Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think U12 Content Is Just One Big Cash Grab?

WildcatAU

I don't mind to pay for good entertainment. However, I do mind paying for bad entertainment.

Since Warframe is free to play, I don't have to mind or pay at all - and in fact I won't - because the game ceased to be fun a long time ago.

/jaded

I don't mind to pay for good entertainment. However, I do mind paying for bad entertainment.

Since Warframe is free to play, I don't have to mind or pay at all - and in fact I won't - because the game ceased to be fun a long time ago.

/jaded

Um... I guess you like the people on the forums a lot then, else I don't really know what reason you could have to be posting here.

/confused

Um... I guess you like the people on the forums a lot then, else I don't really know what reason you could have to be posting here.

/confused

I did invest some money in Warframe and it WAS fun at some time. Now and then I check back, both in the game and on here. Little changes.

/sobstory

Edited by NIL0S

Seems is a rather suggestive term that "this is my opinion but Im not going to say so". So you are telling me you have this opinion but you aren't affected by it at all? If this was the case you would have asked questions on the topic instead of stating an opinion on said topic. In fact you wouldn't have said anything at all.

So what? now its taboo to think that Something is Wrong or bad but it does not affect you? I gave my opinion on the matter and asked for others, A simple "No" would have been fine but seems people like you have the nerve to assume and retaliate against "opinions". all the while being pretentious. #facepalm 

The fact that you are assuming depresses me, Sorry it just does.

I never once said I ASSUME, I said the FACT. So learn to understand a message before you say someone else is assuming. That only made you seem like false person trying to get an ego boost out of me.

So what? now its taboo to think that Something is Wrong or bad but it does not affect you? I gave my opinion on the matter and asked for others, A simple "No" would have been fine but seems people like you have the nerve to assume and retaliate against "opinions". all the while being pretentious. #facepalm 

Im just saying that you don't have an opinion unless you feel a certain way about said topic. Your opinion can be neutral. Not that it has to be, considering it's normal to have conflicting opinions. So me "retaliating" is just me disagreeing. It would be nice to have a disagreement every once in a while. *sigh*

I never once said I ASSUME, I said the FACT. So learn to understand a message before you say someone else is assuming. That only made you seem like false person trying to get an ego boost out of me.

Yes, you were assuming. You "assumed" that just because i stated it takes a long time to get things that im not patient enough to do it anyway. Just noticed how lame that sounds LOL but i think you get my point.

Its like saying "Yeh 12 hours to get my Nyx is a while but its no biggie" that's pretty much what i meant.

It's really nothing new.  Oh no, we have to research three of the frames now.  Boo hoo.  Nevermind that once that research is done you never have to do it again and can just buy all the part blueprints with credits--making them, for most players, the quickest and easiest frames to get in the entire game after this first week.  If anything, it discourages players from buying the items from the Marketplace.

This, compared to the loads of time people were spending in defenses and survivals trying to get the parts via RNG.

Edited by AhziDahaka

Not really.  It's more like when valkyr was released.  Just time locked but you can buy it early.  Impatient people can pay the price.  Cash grab is when ember prime has next to non-existent drop rate, glaive prime disc with an actual non-existent drop rate, and a prime access being waved around.

Im just saying that you don't have an opinion unless you feel a certain way about said topic. Your opinion can be neutral. Not that it has to be, considering it's normal to have conflicting opinions. So me "retaliating" is just me disagreeing. It would be nice to have a disagreement every once in a while. *sigh*

Look. telling me that "You will understand when you grow up" is not a simple disagreement, that's just a tad bit absurd,  you don't know my age and how well i can manage and understand the principles behind money and income. If you said: 

"Hey its a F2P, it gives devs a right to create ways to get income and the game has been like this for ages so no i disagree"

and just left it there, I would not have minded then =)

You know they could always go back to RNG guys... You know the kind where it used to take anywhere between 5-100 boss runs to get what you want... Sometimes with BP orbs falling off the map or never being dropped, etc...

Think about it. Banshee for some was very unlucky people was quite difficult to get and it used to be that when people gave up they'd buy by plats. Now people will definitely be able to get her. The clan/dojo research system is a great way to "archive" legacy frames to make space for new ones too.

It's not all that bad and quite clever actually.

Mod UI and auto fuse is good.

New earth tile-set is nice.

Solar system and mission start changes were good.

New clantech stuff being available via plat purchase might by cheap, but we've got to think of the Kirito823s, the *~UchihaSasu_ke~*s and the XxXL0n3w0lFXxXs. Those are also players.

You know they could always go back to RNG guys... You know the kind where it used to take anywhere between 5-100 boss runs to get what you want... Sometimes with BP orbs falling off the map or never being dropped, etc...

Think about it. Banshee for some was very unlucky people was quite difficult to get and it used to be that when people gave up they'd buy by plats. Now people will definitely be able to get her. The clan/dojo research system is a great way to "archive" legacy frames to make space for new ones too.

It's not all that bad and quite clever actually.

Oh yes 1 Mutagen Mass (either lucky on battlepay rewards or a bunch of OD runs), 1 Detonite Ampule, 1 Fieldron, and some other stuff for a 3 day research on the frame and then each part. We're talking a minimum of 12 days on research alone, nevermind building the frame itself.

"Cash grab" is a little extreme, but I do think the ability to purchase clan tech (disregarding Warframes) directly from the market is rather out of the ordinary and it has me even just the slightest bit worried about DE's direction for its business model.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Video games, like all products, are ALL big cash grabs. They aren't making this stuff for charity.

The only relevant question is do you enjoy them yanking money out of your wallet or not?

Cause if you do then its money well spent.

They did their job, they got paid and you had fun.

That is how it's supposed to work.

What? You expecting a free lunch?

Oh yes 1 Mutagen Mass (either lucky on battlepay rewards or a bunch of OD runs), 1 Detonite Ampule, 1 Fieldron, and some other stuff for a 3 day research on the frame and then each part. We're talking a minimum of 12 days on research alone, nevermind building the frame itself.

Which is far better than what it was before. There are weapons and frames I've had blue prints and bits for since I started, two months ago, and still haven't been able to finish through some serious grinding.  I'll take 12 days over two months.

But, on topic.

I do not believe U12 was intended as a cash grab. There were a few threads made on the topic of how the new weapons being clan research only was unfair to the players that do not have a clan, nor have an interest in starting a dojo of their own.  Putting these items in the market made them immediately available to those a fore mentioned players, as well as players that have access to their clans research. 

new UI

With essential information in different corners of the screen. Literally. Really helping my gameplay.

Let us reposition them to our liking!

talking animated characters in game talking to you

I've been trying to shut up lotus for lord knows how long, this is like two steps back.

Yes.

Primary demographic for buying guns to get them NOW NOW NOW is probably the established players who are low on weapons to level. I'm speculating that with the huge resource surplus many established players are holding, DE often loses a lot of income to people just buying BP's for creds and rushing them for plat to get their weapon instantly. Even with having to buy slot/catalyst they still reclaim less than half the plat than if the same person had bought the weapon directly.

Doing clan tech and plat-only market distribution took rushing off the table for a few days, and people had to buy full price or wait a long time. If I want to be optimistic I could call it market research. Something they're doing just because they've never done it and they want to see what patterns in behavior/spending emerge, but even in an optimistic mood that's just sugar coating a cash grab. :P

DE get the money the second the platinum is bought.

It doesn't matter to them after that if you spend 50 on rushing an item or 200 on buying a gun, the cash is already in their bank.

It's why I find these people sitting on 1000s of platinum saying things like, "i am not giving DE my money for that".

They already have your money, or the money of the person who bought the platinum to trade with you for you items.

Thread cleansed of derailment and personal attacks, any further posts of that nature will not be tolerated.

As for my take:

The terms "cash grab", "paywall" - these mean that there is no other way to acquire the new content other than paying for it with platinum, which is not the case. You can still get them all with a bit of patience, via the dojo labs. For the impatient, the option is there to get them instantly.

So no, I don't think it's a cash grab.