Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn And Her Clipping Model

tveeggad

Quick derailment right here, Rebecca said they're gonna buff bows in terms of gameplay/viability.

Not directly. But she hinted at it. Let's hope it's not just slightly increasing damage output.

On-topic, Ballistica clips horribly with Banshee's thigh armor. As in, it's embedded in it. Proof:

KlnUgjR.jpg

HEY. Saryn is epic, enough with the hates. I will melt you and everyone around you.

But on topic, agree. The things that clip the most, are the most awkward parts of her. That REALLY stupid looking skirt and the somewhat awkward poison glands on her shoulders. Saryn's extras just need a new design.

Edited by Dequire

Not directly. But she hinted at it. Let's hope it's not just slightly increasing damage output.

On-topic, Ballistica clips horribly with Banshee's thigh armor. As in, it's embedded in it. Proof:

-snippety snip-

Yeah. If there's something about Banshee I've noticed, it's some clipping every now and then. Not as painful as Saryn, but you present a valid point. 

And for those of you suggesting the removal of the skirt.. I can't really agree. There's not much to indicate Saryns actual toxicity, except for that giant collection of snot and sinew.. or whatever the hell it is... But I would vote for the skirt to stay. 

And for those of you suggesting the removal of the skirt.. I can't really agree. There's not much to indicate Saryns actual toxicity, except for that giant collection of snot and sinew.. or whatever the hell it is... But I would vote for the skirt to stay. 

I can't disagree with you wholy, but in my opinion there's plenty of indication as it is. Her default color scheme, the design of her forearms/elbows, the right thigh armor, the shoulder pad things.. Personally, she has plenty of indication as is right now. That skirt just looks really, REALLY useless.

I can't disagree with you wholy, but in my opinion there's plenty of indication as it is. Her default color scheme, the design of her forearms/elbows, the right thigh armor, the shoulder pad things.. Personally, she has plenty of indication as is right now. That skirt just looks really, REALLY useless.

Yes, and that skirt covers up the goodies. Bad skirt! BAD!

Yes, and that skirt covers up the goodies. Bad skirt! BAD!

As much as I really want to agree with you guys above, don't you think the fine lady deserves some dignity? I mean, speaking of visual features indicating this and that, those high heels must be a symbol for something.

... Slightly defending my waifu with 8 formas worth of dedication... She was my first built frame, after all...

EDIT: I made typos. Can't have typos.

Edited by ConcretePie

As much as I really want to agree with you guys above, don't you think the fine lady deserves some dignity? I mean, speaking of visual features indicating this and that, those high heels must be a symbol for something.

... Slightly defending my waifu with 8 formas worth of dedication... She was my first built frame, after all...

EDIT: I made typos. Can't have typos.

I have to say, I've been trying to steer away from the just plain perverted (An amazing feat, for me), but let's be honest... She's got the curves. But still, gorgeous or not, the skirt has to go. As well as some pieces on many other warframes that look just plain dumb. Why not leave it up to the player to choose what goes and what doesn't, AND allow him/her to be unique while doing it?

I have to say, I've been trying to steer away from the just plain perverted (An amazing feat, for me), but let's be honest... She's got the curves. But still, gorgeous or not, the skirt has to go. As well as some pieces on many other warframes that look just plain dumb. Why not leave it up to the player to choose what goes and what doesn't, AND allow him/her to be unique while doing it?

Good point, good point. I'll give you that. It would be a lot better if you could choose, AND if they fixed the skirt in the first place. Because I actually like the skirt.

Why not adjust the weapon position somehow?

Although I'm guessing they're universal for every warframe (hurr, bad design!), just like animation sets (excluding idles).

You missed one part of my initial post.

Honestly, this would not be THAT hard to just fix. Just tilt the weapon a bit differently, then it's done.

You missed one part of my initial post.

Yeah, except if what I said is true and weapon position is universal for all frames it will create more issues than it would fix.

Not saying they shouldn't make weapon position unique for warframes though, they should.

Yeah, except if what I said is true and weapon position is universal for all frames it will create more issues than it would fix.

Not saying they shouldn't make weapon position unique for warframes though, they should.

If you go back to page 1 where I uploaded a picture of Saryn and Oberon you'll see the layout of the bows are.. Let's call it not universal. But I can say that yes, most of the older frames seem to have a somewhat universal weapon positioning. I mean look at Ash, Excalibur, Mag and some of those ancient frames, they aren't nearly as detailed as the much younger Saryn, who obviously can't have their weapon positioning! Seems these newer frames have unique weapon positioning, actually. Look at Nekros and Oberon, major difference from the rest. At least on bows and some melees.

And in all honestly, I do believe more or less every frame needs unique weapon positioning, since every frame is clipping at some occasion. This applies ten thousand times over to Saryn, since I really doubt they will remove the skirt at all. And I like the skirt.

Edited by ConcretePie