Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U12 Flaws

.solitus

'No new Prime' isn't really a flaw. At no point has there ever been a guarantee we'd have a steady flow of Primes. DE was very clear in the past that we get new Primes whenever they happen to have one ready to roll out.

Besides, it would have been pretty dense to change up Void tables AND add new stuff to them. 

'No new Prime' isn't really a flaw. At no point has there ever been a guarantee we'd have a steady flow of Primes. DE was very clear in the past that we get new Primes whenever they happen to have one ready to roll out.

Besides, it would have been pretty dense to change up Void tables AND add new stuff to them. 

Ok, in other words no new Prime for now... wasnt that hard to tell (not pointing at you specifically Blatant) thanks

Cosmetic bundle pack doesn't include new colour pallet.

New palette's colours are so pale they may as well be white only good colours from it are the range of oranges.

And yes I believe there are some issues with the Void, but then that seems to be the norm with all of the large updates recently. These will be ironed out as swiftly as possible after they are only human.

New Prime never heard a thing about an new Prime so it is moot.

Kinda like how Frosty is now. Globe isn't the all invincible fortress anymore where all can hide and laugh at the badguys there is now a genuine danger to it.

I like most of the changes. Buff to bows, buff to my flux rifle, new HUD and many other little things but.... im a bit disappointed with warframes changes. I've read so many good feedback posts and understood why some of the frames are not useful/dont fulfill their role. I was expecting much more than this. They didn't touch Ash/Banshee/Saryn. Maybe they will in melee 2.0 patch, who knows.

The thing that I really want now is the possibility to change HUD size. It's really good but the size of it in HD resolution is just too small.

My thoughts?

UI 2.0 could use some shuffling. I prefer the old UI when it comes to placement of things, the Minimap was in a good place, and the Health/Shields/Energy/Abilities were all in one spot to easily glance at to know the important stuff, the only thing it was missing was duration timers. Now we got to take our eyes off whats going on to look at this itty bitty box at the bottom of the screen to see what our timers and energy levels are at, or look at those itty bitty numbers at the top of the screen to see our health/shields. With the minimap taking up the old spot where the health/energy/shield/abilities were sitting.

My suggestion would be to incorporate some of the UI 2.0 stuff (such as the duration timers) onto the old UI and give us the option to choose between them.

Frost is going to be too weak for defense now. The bubble dies pretty quickly to even small amounts of enemy fire, since the bubble is so large it takes a ton of hits, unlike a warframe which is much smaller and can move.

I expect high wave defense to simply replace Frost with a Vauban built around Streamline/Fleeting Expertise counterbalanced with Continuity/Constitution in order to produce a highly spammable Bastille to just negate damage by not letting the enemy attack in the first place. Much better then trying to rely on a Frost bubble that will pop in seconds on high wave defense.

The void drop table appears to be a bug and frost has changed I do not see it as a nerf.

All voids can reward fusion cores, credit caches or random mods and other void keys in addition to prime items. It's sh...bad, very bad.

Also frost was nerfed, snow globe has timer and health and health is pretty much nothing in above level 20 missions and his freeze doesn't freeze.

The new UI has some rather serious issues, but parts of it are still good. 

I didn't get any mods after completing a survival mission, so either it's a glitch or players no longer receive rewards if they don't extract (which would be exceptionally stupid, since everyone already complains about people trying to leave early).  The recent mod sort setting puts new mods at the bottom of the list while putting cores at the top, making it more annoying to fuse all of your extra mods. 

DE still refuses to announce the actual drop percentages of void equipment (and thus my Void boycott continues). 

The new Clan-Tech weapons can be bought on the market for platinum (incoming pay-to-win accusations in 3... 2... 1...).

The 4 new Immortal skins weren't put into their own bundle (it's a minor thing, but I was kind of hoping they would be). 

I'll probably have more to say as I find / analyze / think about it. 

Edited by Ganpot

All voids can reward fusion cores, credit caches or random mods and other void keys in addition to prime items. It's sh...bad, very bad.

Also frost was nerfed, snow globe has timer and health and health is pretty much nothing in above level 20 missions and his freeze doesn't freeze.

Yes but I am not looking at the snow globe nerf as a nerf more an opportunity for other frames to shine in defence. Also snow globe was a crutch in defence he was never necessary if you had a good team back when we were farming tier 3 defence for the Braton prime for a friend we never used frost as the enemies never swarmed the defence objective.

The new UI, whilst pretty, features some bizarre choices. Why move elements around the screen to different corners? I'll happily accept this if someone can show me how it is an improvement rather than making changes for changes sake.

When you press escape to pause in-game you still get the old health bars. Why wasn't this changed at the same time? Again, we have a job half done and shipped.

No opinion on the new guns and frame except that I still think DE throw out too much "new" stuff and don't spend enough time refining what they already have.

New game mode was painfully dull but that would be, in part, because being on Earth it's really easy. It also follows the defense reward structure that received much criticism since survival was added because you get very little out of your time investment for a long run.

Didn't get a chance to fiddle with the other bits this morning but currently I am somewhat underwhelmed for a major update. Sorry DE.

Yes but I am not looking at the snow globe nerf as a nerf more an opportunity for other frames to shine in defence. Also snow globe was a crutch in defence he was never necessary if you had a good team back when we were farming tier 3 defence for the Braton prime for a friend we never used frost as the enemies never swarmed the defence objective.

Did you have nyx or trinity? Nerfing frost didn't make other frames magically more viable, it just made frost garbage tier. He has nothing anymore.

What i considered to be flawed in U12

1) The amount of trouble that is needed to craft and acquire Zephyr:

- Oxium amount for small clans (my clan as 7 members only 3 of us did the event)

- Plus the lab researchble materials (not everyone as a stock of them)

- Unable to rush these same parts

2) The new weapons being clan dojo obligatory or platinum

3) The new HUD (the thing i was most excited about to be honest) looking nothing like

the first mockup we saw and its elements being rather small in size making it hard to read and

way to close to the borders of the screen

4) -snip- my bad

5) The Frost Snowglobe change is not ok at all...

6) Most underwhelming update to date

- The actual pre update hype threads were better than the actual update

- Pissed for having to wait days before being able to start using a frame... Let us rush it

There were a lot of good fixes and changes don't get me wrong but it's truly frustrating not being able to use the new frame and weapons.

Edited by Bazools

You mean for Vauban to replace Frost?

Or are you going to rely on corridor heroes and never doing defense in the void?

In the void Frost globe is going to pop very quickly, especially on the waves where it was required to keep the squishier frames alive. Now that it pops so quickly, it is much better to use Vaubans built around having cheap Bastilles and just keep chucking those around so that enemies become defenseless.

Frost has lost his place except in low run defense where enemies wont do enough damage to pop it so quickly. With the number of enemies Xini has who put out so much concentrated fire, I do not expect Frost to be very effective there anymore.

If they were going to do this they should of given Frost damage that scales with the enemy, so that even with a bubble that breaks he would still be able to do damage.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Steel Charge (the melee damage aura) now has 10 levels, maxing out at 14 mod points and +55% melee damage.  So now players will be using that aura purely for it's extra mod capacity.  I swear, this game constantly finds new ways to unbalance itself.  It's like the devs keep taking drunken dares and enjoy seeing the forum's fury / misery. 

No new boss overall, weren't we supposed to get the new Hyena?

We did get a new Hyena boss: do the Darvo alert and see for yourself.  They are a little too similar to Zanuka / Harvester for my tastes, but they are also fun and challenging. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Steel Charge (the melee damage aura) now has 10 levels, maxing out at 14 mod points and +55% melee damage.  So now players will be using that aura purely for it's extra mod capacity.  I swear, this game constantly finds new ways to unbalance itself.  It's like the devs keep taking drunken dares and enjoy seeing the forum's fury / misery. 

We did get a new Hyena boss: do the Darvo alert and see for yourself.  They are a little too similar to Zanuka / Harvester for my tastes, but they are also fun and challenging.

will have to check that