Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is The New Useless Frame?

TrashSpider

I would like to disagree with some of the warframe placements. I think all of the frames can be useful if modded correctly.

However to start with I do not think Valkyr is a useless frame at all. If you have enough energy drops then she's immortal and can hold out for a long time, enough at least to revive or escape against very high levels.

Excalibur for me is not a end game frame, but he is so all around not bad that I think he should be higher, Slash dash is the best "Oh Crap I'm Cornered" ability as it damages and moves you, also great for getting to revives or objectives in a pinch, Radial Javalin, not to amazing but great for getting rid of common mob so you can focus on the damaged heavies, and lastly Radial Blind just works a treat stopping enemies long enough to revive, escape, or dispatch a few heavies. Sure Radial Blind is the only useful one once you get to the higher levels. But he's just so good at being mid level I feel he should be above the other mid level frames.

Loki I personally do not see as a God frame, he is great for escaping and weakening the enemy a lot, however other than the 50% melee damage boost there isn't much going for killing those level 100+ frames. To me he's the best for getting out of the sticky situation.

The closest I think you can get to a God frame IMO is Trinity, Well of Life + Energy Vampire builds energy so, if done right she never runs out. Link can be used for dishing out damage, however I rarely used it. And then Blessing, as long as Trinity has Energy, then the whole team is Immortal. She is the ultimate Survival mode frame.

Nekros is another survival mod goodie, however not for higher levels, Nekros' Desecrate means health for all, and from what I gather more Life Support occasionally. 

Ash is one that although he is fun, his abilities have their limits and after high levels his damage just doesn't cut it and so Smokescreen is his only useful attribute which is short lived.

These are my opinions and tbh I am a survival fiend so my perspectives will not be the same as others. But meh, I like all the frames, hence why I have them all.

Only useless frame i feel so far personally is Saryn. Only one decent damaging skill for mobs beyond level 30. Second to her could be Valkyr, her melee during ult is unreliable except for the invulnerability and the standard melee dmg but its melee speed is disheartening. 3rd useless could be Banshee. She is only good because of her Sonar. The rest of her skills are extremely situational. But its all my personal opinion of course. Useless frames in order based on the most useless first would be:

Saryn->Banshee->Valkyr

1st        2nd            3rd

I would like to recommend that Saryn get moved down to Nekros' spot, and Nekros moved up

Based solely on abilities, Nekros has Crowd Control, and the ability to spawn a handful of bullet-sponges that can stunluck (if they are grinner heavies), heal allies (infested ancients), or do massive damage, and keep allies shields up (Corpus).

Desecrate loses viability when we are talking about a 0 mod scenario.

*The new ranking system should be based on how useful each ability is, and the frame survivability, no mods, just their abilities.

I don't like this system. For frames like Oberon and Valkyr, mods like Rage are almost compulsory! And since this seems to be an end-game list, it's not fair to exclude these mods. Frames requiring less specialized mods still get the benefit. Some mods give new mechanics that heavily aid the frame - others just enhance existing ones.

For instance - the Fleeting Expertise + Renewal + Rage combination makes it impossible for Oberon to get downed, unless you are stun-locked or otherwise prevented from activating.

And Valkyr. Whenever you see red at the edges of your screen, press 4 and you're invincible. With Rage, losing 250 HP (the high-level enemies are more than happy to oblige) restores 100 energy, which is enough to activate Hysteria - and KEEP activating it, since Hysteria also regenerates heath. So survivability and stagger immunity with Valkyr is basically infinite with a single 9 point mod.

This crap again?

I ask again, what are the parameters on this?

Valkyr is on the bottom because of soloing and that is clearly the only determining factor because in a team her CCing is extremely helpful and she should be fine when people cover her.

Oberon low? He heals and spawn orbs with an AOE that kills. What is wrong with this? That he has only one one-hit ability? Banshee? Another Frame with a late one-hit?

All these things are pretty much random.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Go Loki!

Not to say the little guy's perfect, though. There are a couple of sore spots:

1. Decoy scales poorly to high levels. The thing just doesn't last long enough against high-level enemies to make much of a difference. Now that Saryn's Moult health scales with mod card level, maybe Decoy can as well...?

2. Radial Disarm useless against Infested. Sure, it does some damage to Chargers, but that's probably not intended and it does squat to the others. Perhaps it should be able to disable the special abilities of certain unts (i.e. healers don't heal, runners don't explode etc.)

Skree, I know you're watching >.>

Valkyr is useless?

Are you out of your mind? The girl has a 30 second invulnerability. She doesn't even get knocked down.

I've punched some bosses to death on my own, nightmare runs, etc

Valkyr is awesome.

Although she needs practice. Perhaps that's your problem.

On the other hand, Frost is stupid, it's the frame that should not be.

Imagine T3 def or High density high level survival now... What then? No Vauban/Trinity/Nova/Nyx/Excalibur you screwed pretty much. Loki is solo only and if you solo with him, Ash is better looking and more stylish with way cooler abilitys. I have all frames and i know what i am talking about. Loki is horribly designed frame comparing to all other frames. Higher enemy level the more he starts to fall of. And if you all praise disarm so much, why not chaos and make them attack each other with those guns rather than disarming and making them rush to you with those giant hp pools. And if it is invis you after Ash got it too but with stagger and lower cost and same damage multiplier. Also Ash is tankier than Loki. 

Think again, there is nothing cool in him, other than being fastest frame.

I have all frames as well. It's not really a point to argue with Authority.

Yes, Ash has really cool, really ninja-like abilities, but good god do they not scale well at all - the reduced invisibility time, the piss-poor damage of Shuriken and Bladestorm, the fact that his teleport needs a hostile target, the fact that his Bladestorm takes him out of combat for far too long (who cares if your immortal during it, if you're not doing any damage to the enemies it's just a big delaying tactic Solo and just useless Co-op). Just none of it works at high levels, where Loki scales much better thanks to Radial Disarm and a longer invisiblity time (who cares if it's cheaper, Loki has more energy to use than Ash). Besides, why Chaos a pack when you could Radial Disarm AND Chaos a pack? Or just stick a Decoy on a box, has a very similar effect.

Ash being tankier than Loki and 'looking cooler' than him is pretty meaningless - Ash has piss-poor armour as well, so unlike Saryn he can't take a hit at higher levels. And if you're dying as a Loki, either you got hit by an AoE attack while invisible or you just suck at playing Loki.

In short - Ash needs a rework, because right now all his abilities suck and his focus on damage doesn't scale well with high levels at ALL.

Valkyr is useless?

Are you out of your mind? The girl has a 30 second invulnerability. She doesn't even get knocked down.

Valkyr is awesome.

I smell a switch off, but with Valkyr being higher tier against ODS, and Loki, and Frost being non-existent tier on this list...

Valkyr is useless?

Valkyr is awesome.

yes she is useless, I can list tons of reason why

Being the worst off damage frame.

Nobody said that her survival is not good. But her survival ability is what make her a bad frame. 

Imagine loki in invisibility using gun

then imagine a valkyr in hysteria using claw. 

Imagine T3 def or High density high level survival now... What then? No Vauban/Trinity/Nova/Nyx/Excalibur you screwed pretty much. Loki is solo only and if you solo with him, Ash is better looking and more stylish with way cooler abilitys. I have all frames and i know what i am talking about. Loki is horribly designed frame comparing to all other frames. Higher enemy level the more he starts to fall of. And if you all praise disarm so much, why not chaos and make them attack each other with those guns rather than disarming and making them rush to you with those giant hp pools. And if it is invis you after Ash got it too but with stagger and lower cost and same damage multiplier. Also Ash is tankier than Loki. 

Think again, there is nothing cool in him, other than being fastest frame.

I have a version of every frame (I have frost prime instead of reg. frost, reg. mag, reg. Ember, and reg. excal), I even have two Loki's. You really don't know what you're talking about. 

That stuff about looking cooler and his abilities being cooler is just your opinion and doesn't matter.

Loki doesn't have Chaos.

Being tanky doesn't matter when you can completely avoid damage by staying invisible.

And none of his abilities fall-off at later levels, unlike Ash.

Go Loki!

Not to say the little guy's perfect, though. There are a couple of sore spots:

1. Decoy scales poorly to high levels. The thing just doesn't last long enough against high-level enemies to make much of a difference. Now that Saryn's Moult health scales with mod card level, maybe Decoy can as well...?

2. Radial Disarm useless against Infested. Sure, it does some damage to Chargers, but that's probably not intended and it does squat to the others. Perhaps it should be able to disable the special abilities of certain unts (i.e. healers don't heal, runners don't explode etc.)

Skree, I know you're watching >.>

Use Decoy against infested, and use Radial disarm+decoy against everything else. You're welcome.

This bugs me. Volt = Mag? Last I checked, Magnetic was better for corpus than electricity and then again, what is electricity even good at? Robotic, that's it. Frost's abilities are pretty bad, excluding Snow Globe, which is still very situational (only good for stationary objectives). I personally use Banshee as my main, and a rework is DEFINITELY needed, but low teir? Whenever I see other people using Banshee, they bring automatic rifles and SHOTGUNS... rarely snipers/bows. With the right loadout she can one-shot a lvl 30 Lech Krill. And I'm pretty sure Lokis don't carry entire teams through level 40+. Radial Disarm? Infested GG. #Booben4President2016

This bugs me. Volt = Mag? Last I checked, Magnetic was better for corpus than electricity and then again, what is electricity even good at? Robotic, that's it. Frost's abilities are pretty bad, excluding Snow Globe, which is still very situational (only good for stationary objectives). I personally use Banshee as my main, and a rework is DEFINITELY needed, but low teir? Whenever I see other people using Banshee, they bring automatic rifles and SHOTGUNS... rarely snipers/bows. With the right loadout she can one-shot a lvl 30 Lech Krill. And I'm pretty sure Lokis don't carry entire teams through level 40+. Radial Disarm? Infested GG. #Booben4President2016

I see your bastille&Vortex and raise you a decoy

I dont think  any warframe is useless wiith the right mods ( forma, corrupted) and how you play the game. >><

every warframe has a situation in when they're needed.

I will agree that each frame has a place and purpose.

Some just do their job better.

(Not directed at you sorry)

Like I wouldn't consider Ash low tier because he does his job well: he is geared towards personal survivability. His life comes before others and he does it well. His utility for others makes him unwanted in defenses so people might not like him. He is a selfish frame and that's OK because he is really cool. Maybe a small buff and a little tweak to Blade Storm but that is it.

Nekros right now to me is just a desecration bot. I feel that instead of making the enemies run away they should stand in fear because otherwise you gotta chase after the enemies which is a HUGE pain during defense or extermination. He is squishy and deserves to at least be immune to damage during the casting animation.

The Ai for his shadows need a change because forbid you spawn them ahead of time and they do nothing and don't even follow you. You just wasted 100 energy on meat shields that dont even shield. We should have some control over them (using g to mark the radius they will relocate to is nice). Power strength should also buff your clones even a little. The Ai should be similar to those invasion and have an innate protection trait that triggers when health is damaged on the host (whoever spawned them). This would make them much more viable. They are good right now for protecting an area if they aren't Grineer or Corpus Crewman. Otherwise they just go hide. They need to be more aggressive like Napalms and Moa.

A lot of "low tier" frames have so much potential but the application wasn't that good.

Also I am assuming that these higher tier mods like Rage, Quick Thinking, ect arent accessible to new players. Alot of players are saying if you put X,Y, Z on a warframe they will survive

But we need to think: what if you aren't lucky enough to have these. They need to be able to be strong without super rare mods and make the rare mods a compliment, something that enhances them not put them in the position they should be in the first place.

Edited by Anatolius

OK all of you guys are RIDICULOUS!!! Loki is one of the worst frames I can't believe you!!!

Ember Oberon and Banshee are mid Tier at the very lowest!!! I am ANGRY HOW DUMB THIS IS!!!

OK LISTEN UP i know Loki has his little tricks but with his armor rating, you won't stand a chance.

Trinity is God Tier! Even with her minor Nerf!!!!

Here is my list:

GOD TIER: TRINITY                                                                  (ONLY WARFRAME WITH INVULNERABILITY, ENERGY REGEN)

HIGH TIER: FROST// VAUBAN// NOVA// RHINO                        (iNSTAKILLS AND CC ARE COMMON)

MID TIER: EMBER// NEKROS// MAG// OBERON// ASH             (SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE

LOW TIER: SARYN// VOLT// BANSHEE// EXCALIBUR              (BOREDOM TO PLAY WITH)

USELESS: VALKYR AND LOKI ( ABILITIES DO NOTHING FOR THE BATTLEFIELD, AND IF THEY DO, THEY ARE SUCKY :|)

Here are my reasons for the list

GOD TIER:

Trinity: Trinity, as stated can heal, get energy, transfer damage to 3 enemies, and instaHEAL! She is perfect for any mission-type. The simplicity of her archetype can go anywhere!!!

High Tier:

Frost: An okay first ability, icy floor of death, best shield in-game, then radial Antarctica

Vauban: Grenades...grenades with universal possibilities

Nova: She is the only warframe that can get up to 50 kills at once. Not even with help

Rhino: Spam, Rhino Stomp and Iron Skin

Mid Tier:

Ember: Fireball is surprisingly better! She can spray oil on her enemies to amp fire dmg wonderfully. Radial flame perfect for infested. Firecrackers! All her abilities are amped with Accelerant so you can kill even faster with her abilities.

Nekros: Soul Punch is useful. Terrify is okay, Desecrate should win Ability of the Month, and SOTD is buffed version of loki's decoy.

Mag: Pull got nerfed. Shield Polarize Is very useful against corpus since EVERY SINGLE UNIT HAS A SHIELD. Attractor should cost less, and Crush is useful.

Oberon: Cool name, cool abilities. HE IS NOT GAY, "he is a fairy king", and he should be appreciated. He is the starchild of Trinity and Nekros. More healing, more attacks, a perfect combination in a warframe.

Ash: \(^0^)/ Shuriken can hit 2 enemies and has slash damage! All his other abilities could be better.

Low Tier:

Saryn: Venom is cool. Molt needs to burst poison or something at least, the melee system is too boring to go out and kill ppl with a melee weapon, and Miasma is kewl.

Volt: You only spam Speed and that's it. Props to the first warframe to have superspeed but cmon. He needs work.

Banshee: Spam sonar, thats about it.

Excalibur: super jump....slash dash is ok. He needs more Cutting abilities! I was thinking add slash damage to weapons...it will be better than"super jump"

And now for the "Trash":

Valkyr: Ripline. Wheee! Alright I'm done having fun now. I have to kill ppl. not one at a time either! Warcry Warcry, do not make another ability that can up your armor rating, just don't, because it takes away the real possibilities an ability can do. Make it more worth my 75 ENERGY, BECAUSE IT ISN'T RIGHT NOW!!! Hysteria is close to the bottom of the killing move list, because the terrible claws. I love the damage, hate that they can barely connect to an enemy!

Loki: Do i even have to? His armor is S#&amp;&#036; and Warframe will crash becore he can kill someone with an ability! He is not useful on a large scale.

I just want to thank you CRYOTECH for making this forum, and thank you for giving an opinion. No offence! :) 

As we all remember as old user, we had a tier system that ranked all frames from god to useless/trash.

Vauban being the top of his class while mag being the useless one. But since we went through quite a update since then.

Who the top now? Am not suggesting these are the must have, anyone has the right to play what ever frame they want, I am merely asking who need's the most reworked Cough*Ember,Valkyr *Cough.

Updated tier system, based on the community opinion *new version thanks to SquirmyBurrito

*The new ranking system should be based on how useful each ability is, and the frame survivability, no mods, just their abilities.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QQ_nL2AkSXbt9pRqyEAY--RQfteEmBwWPxgFeELCD2s/viewform

^link to the polls to who useless.

nBQcD7A.png

Oberon I found to vary powerful and hard to kill when modded right. All his abilities really work to keep him strong. Rage and healing with reduction and vitality alone make him hard to kill throw on steel fiber and his 4 skill then he demolishes the corpus with his pinky

They should just keep Loki/Excalibur/Mag/Nova/Rhino and get rid of all the other frames.

Anyone who thinks any of the frames I listed (especially Excal) are weak needs to spend some time learning proper builds.

Excalibur is boring, Keep all the frames. I'm sorry but EXCA needs to be better. How could you say that?