Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tetra - Lvl 30 - No Potato => Thoughts [[ Now With Build! ]]

Els236

So, after leveling my Tetra to 30, I decided to come here and give some feedback for you guys.

Like I say in the title, my Tetra is not potatoed or forma'd (I bought BP, then rush-built it), so keep that in mind.

So the base Tetra, in my opinion, is the big brother of the Cestra pistol, apart from a couple of small things (that I mentioned in another post). 

Base damage is better than a few other rifles, but remember that the Tetra doesn't have any slash damage, so its Impact and Puncture are higher. 

Fire rate is fairly average; I believe the Tetra is only slightly higher than the Braton.

Spread and recoil are pretty high on this weapon, making it pretty hard to aim at long range, but close - medium range, its fairly easy to aim.

Clip size is pretty good, but empties fairly quickly.

No polarities! 

Someone on the forums classed the Tetra as a "Corpus Tommy Gun", which is basically what it is.

If you want to make this gun beastly, then I would definitely suggest a potato and a forma or 2 (like the Cestra)

I would recommend:

- Serration 

- Fire rate mods

- Puncture mods

+/- Not sure about Punch-through - could work though; same thing goes for multishot mods

A note: if you really want, add a second forma and make the gun do combo'd elemental damage.

Another note: This build makes this gun eat ammo, so I would recommend a "Rifle Scavenger" aura or Ammo Boxes.

EDIT: My build with Potato and 1 Forma:

CHnfyuv.png

JvUXDdX.png

Edited by Els236

k.

kk.

YOU ALREADY LEVELED IT TO 30?

Man that's... dedication right there :O

Not really, 2 T2 defenses and a 25 min survival... 

Dedication or Survival/Defense. Whatever works for you.

exactly. 

Wow.. how did you level it that fast!? o.O

I have an affinity booster - then I just went and did a couple of Survivals and T2/T3 defenses.

i want to try it, yet it looks so.... blah.

it's not the best gun out there by far - it definitely needs a potato and/or forma to make it feels useful 

How does it compare to Boltor?

I don't have the Boltor, yet I would say the Boltor is better

It lacks a wind-up time and a rotating barrel/clip/thing. Comparing it to the Cesta is an insult to the little guy.

hehe, you read my other post :p

Does it have enough pew pew sound/factor if it has i will use multiple forma on it :)

If it is like dera sound i will not bother :(

It's very pew pew pew - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEXxuF0pjzk&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Els236

hehe, you read my other post :p

ಠ_ಠ

....̄ͩͥ̐́҉̡̺̗̹̘ĕͮͭͩ̓͏̞̲͕ͅ ̢͙̫̺̅̿̐̒̀ͭ̌͐͘ţ̴̛̻̝̥̟̘̫̬̖̟̟̠͍̘̆ͪͬ͛̽̊ͥͤͯ̂́̈́̃ͯ͘͠ ͓͓͕ͅ ͖̝̟ ̭̖͚̲̃ͩ͌́͒͋ͨ͢͡͏̩̪͍͈̙̳i̸͎͉̻̜̞̤͕̔ͮ̉ͫ̌̇ͤv̔̃̑́̐ͧͧͧ͏ ҉͇͎͕ e̬̼̣̲̠ͭ̾̇̓̆͒̈͛-̵̘̬̘̥̝͙̣͖̜̫͎̣̳̈̿́̒̓̊̑̕͜͡i̦̤̳̮͍͉͍̝͓͐͆ͯ̏ͦ͑̀ͭ̊ͥ̍̍ ̸̶̧ͨ ̼̳̞̣̣d̨̂ͦ̾́̒̚͏̸̤̪̪ ̸̶̴̯̮̤̼̱̟̬̼͓̩͙̲͖̙̞̹̤̟̳̭͍̹͖̦̳̮͒ͭͩ̀ͮ͑͑̋ͤ̿ͣͤͧ̽̐̿͜ ̬̯̓͡ ̡̹̹̎ͥ̎ͨ҉҉̴̫̩̩̮̫̱̼̦͓̺̗̯̞̺̗̣̣̹̞͗ͣ̌ͩͤ̇̓̽ͪͫ͗̇͋́͜ͅͅ ̌̈́̎̂ ̶̡̡̠̙̞̣̬̥̲͈̫ͩ̒́̏̄̏ͬ̀͒̾ͅͅi̸̦̱̲̭̘͉͇̒͗̆́̄́̃̽ͩ̽͌ͥ̄ ̳ͧͥ̚ ̺̜̰̝̝ͅ ̷̴̨̛̫͉̝̬͉̦̹͕̜̝̞͎͍͗ͪ̇̀ͬ̽͑̂̈́̓̌ͯ̽̎̃ͬͯ̈ͯͨͭ͆̃͌͘͟͠ͅ͏ ͉̲ͩͧ ͖̗̟.̝̺̦͉̬̣ͤͬͅ

I read every post...

ಠ_ಠ

....̄ͩͥ̐́҉̡̺̗̹̘ĕͮͭͩ̓͏̞̲͕ͅ ̢͙̫̺̅̿̐̒̀ͭ̌͐͘ţ̴̛̻̝̥̟̘̫̬̖̟̟̠͍̘̆ͪͬ͛̽̊ͥͤͯ̂́̈́̃ͯ͘͠ ͓͓͕ͅ ͖̝̟ ̭̖͚̲̃ͩ͌́͒͋ͨ͢͡͏̩̪͍͈̙̳i̸͎͉̻̜̞̤͕̔ͮ̉ͫ̌̇ͤv̔̃̑́̐ͧͧͧ͏ ҉͇͎͕ e̬̼̣̲̠ͭ̾̇̓̆͒̈͛-̵̘̬̘̥̝͙̣͖̜̫͎̣̳̈̿́̒̓̊̑̕͜͡i̦̤̳̮͍͉͍̝͓͐͆ͯ̏ͦ͑̀ͭ̊ͥ̍̍ ̸̶̧ͨ ̼̳̞̣̣d̨̂ͦ̾́̒̚͏̸̤̪̪ ̸̶̴̯̮̤̼̱̟̬̼͓̩͙̲͖̙̞̹̤̟̳̭͍̹͖̦̳̮͒ͭͩ̀ͮ͑͑̋ͤ̿ͣͤͧ̽̐̿͜ ̬̯̓͡ ̡̹̹̎ͥ̎ͨ҉҉̴̫̩̩̮̫̱̼̦͓̺̗̯̞̺̗̣̣̹̞͗ͣ̌ͩͤ̇̓̽ͪͫ͗̇͋́͜ͅͅ ̌̈́̎̂ ̶̡̡̠̙̞̣̬̥̲͈̫ͩ̒́̏̄̏ͬ̀͒̾ͅͅi̸̦̱̲̭̘͉͇̒͗̆́̄́̃̽ͩ̽͌ͥ̄ ̳ͧͥ̚ ̺̜̰̝̝ͅ ̷̴̨̛̫͉̝̬͉̦̹͕̜̝̞͎͍͗ͪ̇̀ͬ̽͑̂̈́̓̌ͯ̽̎̃ͬͯ̈ͯͨͭ͆̃͌͘͟͠ͅ͏ ͉̲ͩͧ ͖̗̟.̝̺̦͉̬̣ͤͬͅ

I read every post...

I watch you sleep at night >:D

So, after leveling my Tetra to 30, I decided to come here and give some feedback for you guys.

Like I say in the title, my Tetra is not potatoed or forma'd (I bought BP, then rush-built it), so keep that in mind.

So the base Tetra, in my opinion, is the big brother of the Cestra pistol, apart from a couple of small things (that I mentioned in another post). 

Base damage is better than a few other rifles, but remember that the Tetra doesn't have any slash damage, so its Impact and Puncture are higher. 

Fire rate is fairly average; I believe the Tetra is only slightly higher than the Braton.

Spread and recoil are pretty high on this weapon, making it pretty hard to aim at long range, but close - medium range, its fairly easy to aim.

Clip size is pretty good, but empties fairly quickly.

No polarities! 

Someone on the forums classed the Tetra as a "Corpus Tommy Gun", which is basically what it is.

If you want to make this gun beastly, then I would definitely suggest a potato and a forma or 2 (like the Cestra)

I would recommend:

- Serration 

- Fire rate mods

- Puncture mods

+/- Not sure about Punch-through - could work though; same thing goes for multishot mods

As of 1.8.2 the Tetras accuracy is actually very good now. Its problem is travel time.

The best way to describe it is a buffed boltor. Yes i know it might seem harsh but that is what it is. However that doesnt stop me. I still enjoy using it. You shouldnt use it as your best DPS gun, but it will be good for low-medium levels. A forma or two will be required for high level and endgame content.

As of 1.8.2 the Tetras accuracy is actually very good now. Its problem is travel time.

The best way to describe it is a buffed boltor. Yes i know it might seem harsh but that is what it is. However that doesnt stop me. I still enjoy using it. You shouldnt use it as your best DPS gun, but it will be good for low-medium levels. A forma or two will be required for high level and endgame content.

Indeed, the accuracy buff was severely needed - like I said in my original post, this gun definitely needs a potato and forma to really shine!

--- Added my own build to main page ---

Using your Rupture card is practically worthless.  You're get a 25% bonus on the base damage of the weapon to only get 34 impact damage.  So that means you're only getting less than an extra 10 impact damage points.

Where, if you took that card off and put on any elemental card nearly maxed, you would be getting elemental damage far greater than the measly few damage you are getting for increasing your impact damage.

Using your Rupture card is practically worthless. You're get a 25% bonus on the base damage of the weapon to only get 34 impact damage. So that means you're only getting less than an extra 10 impact damage points.

Where, if you took that card off and put on any elemental card nearly maxed, you would be getting elemental damage far greater than the measly few damage you are getting for increasing your impact damage.

I wanted to note the same.

I would even go with combined element instead of puncture und impact mods.

Or maybe 3 elements and speedtrigger or shred.

Edited by Voidflow

Karak has:

+ Hitscan = more hits

+ Higher accuracy = more hits

+ Bloom instead of recoil = .... more hits

+ Nearly twice the rate of fire = burst DPS is very good

+ More balanced mix of damage types = effective against most targets

Tetra has:

+ 15% higher base damage

+ Better fire:reload ratio.

Seeing as I already have a potato in Karak, I don't think I'll be putting one into Tetra.  Tetra is a weapon ideal for a situation where you're facing a ton of easily defeated enemies wearing armor that keep coming in endless swarms.  So...  Apollodorus farming.