Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ember Lore Megathread (New Codex Entry in U12)

Anunymau5

If thats true why does Lotus not have a giant burn wound in the other side of her head.

You'd think a couple thousand years into the future they'd have cosmetic surgeries to fix that, right? They can already fix most burn damages today.

I like new lore as much as the next guy but this one seemed like bad fanfiction to me. Excalibur's entry is on a whole other level compared to this one. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by Poe?

Edited by turbofishieEX

Mate ... good thinking!

Kaleen ( Lotus) was wounded by First Tenno ( Ember users since it's Ember entry) when she tried to comfort those children Tennos(ship locked in quarantine after returning from the void). The bound was created, thats why Kaleen helps Tenno now after their awakening to guide them. She do not reveal their past ( Stalker did it for her). So the Orokins were actually humanoids, not super advanced AI. ^^

GG

It's amazing how much they have potentially told us with this little bit of story!

Bloody hell, why don't I have a drawing tablet yet? I really want to make a comic representation of it...I could always do it as detailed pixel art. XD

In fact, I'll start working on it. If anyone reading this is just going to do it lightning fast with a tablet just give me the heads up. lol

It's going to take a while.

Edited by SolidSp33d

dark sector was confirmed as not canon.

And i'm assuming that kaleen is not ember but was burned by ember when she broke quarantine.

A few livestreams ago they confirmed that Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno and that the Orokin appeared after the events of Dark Sector.

Ember is too well developed in the azz and chest to be a kid. Much less with wide hips able to bare children with. o_o

...What? I'm not saying there's a child under the suit, I'm saying that originally she was a child who was discovered by Kaleen along with the rest of the Tenno.

So it looks like Excalibur "was the first" in the sense what someone somehow got into the Void, survived it and returned changed. Pure accident. And then, a ship full of children was intentionally sent on the same road, under the pretense it was a "mechanical malfunction"? And after the children demonstrated their new abilities, the “refuges” story was created. If this is how the Tenno was born (hey, Halo), it may explain why they did attack the Orokin.

Also “notify the families” part – what happened to the crew?

With all the beret and military ship stuff it makes it sound Grineer.

That doesnt sound anything close to the feeling i get from Orokin stuff or what came after with the Tenno. 

This better not be the creation of the Tenno cause the more stuff DE puts out the less and less they seem Ninja.

Its looking like the Orokin were you standard future space human empire and after some accident there was some sort meeting to decide what to do with these "twisted people" and they asked General Hanzo and he said, "I say we turn them into NINJAS!" And all the other people around just stood quiet for several second before they all said, "Yeah, that sounds ok. Turn them into ninjas, let's go with that. Let's brainwash them into thinking they are something cool."

That was some good reading indeed! Unlike excal's one, this one actually depicted some kind of personal background... Now we can just hope that they continue somewhat along these lines. It just adds so much more drama to the game - i love it! 

Also, Ember's definitely as badass as I had imagined

From the sounds of it the people in there that are talking are orokin and the children are the ones they sent out to become tenno and this Keleene got burned by an ember.

That is what I believe.

Me too, although I'm a little dissapointed by how mundane the Orokin seem here. Unable to heal burns and wearing modern sounding clothing? Laaaaame.

I thought it was about the Orokin too. Then I looked at the picture of the grinner ballista: http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131121210203/warframe/images/e/e0/Ballistacodex.png . It seems to resemble the description of Kaleen in the Ember lore posted on the wiki. Coincidence? Perhaps Kaleen is the genetic template of the female grineer clones, and they scar themselves to emulate her? Someone had to make the Grineer, and if it was the Orokin it makes sense that they would base their equipment and military doctrine at least superficial on conventional Orokin forces. 

Don't thing the codex person is actually ember, but rather a orokin officer that got injured by the children that became the first ember after being thrown on the void as some kind of experiment to create super soldiers.

Keleen might be Lotus.

Food for thought.

Me too, although I'm a little dissapointed by how mundane the Orokin seem here. Unable to heal burns and wearing modern sounding clothing? Laaaaame.

Implying that Keelen didn't recently get burned, plus the old women doesn't exactly sound too happy with her to rush her off to reconstructive surgery.

Keelen might have gotten that surgery eventually, because I suspect her to have become Lotus.

Why would a bio about a prime warframe be about the grineer?

Maybe the primes have the ability to record history?

Maybe all that gold stuff on the primes is recorded history but since people are dumb now they are using them as machines rather than their original purpose?

Implying that Keelen didn't recently get burned, plus the old women doesn't exactly sound too happy with her to rush her off to reconstructive surgery.

Keelen might have gotten that surgery eventually, because I suspect her to have become Lotus.

Maybe she didnt get healed and that's why the Lotus wears that helmet thing.