matter. I hope you guys will show the same enthusiasm for this as for jumping on me when I change something.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Stoi84 said:

The following should be ready, I hope, for the May, 25, with the rest of the update to the accounts.

Account page:

account.png

Builder page:

builder.png

I hope this will put an end to the endless questions about the ranking of the builds. This will be an active system, where being active (voting, liking) will matter. I hope you guys will show the same enthusiasm for this as for jumping on me when I change something.

That looks great, thanks for all your work - the site is a tremendously helpful resource for me as someone who jumps into Warframe on and off with no idea of how the latest changes have affected my builds etc. 

Posted (edited)

I would like to inform there might be a bug in the simulation.

Copying an original build on a new page, so I may alter it and export it to how I would want to build my weapon, have the numbers not come out the same. In the original, the user used "max mods" option while I have manually maxed the mods. 

In the original (max mod option), the numbers for dmg/dps were:
Total Dmg: 27061
Bow Burst: 151180
Sustained dps: 30786

While the manually (using arrows), the numbers for dmg/dps were: 
Total Dmg: 27061
Bow Burst: 110907
Sustained dps: 28666

It just might be from the changes you are doing currently, but if it isn't, at least you know now. 

Thanks for all the work.

Edit: 
Never mind, upon linking, the numbers appear the same. 

Edited by SGNano
Resolved

Posted (edited)

I'm looking for some (good) native English speakers with one or two hours free in the next days to help me with something related to my other project. I want some things to be read and get an opinion on the quality of the translation. Please, send me a private message if you want to help, I'm really in need of two or three opinions. Thanks.

Edited by Stoi84

Posted (edited)

... so my name is "8ybwBxc60Q" now?

I get that you have laws you want to follow... But 99% of our names are made up FOR the point of anonymity... So I fail to see the point of a RNG Name...
Whatever... 

Edited by Carnage2K4

Anonymization is a drawback from the changes I decided to take, it's not the main purpose of these changes. I randomized the credentials because a username is considered as a personal data, even though it's an indirect one. But since names are going to disappear from the site, that's not really a problem. You have new and unique credentials, save them somewhere, tell your browser to save them for convenience, and you're good, that's not gonna change anything for you after that point unless you were using Warframe-Builder to try to become popular with your builds, but this has never been the purpose of Warframe-Builder, so again, this won't change anything for you if you were using the app to store your builds or share them to help the others, be reassured.

• Like 1

The problem with this is that your vision for the site is not what we used for. Remembering builds can easily be handled by a screenshot. What we used it for, and what everyone I've recommended it to used it for, is sharing builds with the community. I get a new frame or weapon and would come here to find what the communities more favored builds are. I think the outcry from the users over the change speaks for itself.

Il y a 3 heures, IAA_ShRaPNeL a dit :

What we used it for, and what everyone I've recommended it to used it for, is sharing builds with the community. I get a new frame or weapon and would come here to find what the communities more favored builds are.

That's exactly what I said and that's exactly what the app will still be.