Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright, I Give Up. Explain, Please.

(PSN)ToastyFairy01

I run around in Nightmares quite a bit, giving people a hand where I can. I normally use Ember or Trinity (mostly Trinity, as supportive roles seem to be rather rare outside of the cheesy forever-blessing-easy-mode), so it's either support or crowd control. Here's what baffles (and confuses me) when I use Trinity. There are times when it's the energy drain conditioned one, and that's fine. I have Energy Vampire, I fundamentally have infinite energy for not only myself, but for my team.

Why do people keep killing my energy sources? When I see these Novas, these Frosts- why do they kill their income of energy? The Oberons I run into are normally bright enough to recognize the Energy Vampire and tend to take heed to keep from killing it. Vauban I run into a lot less than Oberon, but they seem to be understanding as well.

It makes me chuckle in the end though. These Novas, these Frosts, those that kill my EV targets- I'm usually busy picking them off the ground. Hard to spam without energy, eh?

(Love your Energy Vampire team mates! They keep the energy plentiful!)

Well, for some people it's very hard to look around and think. There is nothing that you can do, my friend, only if you going to play with your own team who know what Trinity is and how Energy Vampire in use looks like, how does it works.
Happens with me all the time as well, sadly.

Edited by Skynin

Why? Its shiny. People are attracted on to shiny things. And also they dont have any any brains and kill whatever they can. I understand that you cannot control what your ult kills, but strictly killing EV or MC targets is being an &#!.

Edited by RoboDoge

Just make an infinite blessing build. Disregard all her abilities expect for blessing, add some duration mods and fleeting expertise.

I'm pretty sure they're talking mostly nightmare mode stuff, as opposed to standard runs where that's much, much easier. Namely, when the map type is energy drain.

Use well of life with energy vampire. That way you can trap the enemy, give them 10x their normal hp while WoL is active and still have them pulsing energy. Unless someone makes a concerted effort, an enemy with 10x the health isn't going down easily.

Edited by Cybernetix

why are you complaining about novas frosts etc that they keep killing ? it's the exact goal of this game isn't it??? if you rage because someone kills enemies in this game, you should consider to revert to games like need for speed. oh wait, you may want to make ppl crazy because they will keep trying to finish races as 1st position as it's the goal.... omg, some ppl are rly crazy sometimes

Edited by Dataz

why are you complaining about novas frosts etc that they keep killing ? it' the exact goal of this game isn't it??? if you rage because someone kills enemies in this game, you should consider to revert to games like need for speed. oh wait, you may want to make ppl crazy because they will keep trying to finish races as 1st position as it's the goal.... omg, some ppl are rly crazy sometimes

You dont know what you are talking about. He isnt complaining about killing in general, he is complaining about people being idiots and killing mobs that can be helpful.

Let me make wild guess, your loved frame is either Rhino or Nova?

Majority of the players dont even know all the abilities and how they work since they dont have all the frames. Then there are people who dont care. And you cant stock on energy in energy vampire mode and in other modes you have enough energy drops.

why are you complaining about novas frosts etc that they keep killing ? it's the exact goal of this game isn't it??? if you rage because someone kills enemies in this game, you should consider to revert to games like need for speed. oh wait, you may want to make ppl crazy because they will keep trying to finish races as 1st position as it's the goal.... omg, some ppl are rly crazy sometimes

A support based Trinity is to be supportive. I'll break it down for you.

Well of Life users need energy, so it's often coupled with Energy Vampire. With Well of Life, while Energy Vampire is active, gives the Trinity both the opportunity for health AND energy. Trinity is not Rhino or Valkyr. She does not have the ability (outside of Blessing) to tank a considerable amount of damage. I personally use Shade, as that allows me to personally rub butts with the enemy. I can cast all my abilities and remain protected by Shade.

Energy Vampire causes the victim to be stunlocked and is surrounded by a pulsating blue light. I normally have something like Stretch on, as that increases the radius from which the energy is given. You roll with me, you'll always be filled to the brim with energy. It has a hell of a reach when you mod for it. Normally, anyone who has ever used Energy Vampire knows of this effect and respect the other Trinities that use it.

Personally, I fight to the bitter end over my friendly Trinities. I do so because I know what Trinity is like and I feel for those that are being a team player. I don't find "kill everything in sight" nearly as important as finishing the objective. During Defense (and Mobile, for that matter), I stick around the objective and pick off anything that manages to trickle through. On Survival, I play either crowd control or oxygen runner (which is extremely often, but acceptable since Shade is my good friend). Admittedly, I am not much help on Exterminations, outside of the occasional "I got your back" moments. During Nightmare, specifically during health and energy drains for tight missions, it's not the kills that matters. It's that one player that keeps everything afloat by not killing.

I have played nearly every frame now and maxed them (some even potato'd), so I understand where they come from, what they can do, and what they shouldn't be doing. Currently working on all he lovely weapons and whatnot.

So, while my Trinity is not the slayer, you will never catch her without energy.

we live in a world full of mindless gamers

Exactly. The type of people who don't bother to tell others what they're doing and then assume it's someone else's fault.

I accept that the chat in Warframe isn't great, and especially if you're not using voice, the heat of battle isn't the best time to type things out, but even so, if you don't want other people killing your EV target, communicate more.

Not trying to anger you,but,unless that someone is a Volt that uses Speed,there's no need for energy when weapons 1 shot everything.And the reason why Volt would use Speed is to rush past enemies (if it's not exterminate)

I love running into Volts, they help speed things along when going to places of interest. I remember a time where I ran into two Vanguard wearing Rhinos that were amped by a Volt. It was glorious.

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01

Either they don't care. Or they don't know that an energy vampire target is supposed to be kept alive. Trinity's description for energy vampire still says you're supposed to attack the target in order to gain energy. That used to be like that a long time ago. DE forgot to change the description. I reported it a few weeks ago. I don't get why it takes so long to simply change a description.

Heh... People are bad enough about paying attention to this on the PC; with expanded chat capabilities and assumed easy access to the forums and the wiki; I can only imagine what it's like on the PS4.

Frankly, this is why frames like Nekros or Oberon are better suited to support for pugging in this game; not because they are more effective but because they don't require your teammates to have functioning brains.

In my experience powers like EnergyVampire and MindControl fail because of AoE damage powers. Sure there's the occasion when a player directly shoots your energy-dispenser / minion because he doesn't care or doesn't know, but most of the time your energy-dispenser / minion dies because players use big AoE skills to take out a nearby crowd of enemies; I can't really blame them, I bet most of the time they don't even notice that they are screwing my EnergyVampire or MindControl.

IMO powers like EnergyVampire and MindControl would become a lot better and team-friendly if the targets became immune to other AoE warframe powers.

Edited by CubedOobleck

In my experience powers like EnergyVampire and MindControl fail because of AoE damage powers. Sure there's the occasion when a player directly shoots your energy-dispenser / minion because he doesn't care or doesn't know, but most of the time your energy-dispenser / minion dies because players use big AoE skills to take out a nearby crowd of enemies; I can't really blame them, I bet most of the time they don't even notice that they are screwing my EnergyVampire or MindControl.

IMO powers like EnergyVampire and MindControl would become a lot better and team-friendly if the targets became immune to other AoE warframe powers.

I never have any of these problems when I play trinity or nyx.  When everything dies to aoe, it means IT DIDN'T MATTER.  And if a player is decent, chances are they have energy siphon and max efficiency, no one needs your EV.  Learn to use to your abilities when it matters, you know, places where aoe does not instant kill everything.  Endless defense and survivals are where EV has a place.

Edited by aa3123

Either they don't care. Or they don't know that an energy vampire target is supposed to be kept alive.

Last time I saw EV, you gained energy based on how much damage you did to the target. (Quite some time ago?)

I did not know it was supposed to be kept alive.

My bad. :x

because team mindset is pew pew > all, your issue is also why nyx's mind control is pointless, MC a ancient healer to "help the team" and the team just kill it instantly, same problem you have.

to solve my issue i just dont equip EV or WOL, best going for a full pwr eff build then improve your pwr dur as best u can after that, reforma her aura slot to use Energy Siphon aura and you wont even miss or care about the loss of EV/WOL or about what your teammates do.