Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosts, Which Let You Leech

Deanoa

Hi guys

Yesterday, while farming some hours for Ember Prime Main BP (Thanks, RNG), I encountered a booben Vauban, who hosted ODD. Well, needlessly to say I joined, but... When the first wave came, he said we should just stay near the Cryopod and he'll be farming.

He was literary telling us not to do anything, and just get the Mods, Ressources and Affinity.

As I asked why he did that, he just said "for global ranking"

Are there many Good Guy Hosts who do this? Or was it just me being lucky?

some people do do this. Ask first though. If you tried it in my game I would let you and/or the pod die.

It's not like I was leeching on purpos.

I was standing there, ready to kill the infested (and even did so), but that Vauban just said that we don't need to, since he wanted the kills.

We were only there so that more mobs would spawn.

I'd never leech, lol.

Hi guys

Yesterday, while farming some hours for Ember Prime Main BP (Thanks, RNG), I encountered a booben Vauban, who hosted ODD. Well, needlessly to say I joined, but... When the first wave came, he said we should just stay near the Cryopod and he'll be farming.

He was literary telling us not to do anything, and just get the Mods, Ressources and Affinity.

As I asked why he did that, he just said "for global ranking"

Are there many Good Guy Hosts who do this? Or was it just me being lucky?

Its less about him being a nice host and more that hes trying to get his kills up before the global kill leader board goes down. However its nice that you got stuff for free so its a pretty sweet trade and everyone wins.

Yeah, he's not being a good guy host.  He's trying to move up on the global kill leaderboard, and having other around doing nothing actually helps with that.  Basic self interest, that happened to benefit you.

he's a good guy to me since I don't care much of the rankings. Free EXP is free.

I love when rushers get to a coop door and they left everyone else far behind (because the rest of the party is going through properly and killing everything).

Makes me warm and tingly inside.

Not that I have a problem with rushing. In infested invasions it's pretty much the standard, but in normal missions you should probably find out if everyone else WANTS to rush first.