Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I don't need to know the lore to know he doesn't fit into the current tenno theme

And now for what I think doesn't quite fit with the current tenno theme, Yeah he'l look better than hydroid, but he breaks the lore a bit.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Edited by RedSkittlez

Soo much focus in critique are about the art and artstyle.

Let me kindly remind those of you who only scrutinize appearances;

Concept Art. Visual Concept. Concept warframe lore and powers.

See? There are many elements to a concept, Typhus is no different.

Granted art is a superior tool to convey an idea, but it can be done without it.

Allso when a warframe goes full production there will allways be changes, compromises and ideas simply because the transition into a game require many factors like animation, effects, polygons and so on.

We could be seeing frames like Spawn, the Thing, Witchblade, Hellboy , Carnage, if the art team think it fits.

Please think a minute before posting.

Thank you.

Ignore my previous posts. Completely forget them. This one will some up my opinion

- That artwork is realy good, He looks far too much like shredder, but it's still pretty good. 

- I love skirts. The legs and arms are nice. The front of the torso is cool. 

And now for what I think doesn't quite fit with the current tenno theme, Yeah he'l look better than hydroid, but he breaks the lore a bit. He also kinda breaks the "I can project myself into that character" thing that the others have going for them. 

- Firstly, Far too much of his flesh is exposed. You're not supposed to know what's under the suit. It's something that exists for every other tenno frame (except for maybe mag prime, who has a mouth) However, Typhus goes way beyond mag prime in exposure. 

- Most of typhus's abilities are pretty detrimental for him. I mean for one skill he shoots out his RIBS. In another he boils and explodes.  One, two, three. Couldn't you like... give him the means to do that stuff without killing himself? Like robot- spider legs to replace those ribs? Jensen's typhoon with acid? 

- The armour falling off idea looks realy, realy cool. But again it exposes his flesh and... It'd be a pretty gpu expensive ability. Also wouldn't that make him weak? It's armour. It should realy try to stick to him. 

- Half of the helmet designs are too giger, What with the skull hands. The shredder helmet ontop of a human skull on top of a helmet is one that's pretty bad too. The fly wings too. Just...  Yeah, Some of the more neutral ones you've drawn are fairly fitting, but those aren't in the op. Leach is fine. Repose is awful. Just awful. 

I can see this guy causing some polarization. almost as bad as hydroid. 

that skull btw isnt a human one, what human has mandible thingys? and as for the reason it is there in the first place is because, he is themed to be a scavenger that uses his enemies armor to buff himself and keep him alive, wich is why there is no real problem with his abilities killing him. Ona damages him and kill enemies and one heals/buffs him and kill enemies. now back to the skull that fits with his scavenger(esqu) theme, think of the skull as a pease scavenged from a predator :3

Considering that Red already made a female Typhus concept, I think he's okay with a gender swap.

That is fair enough, but he still looks way, way more intimidating and unique under his original design as a male character. Besides, we already have a pretty close match for his theme (but toxin/disease rather than parasitic) in a female character - Saryn.

I think most people who don't like the artstyle will simply look at the thread, see the well-drawn-yet far-too-Morbid frame and then leave, assuming the thread would die, without even reading what abilities are there. 

I did that at first, then came back a few weeks later, suprised that there's over 70 pages and that it's been active since february. Yes, some of that's gotta be from the active OP, but it's still gotta be somewhat popular (and rather depressing, seeing as how new frame concepts generaly drown out common, easier to implement and more important gameplay ideas. Mostly because of how polarizing they might be.) 

So I read the OP, decided the abilities were pretty good, thought the frame had some promise, which could potentially improve if only the OP listen to my friendly constructive criticism on the all too niche artwork that won't appeal to a lot of people. Nope, Rude people. Rude people everywhere. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

That is fair enough, but he still looks way, way more intimidating and unique under his original design as a male character. Besides, we already have a pretty close match for his theme (but toxin/disease rather than parasitic) in a female character - Saryn.

Saryn, only use toxic abilities my friend unless they change her.

I think most people who don't like the artstyle will simply look at the thread, see the well-drawn-yet far-too-Morbid frame and then leave, assuming the thread would die, without even reading what abilities are there. 

I did that at first, then came back a few weeks later, suprised that there's over 70 pages and that it's been active since february. Yes, some of that's gotta be from the active OP, but it's still gotta be somewhat popular (and rather depressing, seeing as how new frame concepts generaly drown out common, easier to implement and more important gameplay ideas. Mostly because of how polarizing they might be.) 

So I read the OP, decided the abilities were pretty good, thought the frame had some promise, which could potentially improve if only the OP listen to my friendly constructive criticism. Nope, Rude people. Rude people everywhere. 

your original post was NOT constructive and your response to my reply which was not intended to be mean was that of an A@@ plus your argument has been made many times before, so we who support this concept are very tired of having to constantly explain it to people who dont read or even skim past the first few pages. So dont go acting like the victim when you are the one who fired first( your second post.) 

Edited by Senketsu_

So I read the OP, decided the abilities were pretty good, thought the frame had some promise, which could potentially improve if only the OP listen to my friendly constructive criticism on the all too niche artwork that won't appeal to a lot of people. Nope, Rude people. Rude people everywhere. 

To be fair, you were pretty rude yourself.

You are claiming it doesn't fit the lore even though you stated that you don't need to know the lore to be right.

I like constructive feedback, but you were not being constructive at all.

Edited by RedSkittlez

I love this.. so much.

/VoteforTyhpus2014. 

U14 ;-; 

DE please. 

Edit: Awesome job OP. o.ob Love the ideas. Completely speechless by this, though I agree with others. I hope they don't swap his gender If they ever use this concept. 

Edited by Verre

Also, the frame does not break lore in any way, shape, or form. Tenno are said to be immune to and to have adapted in part from the technocyte virus. Who is to say that one of their frames cannot be the extreme result of this adaptation?

Not to mention warframes are an extension of the Tennos abilities. Valkyr for example was a different type of warframe until she was exposed to the Zanuka project and traumatized, leading her to use the abilities she now has.

Why wouldn't Typhus have suffered a painful infestation from the Technocyte virus and now expresses that through his more graphic nature?

You're not supposed to see the tenno beneath the suit. 

I know it's not your particular proclivity, BUUUUUUUUUUT...

Read Biomega and BLAME!. Based on your posts, you'll regret every second of it, but you'll get a good idea of how I view the Relationship between the Tenno and the Warframe itself.

Personally, I believe that each Tenno has a sympathetic, symbiotic relationship with their Warframe, their Exo-Armour. Much like how Zouichi and Killy have skin underneath their armour, but are grafted to it, and can only remove it in small portions at a time (Ergo; Chapter 11 of Biomega, where it is seen that Zouichi's forearm comes apart, and even has tentacles holding his plating together.), and that their current mind-state can alter and change the configuration of their armour. I just believe that the Tenno have gotten so used to having one form that they simply don't remember how to change their configuration anymore, unless their absolutely forced to change, a la; Valkyr.

I'm not saying that the Tenno are entirely like Synthetic Humans in the Biomega/BLAME! -verse, but I believe they share similar properties. Not only in design, but in general function too.

EDIT: Sorry, I just re-read that part of Biomega I mentioned. It's Zouichi's shoulder, and it's a fair ways into Volume 2. He get's shot with a powerful toxin, and the armour on his shoulder comes apart so that he can dig the bullet out and administer an Anti-Toxin... which is weird because you'd figure a Gynoid would be immune to poisons...

Edited by Teqnologyque

You're not supposed to see the tenno beneath the suit. 

I don't really see what the issue is considering the nature of Typhus. I mean, Tenno aren't supposed to be able to turn into puddles and look where that got us.

I think that taking "established" archetypes of what Warframes can and cannot be and turning them upside down is a good thing, as it helps create variety and diversity. 

Clearly a Tenno's armor can be breached, otherwise we'd be immune to bleed damage and eviscerators would be out of their jobs. Who's to say that Typhus's armor doesn't get a bit more breached than others'?

Innocent_flower. The only thing we know about our armor is that it's due to the result of the technonyte virus and that because of that we had to go into stasis. That. Is. It. Their's no actual lore based on our Warframes

Stalker: Orokin's fall and our betrayal

Excalibur: Kinda how we were made

Mag: hints on about how the war against sentients were and how their ships were supposed to look

Ember: her talk with some old person and why their were kids in a ship

So tell me. How does he break lore or not fit the game?

Edit: fixed a minor typo

Edited by izzatuw

Innocent_flower. The only thhing we know about our armor is that it's due to the result of the technonyte virus and that because of that we had to go into stasis. That. Is. It. Their's no actual lore based on our Warframes

Stalker: Orokin's fall and our betrayal

Excalibur: Kinda how we were made

Mag: hints on about how the war against sentients were and how their ships were supposed to look

Ember: her talk with some old person and why their were kids in a ship

So tell me. How does he break lore or not fit the game?

THANK YOU!

God I'm truly starting to despise when people try to say something is lore breaking in Warframe where literally the ONLY lore we have other than events and the codex descriptions is nothing but speculation. I can get if the concept needs tweaking here and there. Honestly most concepts in the forums could get in with enough of it. But to blatantly state that something is bad and call people rude when defending their opinion while one gives no constructive feedback?

This is what it makes me do:

*Beats head into desk repeatedly*

Valid points:

Balancing issues

Performance issues

Suggestions on aspects (appearance/new powers/ blah blah blah)

Invalid points:

I don't like the way it looks

It's lore breaking

It's too gory/dark(SERIOUSLY PEOPLE?)

Huh... rant over. Hopefully we'll see some CONSTRUCTIVE AND INTELLIGENT FEEDBACK after a few days. 

THANK YOU!

God I'm truly starting to despise when people try to say something is lore breaking in Warframe where literally the ONLY lore we have other than events and the codex descriptions is nothing but speculation. I can get if the concept needs tweaking here and there. Honestly most concepts in the forums could get in with enough of it. But to blatantly state that something is bad and call people rude when defending their opinion while one gives no constructive feedback?

This is what it makes me do:

*Beats head into desk repeatedly*

Valid points:

Balancing issues

Performance issues

Suggestions on aspects (appearance/new powers/ blah blah blah)

Invalid points:

I don't like the way it looks

It's lore breaking

It's too gory/dark(SERIOUSLY PEOPLE?)

Huh... rant over. Hopefully we'll see some CONSTRUCTIVE AND INTELLIGENT FEEDBACK after a few days.

yeah. Gore was never a problem. Slashing enemies already slashes them in half shows tons of blood too.

I think its a bit too detailed for DE's taste (the part about the armor taking visible damage is one example of what I mean) and we already have a tortured warframe (valkyr), but valkyr's ripline could be used to simplify the coding for one of Typhus's abilities and an appearance that either starts with the broken look or otherwise connects his appearance to his theme without requiring him to pop the hood on his armor would be a good start.

edit: except you already have a good start, so this would be a good path to go down

Edited by Temp0ralfool

I think its a bit too detailed for DE's taste (the part about the armor taking visible damage is one example of what I mean) and we already have a tortured warframe (valkyr), but valkyr's ripline could be used to simplify the coding for one of Typhus's abilities and an appearance that either starts with the broken look or otherwise connects his appearance to his theme without requiring him to pop the hood on his armor would be a good start.

edit: except you already have a good start, so this would be a good path to go down

I don't think too detailed is a reason. But have you seen Zephyr's origin thread?

I don't think too detailed is a reason. But have you seen Zephyr's origin thread?

I mean they wouldn't do the whole armor taking visible damage thing until they do it with all of the frames (or use typhus to test it) and I have seen Zephyr's origin thread, it inspired DE's approach, but didn't define it, so my complaint is moot

I mean they wouldn't do the whole armor taking visible damage thing until they do it with all of the frames (or use typhus to test it) and I have seen Zephyr's origin thread, it inspired DE's approach, but didn't define it, so my complaint is moot

Elaborate a bit please? I think I can see where you're coming from but why would all frames have to take visible damage?

Elaborate a bit please? I think I can see where you're coming from but why would all frames have to take visible damage?

its too much of a generic feature to limit to one frame, but its necessary in order to show Typhus's theme instead of making him look like a generic samurai if the armor design op is suggesting gets used.