Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

I'm sorry if this question has been already asked but, when are you going to add sentinels and sentinel weapons?

Literally two posts up.

Could we have sentinels too? Great utility, though

Maybe in the future :D

Edited by Darzk

Updated. See first post for changelog.

The grace period for cheating with votes has ended. If you used multiple accounts to do that, you should send me a message as fast as possible, it's the same if you shared votes with friends (vote on mine I'll vote on yours). There will be zero tolerance for this kind of behavior for now, which means, if you are caught doing this, all your accounts and your friends's accounts will be permanently banned. I have no time to do much moderation, so it's the way it'll work, zero tolerance. This is also to ensure that everyone understand what zero tolerance means, because if I add the possibility to comment builds in the future, it'll be the same.

I'll also start deleting improper builds (name and description are concerned). Continue to offer improper (name and description are concerned) builds may also lead to a banishment. It's the same as I said before, I don't have the time to moderate, so it'll be tolerance zero to encourage each user to moderate himself and follow the rules.

Edited by Stoi84

[uPDATE] March, 24th.

-Improved 'My builds' table in the account

I'm having a trouble with my builds list on my profile. It is not displaying.

ZqrdW7u.png

I use the website at 90% normally, already reset at 100% and refesh it, still the same.

I was using the lastest build of Cool Novo but already tried on Chrome and IExplorer, same issue.

Edit:

The builds are still dysplaying on the search on each Warframe.

Edited by xlraistlx

I can translate to spanish when translation is enabled again :)

I'm not sure I'll allow translation in other languages because it's a lot of work for me too, even if I'm not doing the translation job. By the way, to give some statistics, the 3 available languages cover more than 80% of the visitors. To reach 90%, it should need translation in 4 or 5 additional languages. This actually means that translate to another language will only be usefull to 2% of the visitors at the maximum in the best case. This number is not high enough compared to the work it'll need, and it's mainly why translation to other languages is currently disabled.

Edited by Stoi84

Very good job Stoi84, thanks for the great tool.

I noticed the berserker mod doesn't change the dps/firerate (used it in a dual ichor crit build). I understand its not a permament firerate mod but it should still be represented in the dps calculation.

Very good job Stoi84, thanks for the great tool.

I noticed the berserker mod doesn't change the dps/firerate (used it in a dual ichor crit build). I understand its not a permament firerate mod but it should still be represented in the dps calculation.

This was asked a few days ago. It's on the to-do list.

I changed my mind again about the votes and... it's gone. You can no longer vote on builds. I was not satisfied in the way the system was working. It required too many actions from the users to vote on a build, register, login, click and validate. This was not a good system enough to really give an accurate value for the builds, there was not enough votes. So, I created another system.

This new system is called 'popularity', which is a more transparent system. It does not require any user action to calculate the 'popularity' of a build, which is the new value that will determine if a build is good or not. I won't explain how it works because I don't want people to try to take advantage on this, but it's pretty obvious. Each day each build can gain up to a certain amount of popularity, based overall on the number of visits. It's a little bit more complicated, but I won't explain how it works in details. Just remember that the most a build is viewed, the better it is for the popularity. As there's a limit each day on how much popularity a build can gain, only really popular builds, I hope, will gain a lot of popularity by the time.

I still have a lot of features related to this update to add, but it's already up for testing. You don't have anything to do unless you find a bug. In that case, send me a message as fast as possible. Otherwise, simply use warframe builder as usual, share your builds, browse the others. and i'll make the conclusions in a few days. This new system is for testing, and i can revert to the vote system anytime if I think the new system is not better. If you have any ideas, suggestions or comments, you are welcome.

Hey there.

So I was about to look up for the number of builds I have made (I have eight builds saved) and how many could I save because I wanted to ask you about how would this work from today and as long as this new system is implemented.

Went to the secondary weapon Tysis and tried to save the build, no edit made at this point and I'm logged in. Got this message:

tPbwwD2.png

I supposed it was because the build was empty so I made the build but the same message got displayed.

Edit:

What's the criteria for us to be able to save more builds now?

Is that message dysplaying because I cannot longer save more builds?

Edited by xlraistlx

It's displayed this way because there's probably a problem somewhere. Now you can save as much builds as you want.

Edit : Should work now.

Edit 2 : Don't call me a cheater because my Soma Build is getting popularity points, I'm doing some tests with this build.

Edited by Stoi84

It's because I know how popularity works :D (I shared my build A LOT for testing)

On a more serious tone, I'm still looking after some problems, but it's almost working as expected.

Edit : Oh and by the way Commander_Luther is a friend of mine and he's always saying crap, just ignore him :D

Edited by Stoi84

I just doubled the amount of time it takes to reach the maximum popularity each day.

I also increased the max popularity you can get each day and made a few changes on how you can get points.

Edited by Stoi84

I'll reset the popularity at midnight (France time). I like how the system worked in the past 24 hours, so I made some improvements to be even closer to the system I wanted. Here are some informations on how it'll work at midnight (France time).

-Each build can get a maximum of 5 popularity points each day.

-A build get popularity points when a user reach its page. That's the basis. 3 popularity points at maximum can be obtained each day this way.

-A build can get even more popularity in two other ways. Each of these ways is worth 1 point maximum each day. I'll keep these ways secret for a time, but they rely on visits. I also heard that builds with a good name and description are more likely to get more points... but it's maybe a rumor.

-Each day, at midnight server time, the popularity of each build will be divided by 2. This is to ensure that builds are popular over the time, and not for 2 or 3 days. This also gives a chance to new builds to get to the top in some days if they are good enough.

-The maximum popularity a build can have is just below 10, so the closest to 10 it is, the better (or more popular) it is.

If you have more ideas or any suggestions/comments, let me know.

If someday I add the sentinels, this won't be in the primary or secondary weapons page. Sentinels will have a dedicated category. And yeah there was a post where I already explained why it's still a lot of work (add all mods, all sentinels, translations, create databases, etc).

Edit : Seems like everything is working as expected with the popularity. Popularity has been reseted.

Edited by Stoi84

I'm not sure I'll allow translation in other languages because it's a lot of work for me too, even if I'm not doing the translation job. By the way, to give some statistics, the 3 available languages cover more than 80% of the visitors. To reach 90%, it should need translation in 4 or 5 additional languages. This actually means that translate to another language will only be usefull to 2% of the visitors at the maximum in the best case. This number is not high enough compared to the work it'll need, and it's mainly why translation to other languages is currently disabled.

no problem :)

I'm not asking for another language, I mean warframe builder is awesome! I really like it and just wanted to let you know that I give you a hand if you need it :)

A very handy little system that's helped with a lot of build designs.

I'm glad this arrived to replace the declining builder/calculator from Orokin Tech.

Have you ever considered Private Builds for account users where they can store their personal builds without them clogging up the community's search with super specific designs?

For example, I wouldn't really want anyone to be scrutinizing a super specific Viral Phage build  when they will likely never see the 'Soul Punch only' Nekros build it corresponds with. 

Without something like this, the Build search could eventually be filled with:

"Private Paris build 4 Banshee (Donut Steal)" 

or

"Worst damage Furis build (for lolz)"

which of course doesn't help anyone who's looking for a good all-rounder or Grineer-only build for their Warframes.

I understand that this isn't necessary with popularity system in place, but its just a suggestion for preventing the search being filled with seemingly pointless builds and having to eventually start deleting 'unpopular builds' when things get cramped.

Again, just a suggestion for the future.

Thanks.

no problem :)

I'm not asking for another language, I mean warframe builder is awesome! I really like it and just wanted to let you know that I give you a hand if you need it :)

Yep I understand that you were proposing your help, but even if you translate everything, which is how the translation is supposed to work, it's still too much work at the moment. There are a lot of things to do in addition to the translation of the text to make the translation working, and only me can do these other things, which are related to the files and the database.

Have you ever considered Private Builds for account users where they can store their personal builds without them clogging up the community's search with super specific designs?

I did not thought about that because you can already do that by saving the links to the builds on your computer. Maybe in the future, but I'm not sure.

How can we report inapropriate build?!

Because this sometimes really gets out of hand fe. this weapon is BS and useless ore just this is test build nr 12342421

cheers

You can't at the moment but it's on the to-do list.

Edited by Stoi84