Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Heels?

Aure7

Design in warframe is something you'll never see elsewhere. Warframes don't even have anything to indicate facial features, no stupid screens where their eyes are. Each warframe is a beautiful combination of organic shapes and manufactured components. Tenno mean serious business, they fight in honorable ways and are masters of combat. 

And there is saryn, with actual heels that are very obviously heels and not something that just resembles them. To compare, oberon has heels too, but they play an important role in his design, it blends perfectly and I give oberon design 10/10, would build only for the looks. But back to saryn, I know she's supposed to be very feminine, with very glaring female features. All of her features only create are resemble to our current days, the earrings on the alt helmet are on the edge, but still kind of fitting in warframe design, and the heels is the only thing I can't get my head around. Aren't Tenno supposed to be masters of movement?

Discuss

Edited by Aure7

Rhino and Frost arent the most elegant frames in the game but they do represent their tankiness and strength very well

Id say Saryn is kinda in the middle. She is slow (because come on, she is the biggest women of them all) for her size and has some defense on her (her good health and armor)

Plus she got 99 problems but them heels aint one

Aren't Tenno supposed to be masters of movement?

Saryn IS a master of movement. Try to sprint, run up a wall, and do flips in heels. No very easy is it? Since she CAN move in heels like that I'd say shes a master of movement, even more so then all the heelless frames. She just likes style, I don't see the problem

Catwoman, Black Widow, etc

Sex sells.

No one messed up with girls with heels...

This is the exact thing I was talking about when I was talking about warframe's design. This stuff is fun in forums and such, but deep down in the warframe lore I think there is no such thing as "sex sells"

Personally I think it makes her more the classy lady of the cast - none of the other female frames really have that kind of air about them. I like the heels, I'd leave Lady Saryn's design alone. There's something too good about a noblewoman curbstomping armored soldiers.

Edited by Eliard

Design in warframe is something you'll never see elsewhere. Warframes don't even have anything to indicate facial features, no stupid screens where their eyes are. Each warframe is a beautiful combination of organic shapes and manufactured components. Tenno mean serious business, they fight in honorable ways and are masters of combat. 

And there is saryn, with actual heels that are very obviously heels and not something that just resembles them. To compare, oberon has heels too, but they play an important role in his design, it blends perfectly and I give oberon design 10/10, would build only for the looks. But back to saryn, I know she's supposed to be very feminine, with very glaring female features. All of her features only create are resemble to our current days, the earrings on the alt helmet are on the edge, but still kind of fitting in warframe design, and the heels is the only thing I can't get my head around. Aren't Tenno supposed to be masters of movement?

Discuss

Honestly, I can't stand Saryn's design.  By aesthetics she's my most hated one.  Then again, I feel warframes are too gendered in the first place and really shouldn't have the sexual secondary characteristics they have.

I'd like to see more androgynous frames to be honest.  It'd also be nice to see ones that move away from strictly humanoid designs; digitigrade legs, for example, would be awesome to see.  Oberon's are borderline unguligrade, so that's a start.

But yeah.  Saryn just looks ridiculous.  She looks like a burlesque dancer, from the feather boa to her heels to the ridiculous earrings on the chlora helm.

Yet another instance of DE showing apathy towards player feedback.

Instances of this exist, but I don't think this is one of them.

Warframe is a passion project, the devs need to stay true to what they like for the game. What the players like is important too, but I don't think they should let that sully their intentions with the game, especially when it comes to aesthetics.