Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling Weak Weapons Is Not Entertaining, Nor Useful.

Unibot

their new xp system was great in theory. but in practicality it is highly inefficient.

for the record. ive never met anyone at kappa that wasnt leveling something or in some cases 3/4 things. kappa translates into roughly 'here let me help you level up by using this weapon while you use that and help me level this and we can benefit from the extra mob spawns to expedite our leveling so we can get off this boring node sooner'

just keep riding the leech train or take one weapon thats useful so you can feel better about yourself!

I want something to redirect affinity from using my usefull gun to my not so usefull gun.

See ?

Even if it cost plat.

You cant kill a thing with unranked weapon, sadly you cant a weapon rank if you dont kill with it. That is not acceptable.

Either buff weak weapons or  do something with affinity distribution.

Currently you can either leech from others to level useless stuff or waste a catalist to put more mods on early stages of weapon to make it less sucky.

That is not acceptable at all.

I use survival too, in the last two days I have levelled three frames and 5 weapons from 0 to 30 (polarising stuffs) and got round to finishing off Valkyr which is officially my least favourite frame, yes I know how to build her as a tank, it's not rocket science, I just don't like her play style at all.

Edited by HexCaliber

Weapons and warframes that have been polarized should get a few levels automatically, based on your mastery rank and how many forma you've used on that particular item. I mean, if you just got a new weapon from the Foundry or you bought it or whatever, it should start unranked, but if you've used a forma on it, then maybe giving it a few levels to make the grind a bit less grindy might be a nice touch. It will also make your mastery rank mean more than just a number on your profile.

change the whole affinity system to just use the 25% split for everything plan. That way I can use my best rifle to level the 3 things without feeling completely useless. And I can spend some alone time leveling weapons without the need of another person

their new xp system was great in theory. but in practicality it is highly inefficient.

for the record. ive never met anyone at kappa that wasnt leveling something or in some cases 3/4 things. kappa translates into roughly 'here let me help you level up by using this weapon while you use that and help me level this and we can benefit from the extra mob spawns to expedite our leveling so we can get off this boring node sooner'

just keep riding the leech train or take one weapon thats useful so you can feel better about yourself!

I have never heard a more perfect description of Kappa. Thank you. It doesn't help that to perfect a weapon you need 4 or 5 forma. DE needs to fire their playtesters. They obviously can't give good feedback.

Now imagine how noobs feel with their MK1s and barely any mods at all! 

You guys want it all easy, of course low rank weapon will be bad. I see no problem running 15 min of Mimas - get the cells there as a bonus, and not as boring as Kappa, its refreshing to get some challenge without the need to wait 45 minutes. Just spam Roar or Sonar to maximize the damage.

Ok did mercury survival with rhino...

First impressions - slow. Way too slow. Second impressions as I have unmodded weapons - it gets worse  the more time you spend.

You start to run out of ammo, weapons that are reliable on mods to be functional(drakgoon) performs horrible.

After I ran 5+ min(yes I could not stand any more of this humilation) - I went back to kappa, to leech off others and it was much better.

So why would I ever return to mercury survival now ?

To Monolake

Mimas is even higher level than mercury survival, so its even worse.

Agree with birdei

They just need to give 25% to all, no matter what your using to kill with. Yes it will be harder to level specific items, but  better to level in general.

That way I can go to kappa with fully modded synapse and not worry about leveling my unranked weapons - still performing well and helping others instead of just leeching.

Another +1 for doing Mercury survival, since the way Affinity levels for kills still aren't any good, you get almost as much XP per kill there as you do on a high-level planet, except your unranked gear can actually do some of the killing for the first 5-10 minutes.

Game's in Beta. We are the playtesters.

For a fact they also have in-house playtesters that play patches before they go live. Due to how many screwups go live, its obvious that they don't do a good job.

We are the second wave of playtesters and we caught wind long ago that exp is terrible now, and look how long its been? Exp was nerfed hard right at the inception of Damage 2.0 and DE doesn't even consider it an issue.

Another +1 for doing Mercury survival, since the way Affinity levels for kills still aren't any good, you get almost as much XP per kill there as you do on a high-level planet, except your unranked gear can actually do some of the killing for the first 5-10 minutes.

1) You do not get the same amount as if you would leeching kappa.

2) You are forced as in kappa to do something you do not want.

3) You do no good as a team player again in a multiplayer game. Yes we do sometimes like to play solo, but its a cooperative game and niether doing solo low lvl missions, nor leeching benefits that type of game in building community.

So again, we need to have an equal split of exp, maybe even manual split.

But this whole leveling weak weapons does not reflect what its stands for.

a) It does not improve your skill

b) Its boring as hell

c) Even ranked weak weapons are still weak

All you do is grind exp for those, so why not make it fun at least ?

This goal can be achieved 2 ways:

1) Hard and time consuming - devs balance all weapons making them all strong and usefull.

2) Devs allow us to split gained affinity to level those weak weapons while using strong(quick and dirty)

Either way leveling those will be more pleasant.

As of it stands now - people leech. Not because people are selfish, but because other ways to level these is much less profitable and you want to level them as quick as you can, so you can forget about it(since you wont use them, cause they are weak obvious)

Cmon Devs, I know you have something in store for us.

I would even spend plat to be able to split/redirect my affinity gained...

2) You are forced as in kappa to do something you do not want.

So exactly who is it, that's holding a gun to your head and demands you play on Kappa?

You choose to play there, you choose to ignore all other content when you want to level a weapon.

No wonder you are getting burned out, if all you focus on is leveling your weapons ASAP on the same map over and over.

There are tons of other ways to rank up your gear, you just choose not to do them.

So exactly who is it, that's holding a gun to your head and demands you play on Kappa?

You choose to play there, you choose to ignore all other content when you want to level a weapon.

No wonder you are getting burned out, if all you focus on is leveling your weapons ASAP on the same map over and over.

There are tons of other ways to rank up your gear, you just choose not to do them.

That's the thing, he -isn't- playing. He admits he's leeching, aka mostly sitting around while others near by kill things.