Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, About The Incoming New Faction...

Sebastianx

New faction: The Vortigaunts from Half-Life and other Xen creatures!

Grunts, Gargantua,Houndeye

Alien Controllers throw energy orbs at Warframes (they could be like drones)

Bullsquids could spit acid on Warframes

A Headcrab could jump on a Warframe's head

Nihilanth could be the new giant boss > Lephantis

This could be the new faction! They would be similar to the infested but much more challenging and interesting!

Warframes vs Gargantua - How epic would be! :D

They said the less humanoid faction.....i hope we get to fight these 

00.gif

Antlions from Half-life 2, that's nice. If this can't be the new faction, at least they should update the infested models. Chargers are uninteresting, they move too fast to see the detail and bark like stupid dogs.Its annoying. Long legged infested or spider-like creatures would be something fun to fight.

If I could replace the charger models with antlion models, that would make the game 2x more fun.

Exactly like 

Padre_Akais said.

I'd like DE to release an update, put some weapons \ new warframe etc and not tell us about the faction.

We suddenly get in game, see invasion missions and the mentioned faction is just invading the solar system, killing Grineer, Corpus and Tenno.

Then after a short while they put the faction on the website and tell us all about it.

I'm really wondering what sort of niche this new faction might provide.

Grineer - Defined by weapon variety(Same Grineer, different weapon)

Corpus - Defined by troop variety(Bunch of different robots doing different things)

Infested - Defined by waves of melee(wall of angry meat)

Maybe stealth and/or stalking(Velociraptor) enemies?

I just hope they don't recycle one of the niches.

I talked about that here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/164897-brainstorming-about-a-4th-faction/

Grineer - "Fire" faction, weak to poison etc. Armor and weapon variety, a mix of defense, offense and tactics.

Corpus - "Electric" faction, weak to cold etc. Shields and mob variety (both humanoid and robotic). Should be more defensive

Infested - "Toxic" faction, weak to fire etc. Pure health, meleefocused and zombielike swarming. Highly aggressive

In that thread:

Sentients - "Cold" faction, weak to electricity etc. Think of the Sentients as a mix of coldhearted robotics, with uber-advanced AI to make them all mystical in their ways of behaving. They could focus more on few and slow units, but powerful and (mostly) very tanky. They could be the most "tactical" faction, being highly reliant on using abilities, which could be related to things such as time/space and stasis (which is why they fit as the "cold" faction). Someone even suggested in that thread that they could be faction where using ACCURACY against them should be highly rewarded (so, a weakspot kind of faction). That'd give snipers and bows some more indirect love too :)

In that thread of mine, the lore I quickly wrote about them fits quite well with what Padre_Akais wrote too, about HOW they invade!

Either that, or any other kind of Robotic (or Insect, that's cool too) faction would be really cool! :)

Edited by Azamagon

Antlions from Half-life 2, that's nice. If this can't be the new faction, at least they should update the infested models. Chargers are uninteresting, they move too fast to see the detail and bark like stupid dogs.Its annoying. Long legged infested or spider-like creatures would be something fun to fight.

If I could replace the charger models with antlion models, that would make the game 2x more fun.

IT's an arachnid from starship troopers :p 

I want an invasion/faction of stalker-esque enemies I'm talking Ninja Gaiden (1,2,or 3 RE your pick) difficulty but thats me... damnit bring in the spec-ops!!! The Tenno are unparalleled right now dude we have poison dart guns and rocket launchers and little flying pets that shoot really well...NOT TO MENTION SWORDS OR KILLER BOOMERANGS/FRISBEES...and dont let me forget I have special powers too... give me a challenger that makes that stuff necessary not just useful. Because right now I can wreck everything... to pieces...

Seriously it would give the new players something to aspire to be able to defeat...

Edit:  hell make something I would RATHER sneak by then to fight... 2 birds?

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

How about an enemy only sensetive to Powers?

Like energy based perhaps.

As for Sentients, was they not defeated by the weapons of old, the Gun and Blade?

Suggesting the Orokin did not use these weapons, rather energy like Void Tower traps.

The stalker's scan suggests all sorts of things, but it still pretty thin on specifics.

We don't really know much about the orokin. We know they fought wars. We know they had a hand in the present manifestation of the infested. We know they sent  the tenno outsystem to fight a war--which they won--then suffered mightily for it.

We know nothing about the sentients, other than the orokin fought a war with them. It's implied they were in another system at some point and maybe the tenno were sent to deal with them. It's only implied, however.

Almost the same thing for the grineer. We know they're clones. We know they're ruled by the twin queens (but no clue what these really are). We know they're expansionistic and are degenerating from the cloning process. We suspect they might be the remnants of what the tenno left behind after the great war--and this from only one line in The Call.

Corpus. We don't know much of anything about their origins. We know they at least appear human. They're profit driven to a fault. They're attempting to re-engineer orokin artifacts. That's about it.

From what DE has said in the livestreams, a new faction will probably be quite alien and come from outsystem. That's about the totality of it so far. Sentients? Maybe, or a debased form of them or even their surviving proxies after all this time, looking for payback (and very Halo-esque, if they go there).

Sentients are not an alien race... orokins were the weirdo while sentients were the humans... what ppl seem to misunderstand is that in the whole war the orokins were the bad guys, not the sentients.

This may just as easily be reversed there isn't anything in the official lore to say one way or the other. For what it is worth I agree with you, but if de decides this was not there's no real basis to cry foul.

Finally lol at the people who think the stalker is a good guy cause of his codex entry.

You suggest Grineer and Corpus are really the Human race?

Ok, lets say they are, no argument there. However they hate Tenno with passion.

Tenno are called Betrayers, Grineer want all dead.

If orokin was not human, then where did Tenno come from?

This theory is interesting, but Lore puts holes in it.

Corpus are huge funs of the orokin tech and they worship orokins like gods thus they call tenno traitors for..

Grineer are more like degenerate brutes (side effect from excessive cloning) who wants everything under their boot.

As we know orokins had the tech to experiment with the tech virus and somehow they managed to create the tenno by sending live humans (?) Into the void. We certainly dont know for sure if tenno are humans tbh but I surely believe that orokins werent humans for sure..

Nkomo-Sama, on 28 Jan 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:Nkomo-Sama, on 28 Jan 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:Nkomo-Sama, on 28 Jan 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

I want an invasion/faction of stalker-esque enemies I'm talking Ninja Gaiden (1,2,or 3 RE your pick) difficulty but thats me... damnit bring in the spec-ops!!! The Tenno are unparalleled right now dude we have poison dart guns and rocket launchers and little flying pets that shoot really well...NOT TO MENTION SWORDS OR KILLER BOOMERANGS/FRISBEES...and dont let me forget I have special powers too... give me a challenger that makes that stuff necessary not just useful. Because right now I can wreck everything... to pieces...

Seriously it would give the new players something to aspire to be able to defeat...

Edit:  hell make something I would RATHER sneak by then to fight... 2 birds?

The problem with suggesting that the enemies make it akin to the Ninja Gaiden experience has one major problem: Currently the game play and AI in Warframe is not robust enough to allow that and still be satisfying. If they instituted something like that you would wind up with enemies that require cool wall run to back flip over the enemy and combo their exposed bits, with no actual fluid/viable way to do that in game. In Warframe as it currently is, it would be entirely unsatisfying, and extremely frustrating to have enemies that require such a robust system with no such system actually in place.

Parkour would have to have a major revamp, and combat would also need a much more comprehensive system to be on par with Ninja Gaiden or DMC (the originals). The AI and spawning system would also require a very large overhaul. Admittedly, these things are needed, desperately, but asking for something that complex right now is rather out of the scope of feasibility. DE needs to deal with some (serious) balance issues, as well as start making factions more unique instead of texture swaps in smaller doses first.

At best we can hope to have Melee 2.0 offer some interesting combos, but the chances it will not just largely be the equivalent of point blank gunplay is unlikely.

Or maybe you are just asking for a faction of enemies that are like the Stalker right now, with the current combat and AI system as it stands. All I can say is that I guarantee you will not have as much fun as you think. A faction of power cancelling, one hit killing enemies, that are swarming you in groups of 2-10 at a time is not going to be a satisfying experience; currently that is how DE makes things "challenging" and we should not be encouraging that behavior.

Edited by Psroij

The sentinets are coming.

if any mass effect fans here the reapers are close shepard warned us they'd be back but we didn't listen.

WE FIGHT AND DIE

OR

RUN AND DIE

KEY CHOICES!

Space Ninjas don't die 

We are killing 50 of them while doing backflips

Frankly, I'd prefer no tease at all.

I don't want to hear about it... I don't want to see upcoming shots of it... No teaser trailers at all.

Just, on an innocuous Wednesday afternoon, have them invade every mission killing everything and being strong enough to do so in a spectacular fashion.

Let the Corpus and the Grineer hire us to uncover their homebase and then hire us to destroy it.

Then we experience only a half victory by beating them at their homebase only to uncover that they have entire homeworlds (hopefully a planet past outer terminus) full of the same faction ready to mobilize. 

That would be interesting.

All the buildup DE can muster would be nothing compared to the word of mouth generated by the enigma of a new mob that the codex can't recognize wiping everything in the game out.

6sVK9wY.gif?1

• 1 month later...

Please no more human factions. We have enough already.

Grineer - ugly humans

Corpus - humans with robots

Infested - mutated humans

I would really love to see something alien, something creepy would be a bonus.

Similar like aliens out of xcom, halo, the tyranids from warhammer, zerg and protoss from starcraft are all good ideas. A new star map and new planets.

And of course with new factions they could increase the infested roster and give them infested versions. Infested do lack a ranged unit which I think they do deserve at least one.

Anyway thats my wishlist.