Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is The New Useless Frame?

TrashSpider

I don't get how people put excalibro in low-mid tier, really.

I do think Excalubur is good, but I think his place is just in the mid tier. His stats are just average, with nothing really special about them. Slash Dash and Radial Javelin loses effectiveness at higher levels(as they are straight damage dealing abilities), Radial Blind can be a VERY good ability, but isn't as good as other blinding/distracting abilities and Super Jump is just... Super Jump.

All those who say Loki is god tier, are you playing only <lvl30 enemies?! Did you try to disarm higher level enemys like lvl 50 and higher. Do it. IF not I will try to get video for you what happens when you DISARM High level enemys and watch how your poor team mates die painful death from sticks. I just dont understand you all. Get out of your fantasy world, he looks horrible as well, needs texture updates......

All those who say Loki is god tier, are you playing only <lvl30 enemies?! Did you try to disarm higher level enemys like lvl 50 and higher. Do it. IF not I will try to get video for you what happens when you DISARM High level enemys and watch how your poor team mates die painful death from sticks. I just dont understand you all. Get out of your fantasy world, he looks horrible as well, needs texture updates......

I do >30 enemies with my Loki, I string Radial Disarm with well placed Decoys so I don't have to worry about taking damage. I also tend to play solo.

If your teammates are dying because enemies are meleeing them, then your teammates need to learn how to move. Outside Chargers, all Warframes can out-run every enemy even without Rush equipped.

Besides, a Napalm with a Cattle-prod is much less threatening than a Napalm with a rocket launcher.

From what I have seen in this thread so far, utility>damage, so should DE improve the damage abilities to DOT, or lower resistance when damage to a certain %? Other input?

Hmmm... I'd vote for a damage increase to the ultimates (I think the hardest one hits is 1500, which doesn't do much at high end), or maybe give them double damage to weaknesses - so instead of a +50% with Embers attacks versus Infested, they'd do 100% bonus damage. Since there's the big Proc mechanic kicking around you could even give Ultimate damage abilities a 100% proc chance, which would give them both Utility and a buff to damage, bringing them more in line with the Pure CC and Damage/CC abilities that exist right now.

It's interesting to see this thread throwing Nekros under the bus but then read another on ODS "dream team" where Nekros is in almost every suggested team (and just say no to Loki cause he gets pwned by the ancient's poison attack).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/166459-ods-the-perfect-group/

It's probably because Nekros is REALLY, REALLY good at Survivals thanks to Desecrate but is kinda... meh everywhere else. Similar to Frost for Defense missions - he's absolutely Godlike on Defense and Mobile Defense missions, practically vital for T3 Void missions; yet everywhere else he's just... meh, with Snow Globe his one good ability that doesn't work when everyone runs away.

I don't get how people put excalibro in low-mid tier, really.

Considering his two main damaging abilities that scaled so well into late game due to their innate armor ignoring nature got nerfed to hell, it's reasonable to see him low-mid. 

No, Radial Blind spam isn't gonna save him in my books. 

If your teammates are dying because enemies are meleeing them, then your teammates need to learn how to move. Outside Chargers, all Warframes can out-run every enemy even without Rush equipped.

Besides, a Napalm with a Cattle-prod is much less threatening than a Napalm with a rocket launcher.

Imagine T3 def or High density high level survival now... What then? No Vauban/Trinity/Nova/Nyx/Excalibur you screwed pretty much. Loki is solo only and if you solo with him, Ash is better looking and more stylish with way cooler abilitys. I have all frames and i know what i am talking about. Loki is horribly designed frame comparing to all other frames. Higher enemy level the more he starts to fall of. And if you all praise disarm so much, why not chaos and make them attack each other with those guns rather than disarming and making them rush to you with those giant hp pools. And if it is invis you after Ash got it too but with stagger and lower cost and same damage multiplier. Also Ash is tankier than Loki. 

Think again, there is nothing cool in him, other than being fastest frame.

Edited by Zarlockk

Incorrect... Oberon is Mid Tier... infact Nekros Should be High, or God Tier... That's just how good I am with Nekros... (Nekros is too useful, and he rocks in Conclave)

Although I do admit... Valkyr is fun in Conclave she really brings the hurt! (done enough conclave to know she is a tough cookie)

Edited by Arlayn

Imagine T3 def or High density high level survival now... What then? No Vauban/Trinity/Nova/Nyx/Excalibur you screwed pretty much. Loki is solo only and if you solo with him, Ash is better looking and more stylish with way cooler abilitys. I have all frames and i know what i am talking about. Loki is horribly designed frame comparing to all other frames. Higher enemy level the more he starts to fall of. And if you all praise disarm so much, why not chaos and make them attack each other with those guns rather than disarming and making them rush to you with those giant hp pools. And if it is invis you after Ash got it too but with stagger and lower cost and same damage multiplier. Also Ash is tankier than Loki. 

Think again, there is nothing cool in him, other than being fastest frame.

I'm sorry but what? 

All of his abilites are utility meaning that he has virtually UNLIMITED SCALING INTO LATE GAME. 

Design aspects,and cool factors are all subjective, don't push the "I have x and I know what I'm talking about" BS. 

Loki's Decoy stops enemies in their track if you know how to place it properly, which you obviously don't. 

Invisibility lasts AGES longer than Ash's Smoke Screen, and it will most definitely out-utilize the stagger he gets from it. Ash starts to taper off more because his 1 is garbage now, and his 4 is slow as. 

Ash's stats don't matter cause if you're up against an enemy you are going to be relying on things other than just HP and Shields to survive. In this aspect Loki is light years ahead as he can just stay invisible for a ludicrous amount of time, while Ash has to constantly refresh his smoke screen resulting in loki ultimately having better power-effectiveness ratio. 

Also T3 Def is T3 Def. Not every frame is judged based on how well they do T3 def. If that were the case your precious ash would be in the garbage can as well, as would all frames not Rhino, Nova, Vauban, Frost's Snow Globe and Nyx. 

GOD Tier: Nyx, Nova, Trinity, Rhino

High Tier: Frost, Vauban, Mag, Nekros, Loki

Mid Tier: Volt, Banshee, Excalibur

Low Tier: Saryn, Valkyr, Ember

The Tier you should ignore for anything but Mastery Fodder: Ash

Ash is my vote for the most useless Frame.

In a Game about Teamplay, He has absolutely NO TEAMPLAY Abilities. I mean hell, Valkyr, broken as she is, Has Warcry, a Team Buff and an Enemy Debuff, What does Ash Have? All Damage abilities, and Damage doesn't Scale.

Edited by Killerdude8

Needing another frame's help to be really good against two of the three base factions should disqualify him for God tier. 

FrameTier.jpg

My Personal opinion

you guys must be on acid to be trippin ballz the bad  

loki mid tier...........lolwut!

excalibur low tier.................double lolwut! i mean seriously i dont even need to explain master race but with the right build Excalibur can exceed most warframe in damage and versatility i mean dang i cant even............yall muthafluffas need JESUS!!!

you guys must be on acid to be trippin ballz the bad  

loki mid tier...........lolwut!

excalibur low tier.................double lolwut! i mean seriously i dont even need to explain master race but with the right build Excalibur can exceed most warframe in damage and versatility i mean dang i cant even............yall muthafluffas need JESUS!!!

... and you need to stop tripping balls yourself 

Excal's damage abilities are crap now. Period.

Slash damage slash dash, wow so much damage.... owait

Even damage Radial Javelin So much damage again nao.... owait 

... and you need to stop tripping balls yourself 

Excal's damage abilities are crap now. Period.

Slash damage slash dash, wow so much damage.... owait

Even damage Radial Javelin So much damage again nao.... owait 

Excalibur is wonderful, and fun as all heck. He is the MOST balanced warframe in the game. With Oberon at second, and Nekros at third. The Three most balanced and pretty much never had to have a violent buffing, or Nerfing if they ever had any...

Edited by Arlayn

Excalibur is wonderful, and fun as all heck. He is the MOST balanced warframe in the game. With Oberon at second, and Nekros at third. The Three most balanced and pretty much never had to have a violently buffing, or Nerfing if they ever had any...

lol......

no.....

sorry but damage 2.0 was the biggest nerf excal has ever received. All of his Armor Ignoring abilities are gone rendering him useless even approaching endgame (level 30 grineer.... yeah not happening anymore) and he's left with radial blind and super jump. 

Greaaaat press 2 cause thats the only power really worth using..... 

sounds an awful lot like other frames with their powers......

I have to disagree with you on your balanced frame picks btw

Oberon is just 4 spam. Smite is ok, but is just too out of wack with its projectiles. 

Hallowed Grounds is meh, considering most enemies just jog through it. 

Renewal takes light years to reach someone. 

Nekros, while his abilities are good in theory, are terrible ingame 

Soul Punch does impact damage now. Wow, much great, such good. Yes it still retains its knockdown, but its potency as a reliable form of late game damage vanished the second damage 2.0 happened. 

Terrify is just clunky to use. Limited to 1 cast till others have disengaged, laughable armor reduction and some pretty annoying enemy scatter. 

Desecrate is his bread and butter as most people would say, but it gets TERRIBLY boring to use. 

Shadows of the Dead, while cool needs SERIOUS AI tweaks.