Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Twin Of Lotus, Orchid.

(PSN)GR13V4NC3

Hello Fellow Ninjai,

I just came up with idea just now, so bare w/ me. This idea spawned from a concept from another forum member (which is what I kinda do, I don't know why) but, I'm going to use it nonetheless, at least in part. So here goes...

What if there was a second Lotus and more specifically her other half/twin, Orchid (voiced by DE MEgan). Like Lotus, Orchid is the hivemind of the/a newly, rediscovered faction of Tenno. The other member's idea was to make it a Samurai-esk faction, which is not bad, but I'm not going to debate this. Regardless of the faction type (other than being Tenno), they would be discovered sometime down the line into the full story (part of the hidden motives the Lotus does not go into and why she sounds different sometimes. This could be the Orchid's transmissions hacking through) and the option/ability to join them and leave the connection to the Lotus becomes available (some Tenno being unhappy w/ being lied to & manipulated as the Lotus doesn't want to share control). Orchid would be similar to her counterpart in the respects of looks, but would be a bit more edgy/crass/emotional and have red hair, of course. Leaving wouldn't make you enemies of the Lotus, but you would no longer be connected to her and gifts, perks, missions and maybe even the dojos could be different (a little more warrior oriented, less pretty & more functional/rustic)

This could open up more types of missions, extend clan pvp & leader boards, etc. I don't really pvp, so just think about it. Again, this is a very rough sketch of an idea. 

Thanks for reading!

MEgan is my Lotus.

It would just end up being her voicing random sound effects:

"Beooowww" "Pew Pew"

"Woah, did you see that guy die? He was all like Phkeewwwggffff"

"Objective complete; return to the chocoboats fellas"

But would still be awesome, no? Much more fun than, "Mission Complete. Get to extraction."

Hello Fellow Ninjai,

I just came up with idea just now, so bare w/ me. This idea spawned from a concept from another forum member (which is what I kinda do, I don't know why) but, I'm going to use it nonetheless, at least in part. So here goes...

What if there was a second Lotus and more specifically her other half/twin, Orchid (voiced by DE MEgan). Like Lotus, Orchid is the hivemind of the/a newly, rediscovered faction of Tenno. The other member's idea was to make it a Samurai-esk faction, which is not bad, but I'm not going to debate this. Regardless of the faction type (other than being Tenno), they would be discovered sometime down the line into the full story (part of the hidden motives the Lotus does not go into and why she sounds different sometimes. This could be the Orchid's transmissions hacking through) and the option/ability to join them and leave the connection to the Lotus becomes available (some Tenno being unhappy w/ being lied to & manipulated as the Lotus doesn't want to share control). Orchid would be similar to her counterpart in the respects of looks, but would be a bit more edgy/crass/emotional and have red hair, of course. Leaving wouldn't make you enemies of the Lotus, but you would no longer be connected to her and gifts, perks, missions and maybe even the dojos could be different (a little more warrior oriented, less pretty & more functional/rustic)

This could open up more types of missions, extend clan pvp & leader boards, etc. I don't really pvp, so just think about it. Again, this is a very rough sketch of an idea. 

Thanks for reading!

MEgan is my Lotus.

Well, this would be cool actually. Branching options are always great, another faction path for the Tenno even more so.  Orchid could be a cool alternative.

It would just end up being her voicing random sound effects:

"Beooowww" "Pew Pew"

"Woah, did you see that guy die? He was all like Phkeewwwggffff"

"Objective complete; return to the chocoboats fellas"

This....lol this would be awesome. 

If I were to guess I would say you took some of your idea from maplestory. They have a somewhat similar thing with 2 leaders (twins even) called lotus and orchid and the idea of them working against each other in some way.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

That sound very interesting but why not just make her part of the same faction? And that Orchid would be the more....I cant think of a better word but Tiny Tina essentially she would do just random things like in the middle of a transmission hack into it and then overriding your objectives like so:

(this is a mission with Rhino, Frost, Loki, and Trinity)

Lotus:"Capture the targets bring them back...//-- *feedback,static on image, Orchid appears"

Orchid:"Change in plans!! blow this place up! I'm sendin' in charges, light this up!"

*static again, Lotus reasserts control*

Lotus:"Disregard previous orders, new orders in find the the remote device that's interacting with our transmissions"

*guess who's back?! Orchid!!*

Orchid:"NOO wait!! Rhino do the truffle shuffle DO IT! Frost do the safety dance! Loki, Trinity tango for me!!"

You get the idea she is the more "spaztic" but hilarious. but now I've got rhino doing the truffle shuffle stuck in my head you don't even need to look at the any of this but think about rhino doin the truffle shuffle.

Creating this Orchid character will not fix Lotus is one dimensional. Darvo in the present is a more interesting character with just his two missions. I believe that there is something planned for Lotus in the future in this regard. I am willing to speculate it is due to Lotus having a actual location that will be attacked by the enemy.