Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Colour Pallet Colour Ideas.

Xyana

I'd love to add metallic colors, but they'll require fancy shader code to get working properly and our Devs are hard at work implementing game-play systems and working on new content. It is something I will raise with them again, a bit further down the track. 

For that, I would rather have a metallic skin available.. and then the color on top tints the metal(s) accordingly..

Can we please see number values assigned to each colour within a palette so we can find colours from things we painted ages ago an want to copy onto new items etc.

To be more clear, when I hover over a colour when I'm choosing one, can a little tooltip popup saying for example;

HWRr1s5 [HalloWeen Red row 1 slot 5]. Which would be to super rich top right corner one on the Halloween Palette I tend to use a lot.

Maybe this needs to be put to the UI guys and not here, but what do you think?

Edited by Wednesdae

For that, I would rather have a metallic skin available.. and then the color on top tints the metal(s) accordingly..

I play Arma, and they've got a pretty simple way of handling it, where a certain color of a specular map corresponds to a certain material property for the shaders. Wondering if something similar could be done for Warframe. The same method for the diffuse being able to be recolored (I'd assume it's the same way DICE does it for BF3/4), it's possible the specular map could be done the same way.

I play Arma, and they've got a pretty simple way of handling it, where a certain color of a specular map corresponds to a certain material property for the shaders. Wondering if something similar could be done for Warframe. The same method for the diffuse being able to be recolored (I'd assume it's the same way DICE does it for BF3/4), it's possible the specular map could be done the same way.

I wouldn't want a metallic skin because I don't want an entirely metallic frame. I'd want only certain colors/parts of the frame to be metallic.

I wouldn't want a metallic skin because I don't want an entirely metallic frame. I'd want only certain colors/parts of the frame to be metallic.

Well we're split on this. Some people want it, some people don't. But I guess it's kinda cool to look like a Vandal Series / Wraith Series Frame.

It's not just metallic silver we're asking for, actually, what I'd want is that Metallic Green of the Vandal series. I'd like to wear that.

Edit: Metallic Green + Immortal Skin = Profit!!! (for DE)

Edited by ErudiusNacht

I'd love to add metallic colors, but they'll require fancy shader code to get working properly and our Devs are hard at work implementing game-play systems and working on new content. It is something I will raise with them again, a bit further down the track. 

when we get to that, we might as well go all out for the effort. 3, even 5 Metallic Palates. covering most of the colors that exist. 

save for Vandal and Prime Metallics, i guess. 

there's a lot of neat Metallic colors i've wanted across many frames. Silvers, Blues, Whites, YellowishOranges, etc.

and perhaps someday, Iridescent, Two-Tone, Pearlescent, Matte, Gloss, Super Gloss, Ultra Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Eggshell, Satin, Flat, .... i'm sure there's other finishes i'm forgetting.

:D

Edited by taiiat

^^^ Interesting Concept/lore fit... Nova, being "Tenno High Council Research" (ie: not Prime-able as she's fully Post-Orokin-era design) would be a (forgive the pun) 'prime' target to become a Vandal Frame..  afterall a Nova Prime Molecular Prime would be far tooo Prime... though working that into the lore.. hm... Tenno council member captured by corpus, hidden in derelicts... rescue them, capture the enemy,  and be rewarded with a vandal skin? More Darvo?? /SHRUG/... Ideas!, but I digress...often.... 

While I agree that Far down the road (Post 'beta') they could try customizable metallics... I think it's the richer dark colors we're really missing at the moment; Chocolates and Midnights. :)

I want some gold. Oh, and if my suggestion is viable, it'd be a win-win for us both.

PRIME ALL THE FRAMES!!!

EDIT: PRIME EVERYTHING!!!

Ogris Prime

Prova Prime

Acrid Prime

Stug Prime

Dark Sword Prime

Seer Prime (uh, wait, wut?)

Wyrm Prime

Death Rifle Prime

Detron Prime

Candy Cane Prime

Despair Prime

Wraith Twin Vipers Prime...

Edited by ErudiusNacht

We've got a lot of yellow, red and consequently orange tints in the Fire and Storm color pickers already. I'd like to focus on colours that we need more of.

I require blues and purples please.

...mainly purple

......crazy bright neon shades of all colors as well :D

@Draice

Why can't we have a Corpus color palette? Grineer and Infested got one...

Corpus palette could have some greys, blues, greens, purples and all sorts of colors, that the Corpus use. Don't know all the Corpus colors but... It'd be cool.

Agreed. I kinda like your dad's black suit. There's also been variations in crewmen uniforms lately.

Can we please see number values assigned to each colour within a palette so we can find colours from things we painted ages ago an want to copy onto new items etc.

To be more clear, when I hover over a colour when I'm choosing one, can a little tooltip popup saying for example;

HWRr1s5 [HalloWeen Red row 1 slot 5]. Which would be to super rich top right corner one on the Halloween Palette I tend to use a lot.

Maybe this needs to be put to the UI guys and not here, but what do you think?

It's a good idea, I'll mention it to them.

How about a complete gold silver pack to really make my volt shine~

I think that has been suggested a while ago... I really would like that too... But not only gold and silver... there should be a "shiny metal" palette for a varying range of colors, silver and gold being part of it. :D

Edited by MeduSalem

I think that has been suggested a while ago... I really would like that too... But not only gold and silver... there should be a "shiny metal" palette for a varying range of colors, silver and gold being part of it. :D

Is Shiny Black included as well? XD

@Draice

Why can't we have a Corpus color palette? Grineer and Infested got one...

Corpus palette could have some greys, blues, greens, purples and all sorts of colors, that the Corpus use. Don't know all the Corpus colors but... It'd be cool.

I can look into doing something like this after St. Pat's day.

I understand why people keep asking for metallics, but it would ruin the specialness of prime weapons and frames. I feel strongly against this ever becoming a thing. Quite frankly, I'm glad it would be too difficult to implement properly. 

Also, Draice I answered your reply on the previous page. 

Edited by Xyana

I understand why people keep asking for metallics, but it would ruin the specialness of prime weapons and frames. I feel strongly against this ever becoming a thing. Quite frankly, I'm glad it would be too difficult to implement properly. 

Also, Draice I answered your reply on the previous page. 

That's right, because the only thing special about the Primes is their look, right? If that's the only thing they're worth, then they should just be skins.

That's right, because the only thing special about the Primes is their look, right? If that's the only thing they're worth, then they should just be skins.

I didn't say that was the only reason, but it is one of the reasons. You don't need to get rude. 

I didn't say that was the only reason, but it is one of the reasons. You don't need to get rude. 

How is that rude? Just because I said something you don't agree with? To say that metallics ruins specialness of the primes does indeed mean that what makes primes special is their metallic characteristics. Nothing rude about that. I'm just saying that if that's what makes them special, and not the fact that they're polarized essentially, then they need to just be skins. And, quite frankly, that's the only thing I really value about them myself, is how they look.