Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guys. Guys Listen. Guys. Listen. Guys. I Have An Idea.

KijaJouteh

It isnt designed for veterans, problem is veterans get kinda cranky cause the new shiny toy isnt available asap.

To which i laugh and laugh and laugh.

I am a reasonable person, as such I think that DE does this kind of thing to create amusement on the forums for me.  Nothing funnier than the unreasonable raging of unreasonable people.

To which i laugh and laugh and laugh.

I am a reasonable person, as such I think that DE does this kind of thing to create amusement on the forums for me.  Nothing funnier than the unreasonable raging of unreasonable people.

I personally think it should have been a 3 day wait in research, but being able to research bp + parts all at the same time. Then the usual 3 and 1/2 to build it.

Oh, you're right. 10 day timewall was perfect, as well as making almost all of the new stuff clan related. 

Considering they released a ton of stupidly powerful weapons at low master requirement outside clan tech, yes. It was looooong overdue to get more clan tech weapons.

I personally think it should have been a 3 day wait in research, but being able to research bp + parts all at the same time. Then the usual 3 and 1/2 to build it.

that wouldn't be amiss, but honestly the current wait isn't terrible.  I mean It's the only only frame in the game I don't have but I don't feel the need to have it now, and if i did i could buy it.  Compare that to the fact that the last two non prime frames that came out took me approximately 1 hour 45 minutes combined to get, in that light at the very least I am paying back.  

If frames are as easy to get as that then why even bother putting them in the market, this is just logical to me.  I mean if it really bothers you then just shift your perspective to the frame being released the day you complete your research and it was just available to people for early plat purchase.   I just can't see getting upset about it because it conforms to their current frameworks and isn't unreasonable. Hell 10 days? It took me almost a full month to get the ember prime helmet, I'll take a guaranteed 10 days any day of the week.

Which brings us to RNG.  If you want to complain about RNG don't complain about waiting a little bit, that's gonna be the trade off. If you want it, need it got to have it now, buy it with plat.

Guest CrimsonCrown

That's what feedback (constructive feedback, mind you) is for. Not this "GUYS. GUYS. HEY GUYS. 10 DAY RESEARCH TIME ON ZEPHYR. GUYS?" stuff, and not the very same people whining about how Frost "is dead now because of Snowglobe nerf boo hoo hoo". DE isn't going to take note of topics like this either, because why should they?

WHy should you take note, mr look at me defending people.

WHy should you take note, mr look at me defending people.

I really have no idea what you're even trying to say, but I guess that's just me being dumb, right?

All this waiting can be done while not playing warframe, but playing another game/MMO. The Devs think they can win by getting you toplay longer...Not going to happen.

They shall only win payments.

Play other frames, and use other weapons. There's plenty to do in the game.

I think the Oxium requirement is A bit excessive but at the same time it gives players something to work for over a prolonged period of time. Oberon and Valkyr were pretty much handed to us on a silver platter and for a week straight you'd joinatches where everyone was the same frame.

wtf

why are you even complaining???

you don't want to wait for it?

@(*()$ buy it

I think it was great idea how they did this and I hope they got lots of revenue for it

great way to encourage ppl to spend money on the game

and those who don't want to spend money on it will still get it in couple days

great job de no sarcasm

I hope all the new warframes and weapons will have time limit on them

Weapons started out as clan-only and no market presence. People complained that clans were mandatory for them to get new weapons.

Weapons went onto the market. People complained that labs were useless because they had everything else researched, and the new stuff would have been perfect.

Weapons go onto both the market and labs. People still complain.

Unbelievable.

And if that's so terrible for you, let's take the Vauban approach and put all the Zephyr pieces on alerts. Now it'll take you an entire month to make instead of a few days! Wow, what an improvement!

You couldn't have said any better.

Came in here expecting Navi.

Wasn't disappointed. 

Besides, the wait is enough to allow all the Zephyr bugs to be ironed out before you get the frame. (See: Dive Bomb)

Didn't hear anything about people complaining that clans were mandatory for those new weapons, I must have been under a rock.

Mostly because everyone was whining that the Tetra/Stug/Penta/etc weren't[/t] clan-tech.

that wouldn't be amiss, but honestly the current wait isn't terrible.  I mean It's the only only frame in the game I don't have but I don't feel the need to have it now, and if i did i could buy it.  Compare that to the fact that the last two non prime frames that came out took me approximately 1 hour 45 minutes combined to get, in that light at the very least I am paying back.  

If frames are as easy to get as that then why even bother putting them in the market, this is just logical to me.  I mean if it really bothers you then just shift your perspective to the frame being released the day you complete your research and it was just available to people for early plat purchase.   I just can't see getting upset about it because it conforms to their current frameworks and isn't unreasonable. Hell 10 days? It took me almost a full month to get the ember prime helmet, I'll take a guaranteed 10 days any day of the week.

Which brings us to RNG.  If you want to complain about RNG don't complain about waiting a little bit, that's gonna be the trade off. If you want it, need it got to have it now, buy it with plat.

I said that it could be less, but I dont care at all. Ive waited longer for other frames, like Frost that took me over 70 runs against Krill to get him back in the days you had a chance at a part dropping, then RNG again on top of that.

I feel your pain on Ember, I was lucky to get her, but spent over a month to get a Glaive Prime.

I just said if anything, they could allow the research to be done all together . I wanted Zephyr, didnt need it, so I bought it. And dont regret it, chucked 2 Forma in and am having a blast with her.

You're unbelievable for complaining about complainers. 

Except he's completely right.

People object to waiting 10 days for something that takes DE a month to design? It's a futile complaint. Let's say DE announce a frame today and another in precisely 30 days time.  Let's also assume that players can get all the use out of a new frame (or at least enough to be awaiting the next) in 10 days.

You could have no build time, play for 10 days, then waiting 20 for the new frame (20 days of waiting for something). Alternatively you could have a 10 day build time, play for 10 days then wait 10 days for the next frame (20 days of waiting for something).

You spend exactly the same amount of time waiting on something, it is just psychological that the build time wait annoys you.

You cannot seriously expect not to have to work and wait to get something new in a F2P game, surely?

Weapons started out as clan-only and no market presence. People complained that clans were mandatory for them to get new weapons.

Weapons went onto the market. People complained that labs were useless because they had everything else researched, and the new stuff would have been perfect.

Weapons go onto both the market and labs. People still complain.

Unbelievable.

And if that's so terrible for you, let's take the Vauban approach and put all the Zephyr pieces on alerts. Now it'll take you an entire month to make instead of a few days! Wow, what an improvement!

Totally agree.

Also for the OP:

What's your alternative suggestion on how the devs should pace the release of new content?  Because I'm sure you underestimate how long it takes to create content for something like this.  If they gave you it straight away it'd be great for you for a few days, then you'd get bored.  Not saying the farming/grinding isn't a problem but the research wait is one of the better ways to pace the release of new stuff.

Totally agree.

Also for the OP:

What's your alternative suggestion on how the devs should pace the release of new content?  Because I'm sure you underestimate how long it takes to create content for something like this.  If they gave you it straight away it'd be great for you for a few days, then you'd get bored.  Not saying the farming/grinding isn't a problem but the research wait is one of the better ways to pace the release of new stuff.

I don't get this.

It doesnt matter if they will give it away right away or make you wait for 10 days in terms of content rate consumption.

Waiting for 10 days is not content, you know.