Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some People Really Make Me Ashamed To Play Nova

VeryNinja

So the slow is such a handicap that the damage boon and wave clearing isn't enough of a benefit to supercede it?

It's easy to insult people. You've been doing it since grade school, but how much of a negative is it for these players to use their abilities at will that it causes grown men to insult each other in a cooperative game?

Edited by Krystalmyth

So the slow is such a handicap that the damage boon and wave clearing isn't enough of a benefit to supercede it?

When the waves contain 20 enemies that are all spread out, yes. All it does it slow everything down. Everything dies in one hit anyway. It just ends up making each wave take 5 minutes while you track down all of the half-frozen mobs.

When the waves contain 20 enemies that are all spread out, yes. All it does it slow everything down. Everything dies in one hit anyway. It just ends up making each wave take 5 minutes while you track down all of the half-frozen mobs.

You know what slows things down to a grinding halt? A player leaving a match because a delay of 10-20 seconds per round ruffles his jimmies. Could you imagine an entire community composed of players with your level of patience and rationale? For as much as you insult the Nova player in this thread for bad play, this player is still in the match contributing while you publicly admit to scrambling like a tantrum-throwing child at a slight delay in a mission where enemies come at you in droves. Come the hell on.

I don't understand you're argument. With skill range maxed they can still be a fairly spread conga line and you can clear them all the way back through a hallway. Furthermore, in survival you should be in one area at a time so there's no reason to go chasing enemies out in the wilderness, another clump will likely come from another door soon enough. Having to sprint an extra .3 seconds is a fine trade off for the fire rate it reduces.

So we have to insult the ones who insulted us just so we can insult more people who got upset at the fact of someone rage quitting in the middle of a match because someone insulted them.

I see.

Whatever. Carry on.

Edited by Kalenath

You know what slows things down to a grinding halt? A player leaving a match because a delay of 10-20 seconds per round ruffles his jimmies. Could you imagine an entire community composed of players with your level of patience and rationale? For as much as you insult the Nova player in this thread for bad play, this player is still in the match contributing while you publicly admit to scrambling like a tantrum-throwing child at a slight delay in a mission where enemies come at you in droves. Come the hell on.

I only leave before the match has started.

It's less of the wait, and more of the annoyance at the idiot who. Even though asked before a round has even started to help things go along faster. Still refuses just because he thinks he's some hotshot for having a spammable ability. This happens very often with the key activated missions, and after 10-20 painfully slow missions just because of one idiot who can't listen to advice, it gets old.

I don't understand you're argument. With skill range maxed they can still be a fairly spread conga line and you can clear them all the way back through a hallway. Furthermore, in survival you should be in one area at a time so there's no reason to go chasing enemies out in the wilderness, another clump will likely come from another door soon enough. Having to sprint an extra .3 seconds is a fine trade off for the fire rate it reduces.

If your power range hits the mobs at the spawn it takes ages for them to go through the door/enter line of sight to be popped. And using M.Prime after 90% is dead already just makes the game even slower. Use M.Prime ONCE after all mobs have spawned and gathered near the pod... it's not that hard.

I only leave before the match has started.

It's less of the wait, and more of the annoyance at the idiot who. Even though asked before a round has even started to help things go along faster. Still refuses just because he thinks he's some hotshot for having a spammable ability. This happens very often with the key activated missions, and after 10-20 painfully slow missions just because of one idiot who can't listen to advice, it gets old.

One has to wonder why you aren't soloing if these are the kinds of things that get you upset

One has to wonder why you aren't soloing if these are the kinds of things that get you upset

I get lonely.

I don't ask for people to not use their ability. I just very kindly ask for them to not spam in every 3 seconds at the beginning of a match. Sometimes, I get a polite "Okay". But more often than not, I get insulted, and then a load of ability spam that makes getting to wave 10 of a defense only take an hour or two.

I see frames' 4th abilities as the panic button; thus, if the team is pretty good, it's not used unless it's an ED or Survival where at one point, it might be necessary to use it just to survive. Otherwise, good old application of various projectiles and blades to the face usually gets the job done. Most regular missions doesn't even require the use of the 4th ability.

Again, that depends on the skill of the group and what each present frame's 4th ability does.

Would you rather OP have stayed and had an argument with the guy? IMO OP took the mature route and removed his/her self from the situations. Maybe you should stop trying to make OP feel bad for making the right decision.

MP spammers are the reason why I don't touch my Nova anymore. I just feel bad when I enter a match and people who brought their damage frames immediately assume they wasted their time.

omg i can't believe how many negative comments towards OP. i know exactly what he is talking about OP is totally right! slowing down the game benefits no one it's just wasted time. searching for stuck mobs every wave is tedious and no fun. in most def missions there is no need for mprime until w15 if you play with good players/weapons. i'm sorry to say i have noticed the quality of players lately going to hell. most noob nova players should play solo because they in no way help the team. i meet lots of selfish players in mdef/def that don't care about sharing xp or defending the pod. they just want to run around spamming 4 or choke spawn points. all this behaviour is not in a team spirit and definitely not the intention devs had when designing this COOP TEAM game. somehow many of you seem to forget that.