The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Greatest Fear

GarrisonStewart

Heights - went on a three story rock climbing umm thing lol... got to the second floor, height wise, of the mountain before i started to have a severe panic attack that i never knew i would ever have

Anatidaephobia - The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you

Edited by DeathMavrik

Void Metastability Event. Nothing to do with warframe.

It's complicated and involve quantum physics and void energy.

Long story short, there may or may not be a "shockwave" (or several) travelling throughout the universe at lightspeed and essentially disintegrating the laws of physics themselves on their way, leaving nothing behind them. And as they travel at the speed of light, we can't see it coming.

TL;DR: science says the earth and could be obliterated without warning at any moment. Thoroughly and completely annihilated. Like, just vanish in a nanosecond. Just because.

I've never heard of this before, but if this is true, that would be so friggin awesome.  I hope this happens.

My greatest fear is just being alone for the rest of my life, which seems to be very likely.

Being completely alone. I can stand being alone in my home for quite some time as long as I know someone's coming home. Not having that reassurance would be terrifying. Simply knowing that I'm completely on my own is what my nightmares are about.

Being stuck in the deep woods of the boreal forests, at night, with grizzlies, and no means of protecting myself.

Or, being blindsided by something far more dangerous than myself while swimming (like some kind of predator).

I dunno, those two things have always made me tense. Dangerous situations are far scarier than say, something that goes bump in the night.

Actually something I've considered for some time, what's the biggest fear of humanity?

It's such a powerful and hopeless feeling... My current guess goes between the fear of dying or the fear of loosing a loved one.

Normally phobias can be dismantled by the 1st one that I mentioned. Rejection is a good one, currently the one I feel the most is the fear of failing (I'd prefer to procrastinate than to let myself down or a another person).

Edited by Psychen