Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Had To Choose?

BrotherIcarus

So I have been having this discussion recntly with my clan warlord about Streamline and Flow. I think that stream line is just better and take priority over Flow he thinks otherwise. 

So if you had to choose which one would you go for?

(Don't say you would just take both I know you can but that defeats the point of it)

Depends on situation if I am on a frame I like to use abilities a lot (teslas,chaos,ect) then streamline is the one I choose.  However if I am on frames that I like to use powers in conjunction and am able to easily gather energy (rage on valkyr,oberon,trinity,ect) then flow so I can gather it up in bulk.

Why not both..?

That being said, I think Streamline is better.  You have to have a very steady supply of energy orbs to fill your Energy with Flow, and you need a lot to make up for using an Ultimate.  In Mobile Defense and Survival, that's generally not a big issue.

I'd rather be more efficient with my energy than have the ability to have more energy.

Why not both..?

I do use both on one of my builds and having both is a valid choice but most of the time I only use one mod for energy so I have to choose which mod to take.

My Trinity build is the only one with both. In a bad situation being able to chain blessing can save a lot of runs.

I'd take flow, maxed flow over maxed streamline is much better... why? if I can remember right, maxed flow gives you +175% extra energy compared to streamline which saves you only 30%.

So overall maxed flow beats streamline by a long mile, especially if you have a frame like ember that has a large energy pool to expend. Flow will ultimately let you save up more energy.

If you think I'm wrong, post your reason here :p

I'd take flow, maxed flow over maxed streamline is much better... why? if I can remember right, maxed flow gives you +175% extra energy compared to streamline which saves you only 30%.

So overall maxed flow beats streamline by a long mile, especially if you have a frame like ember that has a large energy pool to expend. Flow will ultimately let you save up more energy.

If you think I'm wrong, post your reason here :p

Max flow gives +150%.

I do see were you are coming from but you still need to fill that energy. For example if I as Trinity run into a situation were I need to cast blessing (Live support hit 0 for example) If I have Stream line I only have to pick up 3 energy orbs (going from 0 energy that is) In that kind of situation Flow is actually useless sure I can store more energy but if I don't have enough energy to fill my base amount having a high cap does noting were as making it so I need 30% less energy that normal always helps in every situation.

Max flow gives +150%.

I do see were you are coming from but you still need to fill that energy. For example if I as Trinity run into a situation were I need to cast blessing (Live support hit 0 for example) If I have Stream line I only have to pick up 3 energy orbs (going from 0 energy that is) In that kind of situation Flow is actually useless sure I can store more energy but if I don't have enough energy to fill my base amount having a high cap does noting were as making it so I need 30% less energy that normal always helps in every situation.

I guess that works too, from my experience, if I use streamline, I usually use it in conjunction with fleeting experience so I get max benefit. But again it depends what frame you use that'll benefit from it.

I agree with a few people that early on Flow can be better. But when you're around lvl 30, I think generally Streamline is better. 

Flow might be better on faster, normal missions like capture, etc., but Streamline is better for survival and defense. My reason is because I think it's better to make efficient use of the energy available. There are lots of orbs just lying around in survival and defense. Just pick them up when needed and be more efficient with what you have. Essentially with Streamline, each orb that you see is doing 30% more work. With Flow, you're just able to carry more. Why carry more if the ground can carry it for you?

Once you potato your warframe and it's a warframe that you use their abilities a lot, then you really should be using both Flow and Streamline.

Edited by Sh1n3y

Once you potato your warframe and it's a warframe that you use their abilities a lot, then you really should be using both Flow and Streamline.

I don't really deem using both as being necessary and sadly the limiting factor most of the time is mod slots not mod energy. 

So I have been having this discussion recntly with my clan warlord about Streamline and Flow. I think that stream line is just better and take priority over Flow he thinks otherwise. 

So if you had to choose which one would you go for?

(Don't say you would just take both I know you can but that defeats the point of it)

flow is a crap mod.. 

Streamline is the mod i use on every single build...

If you have a Car and 200 liters gas.

Is it better to mod it to have a mod that makes the tank of the car able to fit 200 liters instead of 150... or make it so that it only needs 30% less gas overall?

No matter what your energy cap is, it won´t help you if you have not enough energy at all...

Streamline because I may need abilities soon after I have been depleted by a Ancient Disruptor. Yes, when I have to stay immobile, like with Frost on most defense missions, Flow might be more beneficial but generally Streamline is better because orbs stay on the ground for a while and rarely the situation is so dire that it can't allow me to dispatch briefly to obtain some energy.

Guest Shibboleet

If you have an EV Trinity battery tagging along or are the Trinity battery always go with flow.

Edited by Shibboleet

Streamline, of course. It's just better in every situation (except possibly when leveling low level frames).

For examples, Vauban using Bastille:

Cost: 75 energy (or 53 with streamline)

Duration: 30ish seconds, depending on how you mod it

Vauban's Power: 225 (or 450 with Flow)

Power regen: 2.4 /sec

If you've got Streamline, you'll regen a Bastille's worth of energy every 22 seconds. If you have Flow, you'll regen a Bastille's worth of energy every 31.25 seconds. That means with Streamline, you can keep a Bastille up at all times without drops without it costing you any energy. In Warframe end-game content (currently), gameplay is a marathon, not a sprint. If that changes, Flow will be better than Streamline. For the moment, though, Streamline is much more useful than Flow, especially due to the importance of CC and support abilities.