Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Holy Mama i Love his design, people will be like "oh finally i have a reason to play warframe", some people that is.

I think he should have alot of health sense he's mainly blood and his speed should be faster than volt because he sounds or looks like a predator.

Agile animation should make him look like a predator stance.

If your not sure about those powers maybe get inspired from the game Prototype.

Imagine you had a power that allows you to see through walls for enemies, highly increase your speed and create giant blades from the ground that follow you, attacking any enemy in the area (including the ones he senses through the wall).

Edited by Hunter126

Holy Mama i Love his design, people will be like "oh finally i have a reason to play warframe", some people that is.

I think he should have alot of health sense he's mainly blood and his speed should be faster than volt because he sounds or looks like a predator.

Agile animation should make him look like a predator stance.

If your not sure about those powers maybe get inspired from the game Prototype.

Imagine you had a power that allows you to see through walls for enemies, highly increase your speed and create giant blades from the ground that follow you, attacking any enemy in the area (including the ones he senses through the wall).

DON'T MENTION PROTOTYPE!!!!!

Now now. We can mention prototype. He was pointing Red in that direction, recommending a source of inspiration if he's having trouble, not stating that the idea was inspired by prototype

The Rookin [WIP]

warframe___the_rookin_wip_by_redskittlez

Since Typhus is a Samurai-ish Warframe, I decided to make a unique Infected katana weapon for him.  Here's a few examples of the weapon, which I'll call it the "Rookin" it has movable organic teeth. (Basically a organic chainsaw).

I haven't seen this before. I want this a little more than Typhus. By the way, skittles, is the Typhus in the OP still the one that's your vision?

I mean... how badass is an "organic chainsaw"

Edited by Zarrazheno

calling it now, typhus is the next frame to go in game

Yeah seems that way. Alad V may have found Typhus.

what tips me off the most is when he says ".... the future, your future..."

Hate to say it, but I don't think Typhus is the next frame. The event is probably just the reintroduction of the J3-Golem, and it's more than likely that an already existing frame's parts that aren't Tenno lab research or a boss drop will get assigned to it.

I do like Typhus though, and I would like to see it in game one day because it's a very cool concept.

Hate to say it, but I don't think Typhus is the next frame. The event is probably just the reintroduction of the J3-Golem, and it's more than likely that an already existing frame's parts that aren't Tenno lab research or a boss drop will get assigned to it.

I do like Typhus though, and I would like to see it in game one day because it's a very cool concept.

Shhhh, hush Dogeer. Let us dream.

I'm doing a bit of research for Typhus's 4th skill, re-watching some anime (specifically Karas, because the armor reminds me a lot of Typhus).

It's come to my attention that a few of Typhus's abilities are similar to other frames' abilities, and while similar powers aren't that big of a deal (i.e. how Rhino's charge and Excal's slash dash are roughly the same thing), I'd like to try to make Typhus's skills as unique as possible to bring something that hasn't been done yet in Warframe.

What it comes down to, I want typhus to be a glass cannon that absorbs health/armor/shields from enemies. While this does sort of make him overpowered (there wouldn't be anything to stop players from absorbing more and more shields by consuming Corpus enemies, armor/damage reduction from Grineer or health from infested, I've been playing with a few ideas to counterbalance this (i.e. armor/health/shield gains aren't permanent and wear off rapidly, or if you over-absorb and then stop absorbing you go through a sort of withdrawal which will de-buff Typhus). I don't want Typhus to be overpowered, I want him to be fun to play as and to have unique mechanics.

For reference, here's some Karas for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIKkHK_A3LE
(If you like it, definitely check out Karas, very good anime)

I'm doing a bit of research for Typhus's 4th skill, re-watching some anime (specifically Karas, because the armor reminds me a lot of Typhus).

It's come to my attention that a few of Typhus's abilities are similar to other frames' abilities, and while similar powers aren't that big of a deal (i.e. how Rhino's charge and Excal's slash dash are roughly the same thing), I'd like to try to make Typhus's skills as unique as possible to bring something that hasn't been done yet in Warframe.

What it comes down to, I want typhus to be a glass cannon that absorbs health/armor/shields from enemies. While this does sort of make him overpowered (there wouldn't be anything to stop players from absorbing more and more shields by consuming Corpus enemies, armor/damage reduction from Grineer or health from infested, I've been playing with a few ideas to counterbalance this (i.e. armor/health/shield gains aren't permanent and wear off rapidly, or if you over-absorb and then stop absorbing you go through a sort of withdrawal which will de-buff Typhus). I don't want Typhus to be overpowered, I want him to be fun to play as and to have unique mechanics.

For reference, here's some Karas for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIKkHK_A3LE

(If you like it, definitely check out Karas, very good anime)

seppuku themed ability :3 its kind of even Typhus lore friendly because he honorably sacrifices himself for his teammates. (btw yes I know thats not what Seppuku is, its an "honorable death by your own hand") I also think the symbolism would look cool to :)