Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Hold tight for the new Livestream tonight.

Im sure we will get the answers then.

I hope for a Jedi knight mode where blocking, movement and combos is fun and useful.

My only concern is how it will balance against enemies.

Loki Prime will be fun if this system work well :)

Hopefully before I lose all interest in warframe. The two things I started playing this game for are melee and parkour. Needless to say those have remained untouched since U7, when I started WF. In the mean time we've been flooded with new guns and frames. Also as much as I was excited about melee 2.0 in the beginning, the more I hear about it the more it worries me. Mods to unlock moves ? That's just a terrible idea imho.

Hopefully before I lose all interest in warframe. The two things I started playing this game for are melee and parkour. Needless to say those have remained untouched since U7, when I started WF. In the mean time we've been flooded with new guns and frames. Also as much as I was excited about melee 2.0 in the beginning, the more I hear about it the more it worries me. Mods to unlock moves ? That's just a terrible idea imho.

The moves will be there by default and ranking the weapon will give you new move benefits. What the mods do is change the move set completely. In other words if the Skana is good with one Enemy because its a focused strike, then you can change it to become a Crowd Control with a mod so you make wider swings thus hitting more people.

We really don't know all the details but this is what it sounds like its going to be over all.

Lordi coming back for another go?!?

Huzzah!

Nope.

This year it's SoftEngine a dime a dozen Pop/rock band.

Meaning were 100% sure to get ZERO POENG from absolutely everyone.

Edited by Ziegrif

At least unlike Valve we actually KNOW what they're working on. And it's a lot. This is going to take up 1/6 of game content because of how intense it's gonna be. Sometime this month, they hope. It's hard keeping up to your own deadlines AS WELL as keeping the player base happy.

It's like making a webcomic.

At least unlike Valve we actually KNOW what they're working on. And it's a lot. This is going to take up 1/6 of game content because of how intense it's gonna be. Sometime this month, they hope. It's hard keeping up to your own deadlines AS WELL as keeping the player base happy.

It's like making a webcomic.

That sounds about right

2) It's not so much unlocking moves as it is changing the way your attacks flow.

I think i just explained it kinda the same in my own way a sec ago lol

I kind of agree.

The latest devstreams have not entirely sold me on the concept of having to "waste" precious mod slots to unlock melee moves. Sure, they say that they are going to add damage to these new mods but seeing how they will essentially become "dual-stat"-mods you will probably not see as much raw damage as Pressure Point adds - you'll most likely still giving up some % of damage for a new move.

The way I've understood it is also like this.

Base damage (tapping E) is 100% so basic

Drawn Melee (New attack type) 150% Increased damage

Then you add the mod to it thus increasing the over all damage count.

Also there is the counter system.

Low Melee Combo: No multiplier

Mid Melee Combo: x2 Multiplier

High Melee Combo: x3 Multiplier

Ultra Melee Combo (If any) x4 Multiplier

So in the end you get to do over 500% damage or more.

My logic is basically what they have said about the new system. My math is my own so the buff can be higher then that for all I know.

So what kind of over-the-top crazy awesome moves do you guys think DE has come up with for melee 2.0 aside from the ones we saw in the livestream? (yes that scythe one was insanely awesome in my opinion)

Also do you guys think there should be background music to pump you up when you switch to melee? (RULES OF NATURE anyone? (yes it needs to be in caps))

You guys know that you will need pretty high level mobs for that fancy combo moves? Why? Just because you will oneshot everything with your first strike.

Also, you will prolly need unmodded Skana if you dont want to oneshot everything.