Warframe Builder

Stoi84

The following should be ready, I hope, for the May, 25, with the rest of the update to the accounts.

Account page:

account.png

Builder page:

builder.png

I hope this will put an end to the endless questions about the ranking of the builds. This will be an active system, where being active (voting, liking) will matter. I hope you guys will show the same enthusiasm for this as for jumping on me when I change something.

17 hours ago, Stoi84 said:

The following should be ready, I hope, for the May, 25, with the rest of the update to the accounts.

Account page:

account.png

Builder page:

builder.png

I hope this will put an end to the endless questions about the ranking of the builds. This will be an active system, where being active (voting, liking) will matter. I hope you guys will show the same enthusiasm for this as for jumping on me when I change something.

That looks great, thanks for all your work - the site is a tremendously helpful resource for me as someone who jumps into Warframe on and off with no idea of how the latest changes have affected my builds etc. 

I would like to inform there might be a bug in the simulation.

Copying an original build on a new page, so I may alter it and export it to how I would want to build my weapon, have the numbers not come out the same. In the original, the user used "max mods" option while I have manually maxed the mods. 

In the original (max mod option), the numbers for dmg/dps were:
Total Dmg: 27061
Bow Burst: 151180
Sustained dps: 30786

While the manually (using arrows), the numbers for dmg/dps were: 
Total Dmg: 27061
Bow Burst: 110907
Sustained dps: 28666

It just might be from the changes you are doing currently, but if it isn't, at least you know now. 

Thanks for all the work.

Edit: 
Never mind, upon linking, the numbers appear the same. 

Edited by SGNano
Resolved

I'm looking for some (good) native English speakers with one or two hours free in the next days to help me with something related to my other project. I want some things to be read and get an opinion on the quality of the translation. Please, send me a private message if you want to help, I'm really in need of two or three opinions. Thanks.

Edited by Stoi84

... so my name is "8ybwBxc60Q" now?

I get that you have laws you want to follow... But 99% of our names are made up FOR the point of anonymity... So I fail to see the point of a RNG Name...
Whatever... 

Edited by Carnage2K4

Anonymization is a drawback from the changes I decided to take, it's not the main purpose of these changes. I randomized the credentials because a username is considered as a personal data, even though it's an indirect one. But since names are going to disappear from the site, that's not really a problem. You have new and unique credentials, save them somewhere, tell your browser to save them for convenience, and you're good, that's not gonna change anything for you after that point unless you were using Warframe-Builder to try to become popular with your builds, but this has never been the purpose of Warframe-Builder, so again, this won't change anything for you if you were using the app to store your builds or share them to help the others, be reassured.

• Like 1

The problem with this is that your vision for the site is not what we used for. Remembering builds can easily be handled by a screenshot. What we used it for, and what everyone I've recommended it to used it for, is sharing builds with the community. I get a new frame or weapon and would come here to find what the communities more favored builds are. I think the outcry from the users over the change speaks for itself.

Il y a 3 heures, IAA_ShRaPNeL a dit :

What we used it for, and what everyone I've recommended it to used it for, is sharing builds with the community. I get a new frame or weapon and would come here to find what the communities more favored builds are.

That's exactly what I said and that's exactly what the app will still be.

The update concerning the personal data is at last done. In a few words, there's no longer any personal data asked or stored by Warframe-Builder. Your IP address, your email and both the username and the password provided by you have been deleted from the database and are no longer needed and will no longer be used by Warframe-builder. All the database backups except the last one have been deleted too. I'll delete this one in a few days. You maybe ask yourself, what changed for me? There are three cases.

You didn't have a Warframe-Builder account.

• The only thing that changes for you is that the popularity is gone and replaced by a "like" system. You may need to wait for a few days so that the votes come but the best builds should make it to the top of the list soon enough. Considering how important having a ranking system seemed to be, there should be a good amount of votes in the first days.

You had a Warframe-Builder account and you converted it.

• You can no longer log-in with your old credentials, they're gone. Only your new credentials will work, the credentials you got after converting your account, those provided by Warframe-Builder.
  • You can now bookmark up to 25 builds. The list of your bookmarked builds is available in your account (link in the top right corner).
  • You can now like (vote) up to 25 builds. The list of your liked builds is available in your account (link in the top right corner).
  • Using Warframe-Builder is now risk-free since there's no personal data involved.
  • The responsibility of your account is totally your. If you lose your secret key and can't remember your credentials, you lose your account.

You had a Warframe-Builder account and you didn't convert it.

• Everything that was tied to your account has been wiped forever with no way of recovering. You can request a new account if you wish to use the functions related to the accounts (vote, bookmark, save builds).

How does the like system work?
It's pretty easy. You can like up to 25 builds. This limit exists to give value to your votes. A system like this would make no sense if you were able to vote on 350 builds. 1 like equals one point, for now. Your vote lasts for 30 days, after that, it's deleted. During the last 7 days, you can refresh your vote by right-clicking the "like" icon, on the build page. You can "unlike" a build at any time. You cannot like one of your builds. Everything related to this is explained in your account and all the builds you voted for are listed in your account, with the date of your vote. To summarize, you have a limited amount of likes you can give and you have to manage them over the time to promote the best builds and lead the players to these builds.

How does the bookmark system work?
It's a simple bookmark system for you to use in the way you want. You can bookmark up to 25 builds and remove your bookmark at any time. The builds bookmarked are displayed in your account. You cannot bookmark one of your builds. It's possible that I'll increase this limit, it's just a base value to see how it goes.

What happened to the builds created by users who didn't convert their account?
All the private builds that fall into this category have been deleted. All the public builds that fall into this category have had their description deleted, but they are still accessible for 1 month and have an [OLD] tag before their name. If you see a build like this that deserves, in your opinion, to stay on Warframe-Builder and if you are familiar with this build, you should "take ownership" of this build, write a description and save it like you just created it. I'll delete these old builds in a month or so. Note that you can't like or bookmark builds that are flagged as old.

As you can see, nothing really changes and in the end, all of this is even positive since you get two new functions (like/bookmark). These changes delayed some updates, I'll start working on these updates again after a small break from Warframe-Builder. It was not possible to handle both the updates and these changes at the same time, for many reasons. This was a lot of changes, it's possible that I forgot something or that something went wrong and that this didn't appear to me during my tests. Please take the time to report any problem you find.

And to conclude, I'll make one thing clear one more time. The deleted accounts are gone fo-re-ver. Please don't be salty, angry or whatever else that is a negative behavior from near or far if you didn't have the time to convert your account, you'll only gain a VIP pass to my ignore list. I worked fast to give up to 3 weeks to do the account conversion, it was not possible to have a longer time limit. These changes, necessary for me to not be bothered by a law that was stressing me, were a lot of work and you should, if you are unhappy with the changes, take a second to understand and see that Warframe-Builder is still online and still pretty much the same and that it was not a foregone conclusion, we were only a few steps away from bigger and negative changes.

Happy "building" and "liking"!

Edited by Stoi84

Hey, Stoi84, I'm having problems connecting to Warframe-Builder.com across all browsers on desktop, but I'm able to access it from mobile just fine, do you have any idea why this is, or know what I should do to fix this? Is it entirely a problem on my end somewhere, or is something going on with the website certificates? The error I'm getting reads "The connection has been reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

I have no idea what the problem is, unfortunately. I can't reproduce this issue and I just asked two persons who cannot reproduce this either. All I can propose is to refresh the cache and clear the cookies and see if it helps.

Thanks for the work to make the site GDPR compliant. The new UI options for Search/Save/Export/Like/Bookmark/etc seem straightforward and functional so far in my experience. A few questions I have about the new like system if you get a moment to consider/answer them:

1. How does 'Like'ing a build relate to the score column in search? I did some testing with adding a Like for a specific build and then re-searching and didn't see any impact on the score for that build
  2. Why/what are the stars being shown on the build page now (by the build name) and how do they relate to the like/score for that build?
Edited by renzollama

Il y a 10 heures, renzollama a dit :

Thanks for the work to make the site GDPR compliant. The new UI options for Search/Save/Export/Like/Bookmark/etc seem straightforward and functional so far in my experience. A few questions I have about the new like system if you get a moment to consider/answer them:

1. How does 'Like'ing a build relate to the score column in search? I did some testing with adding a Like for a specific build and then re-searching and didn't see any impact on the score for that build
  2. Why/what are the stars being shown on the build page now (by the build name) and how do they relate to the like/score for that build?

1. You may need to reload the page for your vote to be displayed in the search tab. I'm not sure again why this behaves like this, I may need to have a look again in the files for the vote to be displayed as soon as it's given.

Edit: I can confirm this is a caching thing I added a while ago and forgot about. In a few words, the list of the builds is only loaded the first time you open the "search" tab, this is why the votes are not refreshed if the tab is opened later again and this is also why a reload of the page fixes this. I'll maybe think about removing this if this is an issue.

2. Stars are like before, the number of formas used.

Il y a 5 heures, Boheza a dit :

I cant login my account idk why, I have correct username and password but still

Does the problem happen with a new account (created in the last 24 hours)? Or with a converted account before that date?

Il y a 3 heures, XTQuakeX a dit :

Trials and tribulations later I've figured it out, it came down to having to add an exception to the server in FireFox's Certificate Manager, in case this ever comes up again.

Glad it's working now. Since there's no personal data involved anymore, you shouldn't worry about adding an exception, there's nothing to steal from you. Thanks for letting us know how you fixed the issue, this will, indeed, maybe be helpful in the future.

Edited by Stoi84

Are there any plans on adding an estimated DPS section that includes damage over time effects from things like toxin and slash status procs or at least a page that shows how much damage each status effect will do per tick of damage? This would help a lot when trying to make builds that revolve around either Gas or Hunter Munitions without having to dump Forma on weapons or calculating it myself. 

Edited by NinjaManTR

I cannot make long-term plans right now. As I already stated, and because of my current professional position, everything that is not, "adding missing stuff" is tied to the success of my other project. If it works, I'll be able to continue working like this and probably give more love to Warframe-Builder, and if not, then I don't know, but that's not gonna help to add new features, that's for sure. Warframe-Builder is a time sink, especially when new features must be added.

I understand that Warframe-Builder could need more tools, but right now I just cannot say if it'll ever happen or not, that would be lying to say anything.

• Like 1

Le 09/05/2018 à 18:51, Dagonis a dit :

pls return builds rating

Popularity was never a way to rate a build. It was just a number to show which builds were the most visited, completely unattached to the quality of the build. And the more popularity a build had, the more visited it was. It was an endless loop where the most popular builds would stay popular, no matter how good they were. So there's nothing to return, there's something to add, and this is what I did.

Il y a 6 heures, Dagonis a dit :

I still looking for builds rating

Then you should open your eyes, cause there's a rank/score column in the "search builds" window and an explanation about this new "like" system in my post about the latest update, not to mention the previous explanations I did about this system. I'm simply not responsible if it's not used enough yet. I cannot force anyone to register and use the like button. There's a big message in red, leading to the notes about the latest update, where this new function is explained. This system is supposed to be accurate, compared to the popularity, but it's an active system, and it's difficult to ask anyone to do anything more than what they have interest in. I'll see how to do more incentive to use this in the future.

Edited by Stoi84

Thank you for all your work on Warframe Builder and for the new updates. It's been an essential tool for me all these years!

One suggestion: Could you add Sustained DPS and Burst DPS as columns we could sort weapons by in the "Search Builds" window? There could be similar columns for power strength/range/duration/health/etc for warframes. These values are already being calculated (and I assume stored) on the site. As far as I can tell, it would just be a matter of adding them to the Search Builds window.