Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Think We Just Beat Survival

Guest Shibboleet

being able to tolerate this amount of soul crushing boredom and repetition is amazing and impressive tbh.. as most people have said they can barely tolerate 30-40mins 

whats the secret to turning the brain off ? do people do this sober ? surely special supplements to dull the brain are needed lol

And then in the 3 hour mark, a sudden host migration kicks everyone out and you get nothing

Yeah that would be my concern too.  I'd be mad as hell if I went 2+ hours and got host migration.  However, I think host migration is only a issue when the host has either a bad connection, poor PC performance or both.   So if your gonna make such a long run, better make sure the player with the best COMPUTER is the host.   Then you won't have much of an issue with host migration.

Just for all of you mathematically illiterate, that exponential is accurate and means *10^x(7 here).

As for informatics illiteracy. Use the win(xp particularly) calc and try getting a result that has more characters than the field allows.

In short, nothing is broken, they just didn't plan that the bonus xp string would have that many characters. If it were broken, there'd be an error message.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

For everyone wondering how they did it : There's a bug with Vauban's Vortex and Penta/Ogris where if a vortex'd enemy is hit by penta/ogris it just dies,no matter the level.

Thanks I'll try it out tonight. ;)

GZ on doing this! 

TennO never fails to impress!

We just did it 2h some days ago and i can tel leveryone its NOT boring, not nearly as boring as running stupid 15 minutes easy mode al lday again and again... or even more stupid invasions...

Really long Survival and Defense is where the Fun is at in this game, the bad thing is that you have to suffer through long times of boring low level content to get there...

You don't need the ogris / vortex glitch (although it is pretty dammed efficient) if you want to do it without a glitch - antimatter drop charged with a max soma / flux or synapse will also kill any level of mob - last run out was before they fixed the level scaling in defense and my nova and a vauban destroyed level 8000+ mobs in one antimatter drop charge (with bastile and molec prime) - If you are going corpus take a mag and shield polarize will all but destroy any level of corpus assuming it has a shield.

2013-12-28_00006_zps8d726687.jpg

- gratz to the OP though :) - thats some going that is guys. - No dirty tricks needed if you know how

and its absolutely true - the fun is right there - High level silly survivals and the odd high level defense, Kinda looking forward to endless void defense tbh :D

Edited by D4RKEST

You don't need the ogris / vortex glitch (although it is pretty dammed efficient) if you want to do it without a glitch - antimatter drop charged with a max soma / flux or synapse will also kill any level of mob - last run out was before they fixed the level scaling in defense and my nova and a vauban destroyed level 8000+ mobs in one antimatter drop charge (with bastile and molec prime) - If you are going corpus take a mag and shield polarize will all but destroy any level of corpus assuming it has a shield.

- gratz to the OP though :) - thats some going that is guys. - No dirty tricks needed if you know how

and its absolutely true - the fun is right there - High level silly survivals and the odd high level defense, Kinda looking forward to endless void defense tbh :D

Antimatter Drop does not detect crits. Better to go with a non-crit secondary with high DPS and accuracy.

Guest Shibboleet

For everyone wondering how they did it : There's a bug with Vauban's Vortex and Penta/Ogris where if a vortex'd enemy is hit by penta/ogris it just dies,no matter the level.

Don't spread rumors please =), yet I can confirm we did not use a Vauban.

Antimatter Drop does not detect crits. Better to go with a non-crit secondary with high DPS and accuracy.

:) maybe - but i don't think anymore damage is needed lol - unless of course they take off the mob cap - It reset back to 25 after that wave. I would assume atm the level cap for mobs is 9999 :( . The flux has virtually no crit chance and that is what i used to kill those mobs. I doubt they will remove the mob cap because well, lets face it now they fixed the scaling not many are likely to hit level 8000 mobs. ;)

Yeah, we've seen this bug as well during that time (we did it on Corpus).

il95kh.jpg

I believe the survival bug is very similar in the way the spawns just stopped out of nowhere. 

Level 8.000 mob was a visual bug...